Swedish Church to join Stockholm Gay Pride parade

IbnAlAawam

Swedish Church to join Stockholm Gay Pride parade

Thu Aug 2, 1:10 PM ET

STOCKHOLM (AFP) - The Swedish Lutheran Church will march for for the first time in the Gay Pride parade in Stockholm under the slogan "Love is stronger that everything", the Church announced on Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

"For the first time ever, the parade at the Pride festival will have a delegation from the Swedish Church," it said in a statement.

The parade will go through the streets of the Swedish capital on Saturday.

The Church said the delegation would include about 30 people including two deans from the Stockholm and Uppsala cathedrals.

It said it also wanted to "break the masses' big silence" regarding gays, bisexuals and transexuals.

"The Swedish Church is a Church open to everyone," Uppsala priest Ann-Katrin Bosbach explained.

Sweden, already a pioneer in giving same-sex couples the right to adopt children, looks set to allow gays to marry in the Lutheran Church by introducing a new marriage law in January 2008.

If the so-called "gender neutral" marriage legislation is adopted, the Scandinavian country would become the first in the world to allow gays to marry within a major Church.

Stockholm Pride is Scandinavia's largest Gay Pride celebration and last year 45,000 persons participated, according to its organizers.

Homosexuality was not legalized in Sweden until 1944.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam
lol where I live it's in style to be gay or at least be friends with someone whose gay.....it's funny how the church changes the bible to fit into society, lets hope that people will never do that with the quran inshAllah

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
what's happening with these christian church leaders? they used to have such high moral values. i believe muslims christians and jews need to fight against things like this.

abdulboji

so sadness for human beings !!

realy I felt sadness for what human beigns doing , they are damaging the nature of this universe they are against the instinct .

this is because they don't follow the truth way of Almighty creator " Allah " , thanks to god i am a muslim and ask Allah will make me straight in the way of great religion of Islam .

daud

goodly tree
for them it is okey to be gay but not okey to marry some1 10 years younger, who is opposite sex.

apocalypse77

i think this is the problem with judaism and christianity in general..they really felel they can just pick and choose anything in their religion they feel fits their interest..its like "oh!! ill pick this from my religion cos its easy!!" and "ehh!! i dont like this one and im going against it!!"

i dont encourage homosexuality, in fact all 3 abrahamic religions dont but pls dont have the audacity to do such things in public esp if ure like from a rleigious figure! *faints*

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam
salaam allaikum

some Crisitans who protest against Homosesuality actually have a good point in stating that

"God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Stieve"

walaikum asslaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Why are we so concerned about what the kuffir are doing? Why are we not concerned about our brothers and sisters who are suffering. It amazes me that we have so many responses to threads like this and so few to the serious issues involving our ummath. Maybe, just maybe I am the one that is stupid. I have written at least three times about Dr. SamiAl-Arian and maybe two responses. No we are too busy questioning gay parades. Does it matter what the church and the gays do. No, they are from the same cloth. We need to become a little serious.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum;

no you are not stupid at all but people in everywhere seems to like a little "scandals". Most of the newspapers and magazines are usually full of them too. And they weren´t if people wouldn´t like to read...

:SMILY149: