A curious non-muslim..

Evrain

Hello,

I am a 20 year old British guy and recently I have been researching on Islam.

I will be honest here, I have held negative views of Islam due to media portrayal of muslims being terrorists, advocation of death to those who convert from Islam and those who are homosexuals. Also watching debates about Islam with Wafa Sultan and Ayaan Hirsi Ali (these two people you may of heard about) who critisise the said religion. In turn watching these videos convinced me even more that Islam is a "backward" religion.

However, upon finding some videos on Youtube about people who have converted to Islam, I now view Islam in a more positive way. Although saying that I do not approve of the executions of homosexuales and apostates.

Although I must say I feel sorry for muslims who are so vilified because of the media portrayal and atrocities committed by muslim extremists, and I see why this website and many others have been set up.

Anyway I think I will stick around for a while and just check out this forum as I am sure I can learn a lot about your religion and see the positive sides of Islam.

Peace :)

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Peace be upon you,

first of all, i am glad that you found this website and i believe that if you stick around a bit you will witness our love and respect for each other, our common goal and aim in life.

If you have any question regarding Islam or muslims, please just ask and i am sure evryone here will be happy to answer to the best of their ability inshallah (God willing).

Sister_X

Evrain welcome brother

God Willing you will learn a thing or two about Islam and muslims, you might even enjoy you're stay here. Evrain if you have any questions just ask, ignorance is not a bliss when concerning Islam don't feel shy or be afraid to offend us.

Peace

LIFE4ALLAH

Dear brother and friend

Welcome and peace to you and to every body on earth.

You are young and seem so smart that you came here to know the point of view of Muslims.I respect it and I wish whole people who are effected by media trial to this peacful religion.

I hope you stay with us and find out what is truth.

with Respect and best wishes.

Hi Evrain,

Welcome to the global family. Inshallah (god willing) you will find TTI resourceful and beneficial.

With regards to homosexuality - Muslims feel total abhorrence towards this shameful act, because their religion, Islam, emphatically forbids this deed and prescribes a severe punishment for it, in this world and the next.

There is no doubt that this act, which goes against the pure human nature created by Allah (Arabic word for simply meaning God, with no human attributions), by making men content with men and women with women, destroying families, adversely affecting the birth rate, causing the spread of killer diseases, harming the innocent when children are raped, and generally spreading corruption on earth, should be uprooted and stamped out.

Perhaps your research will lead you to find out much more about this religion with its great laws and accurate rules and the wisdom of the One Who revealed it.

I ask God to grant you help and success, for Allah is the One Who guides to the Straight Path.

Peace

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome son. You will be given answers to questions that have been locked up in your heart. This is no random chance that you are with us. We are a family here and we do bicker once in a while. You are entering the domain of love and peace. Enjoy and learn.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Peace b upon u brother..

Welcome to TTI family..
Try hard to get the answers for the questions that are in ur heart..InshaAllah HE will let u to be succeeded if u try to understand
about ISLAM truthfully..
I advice u to get a copy of Quran's translation and read it after taking a bath..Also feel free to ask any question about ISLAM to this great family..
Peace

nazir

Welcome Evrain,
I hope you find this forum useful in furthering your knowledge of Islam.
Take care
Peace