Salam Alaykum Brothers and Sisters, someone very dear to me reverted to Islam a few years ago and is now really keen on learning arabic. I am an arab myself however, I mainly know arabic from it being...
Salam Alaykum Brothers and Sisters, someone very dear to me reverted to Islam a few years ago and is now really keen on learning arabic. I am an arab myself however, I mainly know arabic from it being spoken at home so it isn't the proper arabic. I have been teaching him the basics, alphabets, pronunciations of letters etc. However, I would like to buy him a set of book/cd of arabic for beginners and was hoping someone could give me some recommendation. I am particularly interested in recommendations from non-native reverts who may have used a specific book/cd and really benefited from it. Inshallah Allah rewards you for help. Jazakum Allah Khair.
The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you – depending on how you respond to them. Unfortunately, most people fail to see how Allah wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring.
Here are five ways Allah wants to use the problems in your life:
1. Allah uses problems to DIRECT you. Sometimes Allah must light a fire under you to get you moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is Allah trying to get your attention? “Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways.”
2. Allah uses problems to INSPECT you. People are like tea bags…if you want to know what’s inside them, just drop them into hot ever water! Has Allah tested your faith with a problem What do problems reveal about you? “When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience.”
3. Allah uses problems to CORRECT you. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It’s likely that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove…. But you probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something… health, money, a relationship…by losing it. “It was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to your laws.”
4. Allah uses problems to PROTECT you. A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from being harmed by something more serious.. Last year a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem – but it saved him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when management’s actions were eventually discovered. “You intended to harm me, but Allah intended it for good…”
5. Allah uses problems to PERFECT you. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. Allah is far more interested in your character than your comfort. Your relationship to Allah and your character are the only two things you’re going to take with you into eternity. “We can rejoice when we run into problems…they help us learn to be patient.. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust Allah more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady.”
Here’s the point: Allah is at work in your life – even when you do not recognize it or understand it. But it’s much easier and profitable when you cooperate with Him.
“Success can be measured not only in achievements, but in lessons learned, lives touched and moments shared along the way”