Imam attacked in London

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2: my dear brothers & sisters,

I've heard yesterday something about this & that's what I've found this morning on IslamOnLine.
....should we behave like the buffalos in the video posted by brother Mabsoot??....what should we do?

Man charged over attack on cleric

The imam was attacked at the mosque on Friday
A man has been charged after a Muslim cleric was attacked at a mosque in central London.
The 58-year-old cleric, who has not been named, was assaulted at Regent's Park mosque on Friday morning.

The Muslim Council of Britain said the imam underwent emergency surgery after suffering injuries to both eyes.

Ryan Donegan, 40, from Hammersmith, has been charged with GBH and assaulting a police officer. He has been remanded in custody until 24 August.

He will next appear at Southwark Magistrates' Court.

suumaya

Asalmu alaikum
Subhanallah, I hope the cleric is doing ok insha Allah.
What a mean person to attack 58 years old man, and do injureis to both of his eyes!!! that is how much some people hate MUslim???

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please is there a Muslim group that can be present in court to show support? Is there anyone who can visit the brother in the hospital. Is there a public petition to be sent to the media renoucning the individual yet asking for the entire community to support the iman so hate crimes can be stopped. Is anyone going to have a candlelight protest?
In a gentle and firm manner we need to organize a symmmbolic protest with candles and prayer.

Curtain

Salamwaleykoum
It is more and more alarming.It would be necessary to do a demonstration.
However, the community must stay calm.
Salam.

shous

Salaam,

The man also assaulted a police officer so I think its safe to say he was "unstable'. I dont think we should over react on this! Just send Dua' to the Imam.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

Sadly this isn't the first incident nor will it be the last. The media are partly responsible as they've helped foster anti-islamic sentiments in this country. Just makes me sad really......

wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The media will not show up for a silent candlelight demonstration. It serves them no interest. But, Muslims need to show up and show support to the iman.