At-Tashahhud help

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

My question for y'all is when you recite it do you say this phrase...
التَّحِيَّاتُ للهِ، وَالصَّلَوَاتُ، وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ، السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكَ أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ، السَّلَامُ عَلَيْنَا وَعَلَى
عِبَادِ اللهِ الصَّالِحِينَ. أّشَْدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Attahiyyaatu lillaahi wassalawaatu , wattayyibaatu , assalaamu 'alayka 'ayyuhan-Nabiyyu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu, assalaamu 'alaynaa wa 'alaa 'ibaadillaahis-saaliheen. 'Ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wa 'ash-hadu 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluhu.

Or this one with an added word or two.

Attahiyyaatu lillaahi wassalawaatu , wattayyibaatu , assalaamu 'alayka 'ayyuhan-Nabiyyu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu, assalaamu 'alaynaa wa 'alaa 'ibaadillaahis-saaliheen. 'Ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu la sharika lahu wa 'ash-hadu 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluhu

There is also this part I am confused about
Al-Lahumma Şalli `Alaá Muĥammadin Wa `Alaá 'Āli Muĥammadin Kamā Şallayta `Alaá 'Ibrāhīma Wa `Alaá 'Āli 'Ibrāhīma Fī Al-`Ālamīna 'Innaka Ĥamīdun Majīdun Wa Bārik `Alaá Muĥammadin Wa `Alaá 'Āli Muĥammadin Kamā Bārakta `Alaá 'Ibrāhīma Wa `Alaá 'Āli 'Ibrāhīma Fī Al-`Ālamīna 'Innaka Ĥamīdun Majīdun .

The version I say is different from the one above.
I usually say this version
Allahumma sallee 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala aalee Muhammadin. Kama sallayta 'ala Ibrahima wa 'ala aalee Ibrahima. Innaka hameedun Majeed. Allahumma barik 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala aalee Muhammadin. Kama barakta 'ala Ibrahima wa 'ala aalee Ibrahima fil'alameen. Innaka hameedun majeed.

I was just curious which one is correct or the preferred. I would hate to be reciting something that does not belong. I also apologize for the long post.
Thank brothers and sister who reply.

Wassalaam
Sarah

3assal

Salam Alaykum Sister Sarah,

The Tashahhud or Testification of faith should be recited the following way:

“Al-tahiyyaatu Lillaahi wa’l-salaawaatu wa’l-tayyibaat.
Al-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’l-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu.
Al-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘ala ‘ibaad-Illaah il-saaliheen.
Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu

(All compliments, prayers and pure words are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy and blessings of Allaah. Peace be upon us and upon the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the slave and Messenger of Allaah).” [Other versions are mentioned in Sifat Salaat al-Nabi/The Prophet’s Prayer Described, but what is mentioned here is the most sound].

The second part you were confused about should be said as shown below;

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed.

(O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory.)

Allaahumma baarik ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innak hameedun majeed

(O Allaah, send blessings upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem); You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).”

InshAllah this helps you! :) There is a section on Prayer which I think will be of help if you have any doubts or concerns in regards to prayers.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46

The following link is a post by Islamicfajr, Description of the Prophet’s prayer

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9229

:wasalam:

Sister Soraia :)

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Sister Soraia. JazakAllah Khair. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out :) Do you think there is any harm from what I have said in my past prayers? I know people say there is no sin on those who do not know, but do you think I will have to make up prayers?

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2: Sister,

How are y`all doin in Louisiana? I always loved the southern accent.

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged us to learn the rulings on prayer and how he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed, so that we would follow his example in that. He said:

“Pray as you have seen me praying.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (631).

Based on this, we must pay attention to learning this.

The wordings for the tashahhud and the blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that have been narrated in reports are many and various. It is best for the Muslim to recite all of them, saying it in one form on one occasion and in another form on another occasion, and so on, so that he will have done all the sunnahs. He should not limit himself only to some of them. But if that is too hard for him, then he should stick to what he is able to do, and there is no sin on him in sha Allaah.

There follow some of the versions of the tashahhud and blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that have been narrated in proven reports from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the prayer.

Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) recited the tashahhud as follows:

At-tahiyyaatu Lillaahi wa’s-salawaatu wa’t-tayyibaat, as-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’n-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. As-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘alaa ‘ibaad-Illaah is-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu

(All compliments, prayers and pure words are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings. Peace be upon us, and on the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6265) and Muslim (402).

Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) recited the tashahhud as follows:

At-tahiyyaatu Lillaahi wa’s-salawaatu wa’t-tayyibaat, as-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’n-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. As-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘alaa ‘ibaad-Illaah is-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu

(All compliments, prayers and pure words are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings. Peace be upon us, and on the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah alone with no partner or associate, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

Narrated by Abu Dawood (971) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

The tashahhud of ‘Umar was recited by him on the minbar in order to teach the people:

“At-tahiyyaatu Lillaahi, az-zaakiyaatu Lillaahi, al-tayyibaatu Lillaahi, al-salawaatu Lillaahi. As-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’n-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. As-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘alaa ‘ibaad-Illaah is-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu

(All compliments are due to Allaah, all pure things are due to Allaah, all pure words are due to Allaah, all prayers are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings. Peace be upon us, and on the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

Narrated by Maalik (204) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

As for the wording of the blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), it is as follows:

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allaahumma baarik ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed

(O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory. O Allaah, send blessings upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3370).

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, wa baarik ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala aali Ibraaheem fi’l-aalameen, innaka hameedun majeed

(O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, and send blessings upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers and blessings upon Ibraaheem and the family of Ibraaheem among the nations; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).”

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

:salam2: Brother

Alhamdullallah no complaints from Louisianians except for the heat. Lol luckily my accent is not overkill like some movies try to imitate :)

JazakAllah Khair for posting information. I just become overwhelmed at times because I think I have learned how to do prayer and Alhamdullallah I am happy, but then I find something else to add lol. InshaAllah one day I will have everything down.

:wasalam:
Sarah