WHAT IS HIJAB FOR YOU?

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamualycum sisters,

I would llike to start with this beautiful poem:

And my Hijab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They stand there with shorts, so short, excessively short,
shorts that so deceptively capture from them all they know
of modesty...

...and I proudly pull my scarf over my hair

They stand there, face lost in a sea of make-up,
make-up that so ruthlessly captures from them all they know
of freedom...

They stand there, hair raining with gels, colors -
chemicals that so menacingly capture from them all they know
of purity...

They stand there, so close, so very close to their "lover",
devoted to them, the devotion that so mercilessly captures
from them all they know of individuality...

And they stand there, talking of getting new shorts, new gels
and colors, new boyfriends, materialistic things
that so wrongfully capture from them all they know
of God and love...

For my scarf is my protector, my lover, my devotion,
my pureness, my beauty, my rememberance of God,

And I proudly pull it over my hair knowing that when I wear it,
I so rightfully thrust away all the things that the devil
brought about,

And when I put it on, I am

Free...

By Nura Alia

So I just want to know what is Hijab for you?
How do you feel in Hijab?

please give your comments.................

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Hijab is more to me than just a scarf over the hair. It is loose fitting, modest clothing, lowering of the gaze, modesty of the heart and tongue. To me the head scarf is just a piece of the overall hijab and if the rest isn't done then it is useless. I have seen females here at my school wear hijab and also wear very tight fitted clothing...this is not hijab in my opinion.

Where versely I see females who do not cover their hair but have more of the other details....loose fitting clothing that covers everything, modest tongue and actions, a humble spirit.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

halah

Salaam,

Hijab is more to me than just a scarf over the hair. It is loose fitting, modest clothing, lowering of the gaze, modesty of the heart and tongue. To me the head scarf is just a piece of the overall hijab and if the rest isn't done then it is useless. I have seen females here at my school wear hijab and also wear very tight fitted clothing...this is not hijab in my opinion.

Where versely I see females who do not cover their hair but have more of the other details....loose fitting clothing that covers everything, modest tongue and actions, a humble spirit.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

:salam2:
Briefly hijab is my identity as a muslimah,the sign of my submission to my only Lord ,I'm a slave to Allah the Almighty not to the fashion makers nor to the hairdressers.

jarral

Henna
Salaam Alaykum

I find Hijab as a very good thing its not just a thing to be coveret but its many things, our religion says it to, there are many positive things about it and so on, like nothing really negitive. Because is it the submission to our Lord, our life is a test, this world is our test =). Wasalaam

Smee

Assalamu'alaikum
I believe hijaab is a concept which encapsulates not only dress code but also mannerisms and behaviour.