Video Muslims in Texas - Islam in America

A

abdelhak_karami

Hi everyone! Big Salam to all!

This is Katherine from the video.

Well after 3 years of this video being made, I have the courage to come out and correct the media's portrayal of me. They so misrepresented me. When I did this video I was was a muslim for about 5 months. They started filming in August 2003 and again another shoot in October 2003. I converted to islam in June 2003. I just started to desire to cover then in public in October. So when they filmed me in the first rounds, I was not covered. So please forgive me for that.

Also I would like to say, I said alot more important things they the way they portrayed me. I actually come from a middle class family...not upper class as they said. I did go to a nice college but only because my dad was smart enough to save money for his daughter. I had a special talent in art so there were not very many good christian schools in the USA I could go to. So I ended up going to TCU....and this is also where I learned about islam from my religion professor, Dr. Saddique (he was a muslim too).

Oh and those tennis lessons....I paid for that...just because I was trying to find a fun way to lose weight....I did not have tennis lessons all my life! My sisters was doing it also for exercise and she encouraged me to do the same. SINCE THEN, I have lost weight, about 30 pounds, humduallah! All that bowing and praying helps your weight too! I was really upset when they did the part with me about the finger nail polish. It made me looks so like stupid...I mean that is just a minor thing about wudu in Islam for women...but I wish they showed the other stuff I talked about in my journey...like where I learned about islam and the first mosque I went to.

Currently, what is going on with me is I am just now finishing my second degree in education. I hope inshallah I will be teaching next year. I am married now for 2.5 years. No Children yet...but I and my husband are up for them now...please make dua for us to allow allah to grant us good children! My husband and I are involved in plenty of dawa activities at our mosque and the public. Please don't hesitate to post a message to me if you have any questions about islam. I currently work directly with all the new muslims in dallas.

Sincerely,
Katherine
salamo alaykom i'm your brother in islam abdelhak karami from morocco i hav 20 years do you want to learn alot of islam this is my msn [/email]

rtazi

Islam is the only real way for true faith

Since Adam, Abraham, and so, Islam always existed!! Sounds weird but it's true! God sent many prophets but always human beings either killed them or denied their message or changed their message when they become popular, powerful in order to accomodate for their interests and manipulate and control the masses.
Coran is the word of God that didn't change and was not altered. Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) is the last of the prophets and with him lays the very word of god, the coran.
If you are not Muslim, put all your knowledge apart, inherited religious education (that you did not choose!) or your believes aside, then you open your mind, your IQ and your heart and then read the coran (in English, it exists) and analyze, think of it. Then and only then, I think you might discover the inner faith, that god sent Mohammed with the help of Gabriel to deliver again the message and to protect it for ever.
Then read about Mohammed (SAWS) teaching and you will see how righteous, peaceful, guided, merciful he was.

You know what's the stake of all this? When we die what will happen after? That's the question?? The key to this is submission to god through Mohammed (SAWS) teachings

al-muslimah

السلام عليكم
Islam welcomes YOU,Kathrine..im proud of you!!
May allah bless you!!
وعليكم السلام:hijabi:

thefighter

Even though it's too late, but CONGRATULATIONS for being a sister in Islam and I really love to hear about your activities in Dawa, I am interested in such a thing insha Allah, I should have some learning about Islam in addition to the books I read and lessons I watch on TV...

aisha931

:tti_sister: i really enjoyed this video! i also am from a small town in america, and i am the only american muslim here. its great to see others in similar situations to myself.

warda A

Sister
inspiration

thank you for those posts on new muslims , mashaalla
i always get inspired to be a better muslim from just reading there stories
we who are born muslims sometimes take our religion for granted, those who have been on the other side of the fence seem to look at it in a more practical way, i think we should try and remove iur cultures from taking islam backward and really concentrate on the sunna and the sharia
inshallah all muslims from different culture will see themselves as muslims first and their differences second, it is from those same differences that we can learn from each other
jazaka allahu kheir for those posts
i wish all muslim brothers and sisters ramadhan karim

Myra

Assalamualaikum,
I just found this website from youtube,i was looking at jermaine jackson converted into moslem,there i found this website. Subhanallah..the stories i found here, it just beyond my imagination about american. I never thought that you all would have such thing in common like we do. I am asian,i live in Indonesia,i was questioning in heart how to find moslems in america and how they live their life etc,then here I am.I just want to greet you all,i feel my questioned just answered by Allah...the stories just tear me. How Great Allah is. The truth just cannot be hidden. Hope you all are in istiqomah, I have one message that i alwys keep: to avoid fire in Hell, doenst have to have great contribution that people should see,remarkable award, but it only takes the purity of your heart that only Allah can judge. These stories i see,hoping that can strengthen our iman..im in a great gratitude because of what i've seen here...Thank you for welcoming me.

Wassalam,
Myra

thefighter

You and all converts are very welcome..
I want to ask you about something I am not sure about...
you talked about the Jermaine Jackson turning to Islam and I knew that Michael followed him in that...
Could u confirm pls????

ripaai

Allah is Great

Assmlkm :salam2: Dear Khaterine,

Alhamdullilah that Allah swt has shown you the way. I pray that Allah shall fulfilled your wish. Regret not if your wish is not happening, as there is always reason for everything that Allah gives or doesn't give. We human most of the time are limited by the capacity of our thought and knowledge to understand the reasons. Allah never failed in His promises.

Alhamdullilah, praise to Allah and He whom the praises all be, that you became Muslim through knowledge and the Noor (Light) that Allah swt has given you, compared to me and many of us who are borned Muslims. Many of us borned Muslims do not have or search for such knowledge. We learn Islam like a parrot and most of the time imitate what our parents and society do. Sadly some of us borned Muslims go even to the extent of fighting openly against Islam and some dare to declare Murtad. We seldom be thankful to Allah swt for making us Muslims and take everything for granted. Worst when we confined Islam as if belongs to only us the borned Muslims and many times we misrepresent and misinterpreted Islam. Some of us twist the words of Allah swt to fulfill our own worldly desire.

I am telling you this so that you would not be suprised if you were to meet some us especially if you visit Muslim society in Muslims dominated country like Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and even Middle East Countries.

We the borned Muslims have to learned a lot from people like you who found Islam through the knowledge and hidayah (guidance) of Allah swt. We are the one who should be reverting or converting whereas you have found the light and it is so bright that you can see very clearly. We are still in the dark for some of us, and always get loss along the way.

You definitely could play a bigger roles to help your borned Muslims brothers and sisters, who especially has lost their way.

Wassallam

warda A

Sister
born muslims

Assmlkm :salam2: Dear Khaterine,

Alhamdullilah that Allah swt has shown you the way. I pray that Allah shall fulfilled your wish. Regret not if your wish is not happening, as there is always reason for everything that Allah gives or doesn't give. We human most of the time are limited by the capacity of our thought and knowledge to understand the reasons. Allah never failed in His promises.

Alhamdullilah, praise to Allah and He whom the praises all be, that you became Muslim through knowledge and the Noor (Light) that Allah swt has given you, compared to me and many of us who are borned Muslims. Many of us borned Muslims do not have or search for such knowledge. We learn Islam like a parrot and most of the time imitate what our parents and society do. Sadly some of us borned Muslims go even to the extent of fighting openly against Islam and some dare to declare Murtad. We seldom be thankful to Allah swt for making us Muslims and take everything for granted. Worst when we confined Islam as if belongs to only us the borned Muslims and many times we misrepresent and misinterpreted Islam. Some of us twist the words of Allah swt to fulfill our own worldly desire.

I am telling you this so that you would not be suprised if you were to meet some us especially if you visit Muslim society in Muslims dominated country like Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and even Middle East Countries.

We the borned Muslims have to learned a lot from people like you who found Islam through the knowledge and hidayah (guidance) of Allah swt. We are the one who should be reverting or converting whereas you have found the light and it is so bright that you can see very clearly. We are still in the dark for some of us, and always get loss along the way.

You definitely could play a bigger roles to help your borned Muslims brothers and sisters, who especially has lost their way.

Wassallam

:salam2:
well said, i hope we who were born into the religion of islam to realise what we are doing by not doing enough in terms of daawa, we should be good example but alas! some of us should be ashamed to call ourselves muslims
i hpe inshaallah we will be guided to the light.

HitMeOff

Salam everyone,
I just want to say that iam glad to see ppl which converted to Islam like Eric and Katherine.
He knows the Quran better then me :shymuslima1: and i borned as Muslim. Masallah
I was blind few years , party, girls, drugs but i changed my hole life and will be insallah a good muslim.
Keep going brother.
Masalam
Greetz from Germany

Letrese

wow another great video. Yes it woul dbe nice if America became a Muslim country. Yes I believe Americans need to be educated on Islam. So they can have a better under standing. I have been studying Islam since Oct. of 07. And I must say that Islam is the way of life. It makes so much since to me.

Thanks,
Letrese

thefighter

it's very great Ms. Letrease to study Islam and reach the great result that Islam is the way of Life, actually we should be in inclination to the Hereafter more than life, but without forgetting or neglecting life.

May Allah guide Americans, Brits, Frech, Russian, Latin, Asian and African poeples to Huda and following the Sunna of the Prophet (pease be upon him).

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Salam Katherine:)

I'm glad for you and for the things you have achieved in life. May Allah let you continue doing ur wonderful work. God Bless.

- Manal....

junioraries

We need someone to give a talk about Islam at vanderbilt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

assalamualaikum sister Katherine,

I am a muslim but im not an american. I study in america for about 4 years in mechanical engineering, at Vanderbilt University, nashville, tennessee.

We are here, in vanderbilt, always have some conflicts with the speechers or panels that were invited from outside to talk about the islam, but not the good side of islam. This cause people here not to really understand what islam is.

Currently, an atheist, named Ayan Hirsi Ali, has given a talk about Islam and The West. She told the people that Islam leads to facism and violence, no protection against women and not supporting democracy. We, the muslims community here, are were not comfortable with what she said about us and about Islam.

All we need is someone that can give a talk here to help people, especially in Nashville, to better understand Islam, the way it is.

We before, the muslim organization, invited the famous british journalist that has been converted to Islam few years ago named Yvonne Ridley to give a talk. Lots of people attend the talk, mostly are Christian Americans. It is a good thing to promote islam, and we, even deliver a free copy of Quran to all that attend.

We hope that muslims out there would ready for da'wa and can give a good talk to the americans about Islam.

If you interesteed in giving a speech here at Vanderbilt, just contact me at:

6154238038 or my email at azrynnjr_aries at yahoo dot com.
wassalam

dunno

sister katherine what you have done before being a muslim dosent matter if you see what the prophet ( peace be upon him ) companions and what they did before islam they fought the prophet in wars tryed to kill him insulted islam
but after they became muslims they did so much good and kept this faith and narrowed our prophet hadith God bless them all
great videos

thefighter

Yes, what dunno said is right and every Muslims knows and this is a grace from Allah SWT who forgives everything before Islam.

Omar Ibnul-Khattab, who was the 2nd Caliph after the Prophet SAWS and the Prophet Muhammad SWAS said that if there was a Propeht after him, he would be Omar.

Can you believe what this great man did before Islam??
He buried his own daughter alive, which was a tradition of Jahiliaya (Arab before Islam).

Nevertheless, Allah made him a great man is Islam.

abu ummu salama

About children

Assalam alaikum, sister,

I just registered with turn to islam.com and saw your message. I am married for almost three years now and will pray to Allah (SWT) to bless you with good, religious & healthy children, amin. All the best.

Muhammad Auwal Usman
Nigeria.