List of things that break wudoo’

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
bismallah.gif

...................................................................​

The things that break wudoo’ are:

1 – Any discharge from the front or back passage (urine, stools, wind, etc.), except for wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudoo’.

2 – Emission of urine or stools from anywhere other than the urethra or anus.

3 – Losing one’s mind, which may mean losing it altogether by losing one’s mental faculties, which is insanity, or by losing it temporarily for a certain length of time for some reason such as sleep, unconsciousness, intoxication, etc.

4 – Touching one’s penis, because of the hadeeth of Basrah bint Safwaan, who heard the Messenger of Allaah :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever touches his penis, let him do wudoo’.” (narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 154. al-Albaani said in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, no. 166, it is saheeh).

5 – Eating camel meat, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn Samurah, who said that a man asked the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Should we do wudoo’ after eating camel meat?” He said, “Yes.”
(Narrated by Muslim, al-Hayd, 539).

It should be noted that touching a woman’s body does not break one’s wudoo’, whether that is done with feelings of desire or otherwise, unless anything is emitted as a result of that touching.

See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, vol. 1, p. 219-250

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, vol. 5, p. 264.

presa1200

bismallah.gif

1 – Any discharge from the front or back passage (urine, stools, wind, etc.), except for wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudoo’.

3 – Losing one’s mind, which may mean losing it altogether by losing one’s mental faculties, which is insanity, or by losing it temporarily for a certain length of time for some reason such as sleep, unconsciousness, intoxication, etc.

4 – Touching one’s penis, because of the hadeeth of Basrah bint Safwaan, who heard the Messenger of Allaah :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever touches his penis, let him do wudoo’.” (narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 154. al-Albaani said in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, no. 166, it is saheeh).

5 – Eating camel meat, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn Samurah, who said that a man asked the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Should we do wudoo’ after eating camel meat?” He said, “Yes.”

It should be noted that touching a woman’s body does not break one’s wudoo’, whether that is done with feelings of desire or otherwise, unless anything is emitted as a result of that touching.

Assalamualaikum,

how bout touching woman that is maharam? I'm from Imam Syafie Mazhab and if we touched unpurposely with those maharam the wuduk will cancelled.

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
The end of reason 1 and and all of reason 2 have broken my mind. 4 - What about through clothes (as in when you adjust them for comfort)?

presa1200

The end of reason 1 and and all of reason 2 have broken my mind. 4 - What about through clothes (as in when you adjust them for comfort)?

Assalamualaikum brother,

i think it won't be much problem for the reason 1 and 2. Because we take wudoo'/wuduk just to purify ourself before the salah/sholat.

If we feel want to discharge the urine/move the bowel, we can go toilet first before taking wudoo'. after finishing our business, make sure we squeeze the penis untill all the urine remains fully discharge, and of course wash thoroughly with water. any remains that drain out from penis during performing salah will break the wudoo' again. A better way to ensure clean drainage of urine is by squating rather than standing. It is not a joke that men also squat when peeing because it can prevent us from getting prostate enlargement.

for reason 4, yes we can adjusting with cloth. Make sure our palm of hand do not touch the penis.

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Wa alaykum as salaam

It's the thought of: "Emission of urine or stools from anywhere other than the urethra or anus." that has caused my mind to break :eek:

Not to mention the wind passing :eek:

presa1200

Wa alaykum as salaam

It's the thought of: "Emission of urine or stools from anywhere other than the urethra or anus." that has caused my mind to break :eek:

Not to mention the wind passing :eek:

ooopsss....i din't even notice until you tell me that....

hahahahahah.......we have special organ other than that? :SMILY27:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2: Brothers,

Some people have certain conditions where they are not able to pass stool or urine through the common passages, so the doctor performs an alternative exit out the abdomen-tummy (colostomy). There is also what we call fistulas (small tubes that open into the skin) that can form in certain situations where the stool and urine pass through the lower tummy or near the genital area or anus.

So yes, stool and urine can leave the body through routes other than the anus and urethra, respectively.

May Allah protect us from these conditions. Those people live a miserable life.

presa1200

:salam2: Brothers,

Some people have certain conditions where they are not able to pass stool or urine through the common passages, so the doctor performs an alternative exit out the abdomen-tummy (colostomy). There is also what we call fistulas (small tubes that open into the skin) that can form in certain situations where the stool and urine pass through the lower tummy or near the genital area or anus.

So yes, stool and urine can leave the body through routes other than the anus and urethra, respectively.

May Allah protect us from these conditions. Those people live a miserable life.

hi thanks very much for the info. Yes it does make sense and it really happen.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
bismallah.gif

:salam2:

Jazzak-Allah khair brother:hijabi:

:wasalam:

crazyafggirl786

touching?

salam. as far as i knnow masturbation is HARAM. so why did u say that a man shud make wudu after touching his penis. and a woman doesnt need to make wudu unless fluids are emitted whether she touched herself with desire or not. its haram.

Globalpeace

Banned
Eating Camel Meat DOES NOT break Wudhu!

– Eating camel meat, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn Samurah, who said that a man asked the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Should we do wudoo’ after eating camel meat?” He said, “Yes.”

Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

It is the STRONGEST opinion amongst Ulama that eating Camel meat doesn't break Wudhu!

1) Kindly quote the Sharh of Sahih Muslim(commentary by Imam Nawawi (RA) and the FULL explaination of the Hadeeth

2) Kindly also quote the position of Kabair of Muslim Fuqaha on the issue.

My eyes are still hurting so I can't search fully yet.

3) Please see quote from Fiqhus-Sunnah & the details of this issue as it is fully discussed

Fiqus-Sunnah states:

Volume 1, Page 38b: Eating camel meat
That this does not nullify the ablution was the opinion of the four rightly guided caliphs, the companions and the following generation, although there is an authentic hadith that states one should make ablution after it.

Said Jabir ibn Sumrah, "A man asked the Prophet, 'Should we make ablution after eating mutton?' He said, 'If you wish, make ablution. If you do not, do not make ablution.' The man asked 'Should we make ablution after eating camel meat?' He said, 'Yes."' Al-Barra' ibn 'Aazib related that someone asked the Prophet about praying in the dens of camels, and he said, "Do not pray therein, for they are of the devils." He asked about the dens of sheep, and he said, "Pray therein, for they are blessings. (Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Ibn Hibban. ) Ibn Khuzaimah said, "I know of no dispute over the authenticity of this report." In summation, an-Nawawi can be quoted as saying, "This opinion has the strongest proof, although the majority of the scholars differ from it."

Fatwa on the Issue:
http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa/english/Browse.asp?hGuestID=nK7Yx1

Q) As-Salamu `alaykum, I have a question: is it true that you have to do wudu’ all over again if you have eaten camel's meat? Many thanks for the good job you are doing!

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Thanks for your interesting question.

In his well-known book Fiqhus-Sunnah, the late Azharite scholar Sheikh Sayed Sabiq states that eating camel’s meat does not nullify ablution according to the opinion of the Four-Rightly Guided Caliphs, the companions and the following generations after them, although there is an authentic hadith that states one should make ablution after it.

Said Jabir ibn Sumrah, "A man asked the Prophet, 'Should we make ablution after eating mutton?' He said, 'If you wish, make ablution. If you do not, do not make ablution.' The man asked 'Should we make ablution after eating camel meat?' He said, 'Yes."' Al-Bara' ibn 'Aazib related that someone asked the Prophet about praying in the dens of camels, and he said, "Do not pray therein, for they are of the devils." He asked about the dens of sheep, and he said, "Pray therein, for they are blessings.” (Reported by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Ibn Hibban ) Ibn Khuzaimah said, "I know of no dispute over the authenticity of this report." In summation, an-Nawawi can be quoted as saying, "This opinion has the strongest proof, although the majority of the scholars differ from it."

Thus, eating camel meat doesn’t nullify one’s ablution according to the majority of Muslim scholars. The scholars who are in support that eating camel’s meat doesn't nullify ablution state that the evidence cited by the opponents to their view is only an individual case that can't be generalized.

You can also read:

Acts that Nullify Ablution

Allah Almighty knows best.

Globalpeace

Banned
Touching Penis or Private Parts?

4 – Touching one’s penis, because of the hadeeth of Basrah bint Safwaan, who heard [COLOR="Green"]the Messenger of Allaah :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever touches his penis, let him do wudoo’.”[/COLOR][COLOR="darkred"] (narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 154. al-Albaani said in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, no. 166, it is saheeh). [/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

Asslamo Allaikum Respected Brother,

Here you have NOT quoted the other Sahih Hadith which talks about the Wudhu NOT breaking...

Again the discussion from Fiqhus-Sunnah as follows:

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]Volume 1, Page 36a: Touching the sexual organ without any "barrier" between the hand and the organ
Busrah bint Safwan narrated that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said, "Whoever touches his sexual organ cannot pray until he performs ablution."

This hadith is related by "the five." At-Tirmizhi classified it as sahih and al-Bukhari called it the most authentic report on that topic. Malik, ash-Shaifi, Ahmad and others also narrated it. Abu Dawud said, "I asked Ahmad, 'Is the hadith of Busrah authentic?' He said, 'Certainly it is authentic." In the narration of Ahmad and an-Nasa'i, Busrah heard the Prophet saying, "Ablution is to be made by the one who touches his sexual organ." This is general and encompasses touching one's own sexual organs or touching somebody else's. Abu Hurairah reported the Prophet as saying, "Whoever touches his sexual organ without any covering (between them) must perform ablution." (Related by Ahmad, Ibn Hibban and al-Hakim, who classified it as sahih, as did Ibn 'Abdul-Barr.)

Said Ibn as-Sakin, "That hadith is from the best of what has been related on this topic." Ash-Shaf'i related: "Any man who touches his penis must perform ablution. Any women who touches her vagina must perform ablution." Commenting on its authenticity, Ibn alQayyim quotes al-Hazimi who says, "That chain is sahih." [B][U]The Hanifiyyah are of the opinion, based on the following hadith, that touching the sexual organ does not nullify the ablution: "A man asked the Prophet if a man who touches his penis has to perform ablution. Said the Prophet, upon whom be peace, "No, it is just a part of you." (Related by "the five." Ibn Hibban classified it as sahih, and Ibn al-Madini said, "It is better than the hadith of Busrah.'') [/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]​

dianne

Assalamualaikum,

how bout touching woman that is maharam? I'm from Imam Syafie Mazhab and if we touched unpurposely with those maharam the wuduk will cancelled.

Salam,
No thats not true.according to Imam Shafiee - touching (skin to skin)mahram unpurposely wuduk is not cancelled (batal)-without any syahwat.
Touching non mahram is batal.

Refer attached-Ruangan Soal Jawab Kemusykilan Agama JAKIM

Soalan :

saya pernah terbaca satu hadis Nabi SAW di mana antara isinya menyatakan Nabi SAW menciumkan isterinya sebelum ke masjid utk solat dan tak dinyatakan mengambil wuduk setelah mencium isterinya.

1)Boleh jelaskan adakah kita boleh mencium isteri kita sebelum pergi masjid tanpa mengambil wuduk, ataupun ciuman yang beralaskan kain. tolong jelaskan?

2) satu lagi hadis yang antara isinya menyatakan sewaktu nabi solat sunat di rumahnya semasa solat nabi tersentuh dengan siti aisyah tapi nabi tak pun memperbaharui wuduknya.
Jawapan :

Untuk makluman saudara, hadis tersebut adalah sebagai hujjah pendapat mazhab Hanafi dan Hambali di mana lelaki dan perempuan yang bersentuhan kulit tanpa syahwat, tidak membatalkan wudhu'. Manakala pendapat mazhab Imam Syafi'i menyatakan bahawa bersentuhan kulit di antara lelaki dan perempuan walaupun tanpa syahwat, membatalkan wudhu' melainkan sesama mahram.

Idil Ciise

kinda confused here... why does camel meat break the wudu? (I've never eaten camel meat) are other meats included or just camel meat? :|

pcozzy

:salam2:

I am adding to this important information that all should know. This has to do with impurity, and what needs to be done afterward.

Impurity:

• Blood => is pure
  • Urine => impure
  • al-wadee(الودي) Liquid erection (thick); not sticky => impure -just like when you urinate. rinse part with water and make wudu
  • al-madhee(المذي) pre-ejaculation (no color; thin) => unpure -only wash with water or wipe with water.
  • al-manee(المني) white leaning towards yellow => - Have to take shower.

The cloths can scrap off non-urine when dry. If it is urine u may sprinkle some water over area but preferably change.

:wasalam:

aansoo

1.) Any discharge from the front or back passage (urine, stools, wind, etc.), except for wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudoo’.

Since my son's birth i'm facing this problem and posted on many forums, that after every rakat in namaz i do feel of wind emitted from a front passage and many times i had to do the wudoo.

but today i really got some relief by knowing this that wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudoo’.

Please put some light if any one else want to explain more

I would like to add one point here that vomiting also breaks the wudoo

Jazakallah