Don't you feel hot in all that clothing?

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Q. Don't you feel hot in all that clothing?

Muslim men and women often adopt a modest style of dress that seems conservative to some people. Seeing a Muslim dressed like this, especially in the scorching summer sun, prompts this oft-repeated question.

A. In many ways, covering the body protects it from the heat of direct sunlight. Notice that the traditional dress in many desert climates consists of loose, flowing robes. In loose clothing, the air around the body flows freely and cools more readily. The choice of fabric covering the body is more important than the square inches/centimeters exposed or covered. And when people have been wearing this type of clothing for many years, the body get used to it.
On extremely hot days, we might be uncomfortable as is everyone else. During those times, we find comfort knowing that we are following what we believe to be God's guidance for us.

Maria Norway

:salam2:

Hope you are all well in health and iman, inshallah!

Just a question regarding clothing...I was told that there is one type of fabric that is "cooler" (as in not so warm) than other fabrics. Does anyone know which fabric this is? Cotton? Lycra? .... This would help me greatly.

Jazakallah Keiran

:wasalam:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

it's funny....just last sunday,while I was working, everyone was complaining about the hot weather. A collegue of mine was sweating!!
I was just so calm....with my hijaab....not a drop...alhamdulillah!
....Allah decided certain things for a good reason :ma:

sumaya_graham

Assalam alaikum,

Well I think that cotton is the best, Insha Allah. Personally I find if I wear lycra, poliester and others they make me sweat a lot and I get smelly, even in the winter. I only buy cotton clothes now and they are much better, the only problem is that you have to keep ironing everything......but thats life....jeje

Fi amanillah,
Sumaya

dianne

Salam,

Hellfire is more hotter than weather in here.patience in the test of Allah swt for our faith(aqeedah) to remember him.

wassalam

shahidah123

Assalammualaikum,

In this hot weather, i often get stares from others when i go out in hijab. But i just smile and my tactic is to keep reminding myself that this heat i am feeling is no compare to the heat of hell fire. So i'd rather bear this heat on earth than in the hereafter, InsyaAllah. So i just tell myself, bear with it & Allah s.w.t. knows if i do it Lillahi ta'ala.:tti_sister:

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
I think that thick cloth of BURQA will be hotter.But I think if we were to use thin or light cloth for PARDA(BURQA) it will stick to us during winds and the Geography of our body can be easily seen.So we should prefer THICK CLOTH inspite of being in a hot,sunny day.

Inscha-Allah,Allah will help all our sisters and us.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Deleted, because i can't say how I feel, I have to act like a robot around everyone, just to be liked. my feedback, like me won't be missed anyways would probably be no I'm cold. LOL.

suumaya

Salaam
That is the question most people ask me, why don't thay ask why we wear that, rather then if it's Hot!!!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
This heat is only a breath from the hell fire, ya Allah!! Dont want to find out what the real thing is!! People will stare anyway, so you kind of get used to it. I see these women half naked,and I thank Allah for Hijab!! Its a blessing!!

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah

its 37C yesterday and i walk proudly with my niqab although people keep staring at me.. its a hot season here but i dont sweat a lot. people wears tshirt has lotsa sweat than me. even before i wear niqab i was sweating a lot more. Alhamdulillah Allah knows best:muslim_child:

Hijaabi

No, By allah i couldnt be happier for the Hijaab, such a blessing no men can look at me in a twisted perverted way alhamdullilaah! Thank you ALLAH for the Hijaab.