Starting over

Shannonx

:salam2:
Is it possible for somebody who said their shahadah already, to say it again? Basically starting over. I ask because I want to go to the local masjid and say it. I said it alone in April, but when I said it I was having doubts. Not doubts about wondering if Islam is really the truth, but I don't think I was ready to become a Muslim. Instead of just learning everything online which is what i've been doing, I want to goto the masjid instead and I want to learn more about Islam and get a lot more of my questions answered there so I can be 100% sure I want to do it. I met this sister on myspace (yes, Myspace lol) that lives in my area and she's my age. And we've been talking. She offered to help me with anything i'm having a problem with, so I think i'll feel better and my iman won't be down so much if i'm actually interracting with other Muslims. My faith has been going down a lot, to the point where i'm thinking of just giving up on Islam and abandoning it. Which I don't want to do, but I just keep getting those thoughts. And it hasn't been just one day then the next is okay, it's gotten to the point where I think those thoughts everyday. It's been going on for a couple of weeks :(
But, my main question is if it's possible to say your shahadah again and start over. I probably shouldn't of said it back in April if I wasn't ready.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Each day we wake up we reaffirm our faith. Do we not? You have been so loyal. You need to relax and take one day at a time. You need to write to us more often...we will give you cyberhugs. Do not dwell on the negatives. I know you will get a lot of encouragment and advise...I will give you the hugs.

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum dear sister
I was once told that this is shaytans last chance to sway you his way, I felt the EXACT same way you did before taking my shahada......I knew it was the truth but my life was so much easier, why take the responsibilty of muslims when all I have to do is keep ingoring its calling......I havent looked back since October 98' it was the BEST decision of my life and now 10 years later I cant imagine my daily life without the teachings of Islam. I would suggest taking it in the masjid and also attending the masjid as much as you can if you have a helpful and supportive community inshallah they can help strenghten your iman. You are in my dua dear sister, make dua turn to ALlah subhana wa ta'ala and ask HIM for help, patience strength guidance wisdom understanding whatever it is that you need , he wont forsake you whe you turn to HIM sincerely. I second the cyber hugs!

Shannonx

I have been relaxed and taking one day at a time. But I feel like it hasn't gotten me anywhere. I was just thinking the other day of telling my parents i've converted to Islam. But, now I don't know if I should since it'll open so many problems and I don't really want to deal with it. I know my brothers will ridicule me, I know their friends will, my friends will, my family will. I'm just not strong enough to ignore it and not let it get to me. I bring this up because it's one of the main reasons i'm getting thoughts about leaving Islam. I believe Islam is the truth, but I just keep thinking of all the problems that'll start once they know. And I just wonder if it's worth it. Knowing that this world is just a test isn't enough for me to not worry about what my family thinks, what my friends think, etc I wish I could just block out all their negative comments they'll say, but I can't. I want to call the local masjid too about the problems i'm having, but i'm way too shy to even call and even to shy to goto the masjid. It's pretty sad.

I realize i'm probably getting annoying since all the threads I make is me complaining about something.

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum sister
I wish I could say that your road will be easy. I wish that I could say that you will have no harship and that your family and friends will accept you and your new life, MAYBE they will, sometimes what we acnticipate to happen does not happen. What helped me is persistancy, it became my lfie they saw it and couldnt do anything about it because of my conviction, you say you know it is true, you are being tested right now, will you pass this small test and move up the ladder or will you postpone this test and stay where you are only to be bothered by this same calling sooner or later? Only ALLAH knows best, dont be shy about calling the masjid that is what they are there for.....the only silly question is the one not asked. Allah subhana wa t'ala guides whom HE wills and HE has already guided you , all you need to do is take that first step the first day is the hardest the first person and family you tell is the most difficult the first day calling the masjid is the most difficult the first time to wear hijab is the most trying! (if you so chose down the road)
May ALLAH subhana wa t;ala make you path to him filled with peace and hope may HE make things easy for you and give you strength and patience and preserverance.

Shannonx

Wa alaikum asalam loveislam1
Thank you for responding back, I appreciate it.

Well, hopefully i'll tell my parents soon. I wanted to tell them before Ramadan so I can participate in it for the first time. I just need the strength to sit them down and tell them.
And inshallah my iman goes back up, I hate having thoughts about leaving Islam. Jazakallahu khair for responding.

ShyHijabi

Salaam Sister Shannon,

This will be a hard road....you have been blessed and chosen by Allah (swt) and that just drives Shaitaan crazy. He will try anything, both subtle and unsubtle, to convince you that you made a mistake. One of the worst things you can do right now is isolate yourself from the Ummah. Think of yourself as an infant in Islam, would you expect an infant to survive without protection and nuturing? That would be ridiculous.

As hard as it is to call a Mosque and put that foot forward, please mount up the courage. I remember the first time I called the local Mosque...I was literally shaking as I dialed the number. But Mashallah, they were so kind and enfolded me into their flock, and I didn't even convert there...but they helped plant that seed. I strongly suggest you make contact and establish a few close Muslim friends before telling your family that you've converted. That way of they are harsh on you you will have a safety net under you.

Please do not be so hard on yourself..this can be a trying and sometimes lonely time. We are always here, dear sister, but also make sure you establish some "real life" Muslim friends to help encourage you when your imaan falters.

Wasalaam.

~Sarah

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Dear sister Shannox!
Assalamu alaikum (peace be unto you). Yes, thats what you need, peace, especially right now as I can see from your writings, you are very tense and restless.
You said is it worth all this trouble and redicule and questions etc. to be muslim? I would say, yes it is.
It is worth every trial to avoid the eternal fire who's fuele is people and stones.
It is worth every redicule, hardship and effort to find way to eternal paradise, where there is no quarrel, jealousy and misery. There is peace, happiness and content.

Above all, it is worth every trouble to get closer to the one who created you and us. To stand in his presence 5 times a day and make a direct contact with him.
I am sure you will not shun the truth for these minor issues as i can see that you are a person who can fight your way through. Your fight is now internal, within yourself, against all those rules put by others for no good reasons. And that is why you are here.

As the time goes by, your shyness will disappear and bravery will take its place as you will not only want to save yourself, but also those who are close and dear to you and that requires courage.
You can do it, with the help of Allah swt, just call on him.

Wassalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
You dont have to because the we say the shahada at least 5 times each day . During tashahud for prayers , we said the shahada. There is a similar question on islam qa.

Dont be too worried about this...Just continue what you are doing and :tti_sister:

The dog look depressed , isnt it??

mohsofi_abdullah

Salam sister,
You know what... Shaytan goes crazy everytime a muslim feels comfortable being muslim...
He is thrilled when we got doubts...
Trust me on this one, sis...
There are a lot of muslims who become muslims during the day, but kafirs during the night...
Your situation is just sociolgoical, I guess...
it is meant to be hard especially when you are all alone...
Once you get thru the Islamic Adulthood within an Islamic Life, YEAH... InsyaAllah, it will all be peaceful... Like someone was saying... looking back, it was kind of hard on him/her... but, now, he/she is in full command of his/her life as a muslimin/mulsimat...
The time will come when you can't think of anything else but Allah Subhanahuwataala, knowing, you allready have that ability to acknowledge Islam as the truth...
InsyaAllah

Shannonx

Thanks for the replies. This kind of brings me to another question. How exactly does someone repent to Allah? Like for instance if you do something haram and you want Allah's forgiveness.

Shannonx

You dont have to because the we say the shahada at least 5 times each day . During tashahud for prayers , we said the shahada. There is a similar question on islam qa.

Dont be too worried about this...Just continue what you are doing and :tti_sister:

The dog look depressed , isnt it??

lol I dunno, I just thought it was cute.

mohsofi_abdullah

salam sister,
we cant dwell on the sinful acts we hav committed, for we MUST hide anything sinful from the public..
but we need to ask forgiveness for all the sins, insyaAllah we will b forgiven...
just, dont take for granted how forgiving Allah Subhanahuwataala is toward HIS creations...
always ask for forgiveness and believe in HIS power ...
and do not lie (to anyone, including yourself, especially to Allah Subhanahuwataala)...
of course most servants of Allah Subhanahuwataala would repent at many points of this life, but, we are subject to sinful acs from time to time, and we will never become the Allah's angels, whose mission is only to serve Allah, without any objection nor hardship...
human beings are subject to our Iman, weak or strong...
we make mistakes, and remember, many religious people, who act religious or teach others are also destined to make even bigger errors... so, nobody is perfect, and lets hope that our teachers will teach us without arrogance and hatred, so that we won't teach the next generation with arrogance and hatred...
salam

abdulboji

Sister , to strength your faith always remember that this life is very short and there is a purpose for this life ........ this wonderful universe it is impossible it came by chance their must be a creator who give us the responsibilty other than any other creatures ....... it must be there is a message from our creator to human beigns ........this message is clear and very simple there is a God and worship him ...................... how do we worship this God and any other instructions ...............by prophets and messengers who have been sent from beginning of humanity until the last and final prophet Muhammad peace and plessing upon him to learn us the last legislations and instructions from our creator , it is like system that human beings to success in this life and hereafter life .

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Thanks for the replies. This kind of brings me to another question. How exactly does someone repent to Allah? Like for instance if you do something haram and you want Allah's forgiveness.

Make Dua to God for forgiveness like this >>>:tti_sister: inshAllah if you are sincere you will be forgiven, as Allah (SWT) is most forgiving

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Make Dua to God for forgiveness like this >>>:tti_sister: inshAllah if you are sincere you will be forgiven, as Allah (SWT) is most forgiving
Sister you took the words out of my heart, I always say to ppl who ask me how to seek repentence or how to make dua to Allah SWT that be sincere, your sincerity is what Allah loves.

There is a nice example for all of us in the repentence of Adam and Eve (Peace be upon them both), when they felt the guilt and repented with sincerity Allah SWT himself taught the words by which they can repent.
Then Adam received from his Lord Words []. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful (37)
So make dua with sincerity and words will come along, inshaAllah.

At least this is my personal expereince.

Ma-assalamu-alaikum