Your Action Needed: Muslim Jesus on TV

IbnAlAawam

:salam2:

Dear brothers and sisters,
A
A british TV station aired a documentary about the Muslim view of Jesus (as) on Islam despite the opposition from islamophobic people. The airing of the muslim view of Jesus (as) is a first.
It is our duty to encourage that kind of openness towards Islam. To do so, please, please contact ITV and thank them:

Thank ITV here

Jazakumuhu'llahu khayran,

Muslim View of Jesus on British TV

"Jesus was such a prominent figure in Islam but most people don't know that," said Bragg
CAIRO — British public service network ITV will air on Sunday, August 19, a documentary about how Muslims view Jesus and the story of his crucifixion from an Islamic perspective.

"Jesus was such a prominent figure in Islam but most people don't know that," Melvyn Bragg, who commissioned and narrated the one-hour documentary, told the Guardian on Saturday, August 18.

"I was fascinated by the idea ...," added Lord Bragg, who was raised up as Anglican.

The documentary will feature interviews with scholars and historians about Muslims' view of Jesus.

Muslims believe in Jesus as one of the great Prophets of God and that he is the son of Mary but not the Son of God. He was conceived and born miraculously.

In the Noble Qur’an, Jesus is called "Isa". He is also known as Al-Masih (the Christ) and Ibn Maryam (Son of Mary).

As for his crucifixion, Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified but was lifted up to heaven.

Muslims believe that Jesus will come back to earth before the end of time to restore peace and order, fight the Anti-Christ (Al-Masih Al-Dajjal) and bring victory for truth and righteousness.

The true followers of Jesus will prevail over those who deny him, misrepresent him and reject him.

Spiritual Side

Director and producer Irshad Ashraf said the documentary is an attempt to highlight the spiritual side of Islam.

"Jesus is loved and respected by Muslims and he's one of the most important prophets in our religion," he said.

Ashraf has tried to bring in representatives of the mainstream Anglican and Catholic groups to take part in the footage.

But nobody was available, he said.

Philip Lewis, the Bishop of Bradford's aide on inter-faith issues, urged both Muslims and Christians to take advantage of a "worthwhile contribution to understanding a complex issue".

But the documentary has drawn fire from some British Anglican leaders.

Patrick Sookhdeo, an Anglican canon and spokesman for the Barnabas Fund, said the Muslim denial of Jesus's divinity was "unacceptable".

"On the last day the Qur’an says Jesus will destroy all the crosses. How can we praise that," he said.

The Anglican leader accused the documentary broadcasters of double standards.

"How would the Muslim community respond if ITV made a program challenging Muhammad as the last prophet?" he asked.

According to the Noble Qur'an, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the "Last Prophet".

This means that prophethood has come to an end by the last and final Prophet and there will be no other Prophet to come after him.

Muslim scholars of the Bible believe that Prophet Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible as "the Comforter".

saima11

i have heard about this but not watched it would like to watch it does any one know how i could watch it on the net also how did other people find it?

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

I watched this programme yesterday, it was pretty good mashallah. I'm pretty sure a lot of non-muslims will be suprised.

wasalam

Rahima Ali

I HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW YESTERDAY NIGHT....IT WAS SOOO GOOD WALLAH.....IT WAS SUCH AN INTERESTING DOCUMENTARY........A PERSON IS NOT A MUSLIM WITHOUT BELIEVING IN ISA ALEYHI SALLAM......

maryam2k7

maryam
Sallam

Dear brothers and sisters,
A
A british TV station aired a documentary about the Muslim view of Jesus (as) on Islam despite the opposition from islamophobic people. The airing of the muslim view of Jesus (as) is a first.
It is our duty to encourage that kind of openness towards Islam. To do so, please, please contact ITV and thank them:

Thank ITV here

Jazakumuhu'llahu khayran,

salaam

o ye i watched it it wz quiet interesting

q8penpals

Salam

I have heard the thought about Prophet Mohammad being the one referred to in the Bible as "the comforter" - can someone please tell me where in the Bible this is?

Thanks

Lana

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

Salam

I have heard the thought about Prophet Mohammad being the one referred to in the Bible as "the comforter" - can someone please tell me where in the Bible this is?

Thanks

Lana

From the writings of S. Abdullah Tariq

Jesus surely was a saviour when he was on earth. The Quran relates: “When Isa (Jesus) peace be upon him, came with clear signs, he stated: I have brought you wisdom, and to clarify some of those things about which you have disputes: so fear Allah and obey me. Surely it is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. This is the Right Way.”(43:63,64). It is not different from what Jesus reported to have said in the Bible. He said: “…Fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Mat. 10: 28),

“…Get thee hence Satan for it is written, Thou shall worship the Lord thy God and Him only shall thy serve”. (Mat. 4:10) “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love even as I have kept my father’s commandments and abide in His love”. (Jn. 15:10).

As you have rationally thought over and studied religion you must be aware that Father-son relationship of Jesus with God was not a physical relationship. It was an allegory as he made clear on numerous occasions. When he was being ascended unto God, he declared: “…go to my brethren and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father and to my God and to your God”. (Jn. 20:17).

So, Jesus was a Saviour. There is no dispute in this. There also is no dispute amongst a large majority of both Muslims and the Christians about his being a saviour on his second coming. He will be a savior and will lead people to the right path and salvation. Whoever will not follow him will go astray.

We may also say that he is a savior. Though he is not among us to lead us, his teachings are with us and we shall succeed by following them. Now what are his teachings for the present time?

Remember what he said before his ascension. He declared: “If you love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter (Saviour), that he may abide with you forever”. (Jn. 14:15,16). That is, Jesus declared that another Savior who will come to the world, his teachings will remain relevant and applicable till the Last Day. He said: These things have I spoken unto you being yet present with you. But the Comforter who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name (i.e. to fulfill the same mission), he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your rememberance, whatsoever I have said unto you”. (Jn 14:25,26). “And now I have told you before it has come to pass that when it is come to pass, ye might believe. Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the Prince of this world cometh and hath nothing in me”.(Jn 14:29,30). “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me. And ye also shall bear witness because ye have been with me from the beginning”. (Jn. 15:26,27)

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you: but if I depart, I will send him unto you”. (Jn. 16:7). These announcements of Jesus clearly imply that another comforter or Saviour was to come after his departure. His arrival was important, so Jesus had to depart. The new Saviour was to be the Prince of the World and the Spirit of Truth, proceeding from God to fulfill the same mission of which Jesus was a part. He was to testify of and verify that Jesus and his teachings will remain valid till the end of the world and thus he will be the last of the great Saviours who proceeded from God in the sense that no new Saviour will come after him. The followers of Jesus were required to believe in him.

The next and the Last Saviour came, testified of Jesus, asked his followers to believe in Jesus and gave guiding instructions to be followed till the end of the world. Jesus will come in his second coming and implement the teachings of the Last Saviour as they will be the teachings from the same God who sent Jesus and him. He will be the Prince of the world (Rahmatul-Lil-Aalameen i.e. Mercy unto all the worlds) and The Spirit of Truth (As-Saadiq, The Truthful). His name was Muhammad (Pbuh). Bear in mind that no other man in history claimed to be the same Saviour whom Jesus had foretold about and both, ‘The Message’ he brought from God and his own life stand witness to his being from God. So Jesus is a present Saviour also in the sense that the salvation is in obeying his order to obey the next and the Last Saviour.

The present day Christianity may require you to believe in Jesus only but Quran asks all its followers to believe in both Jesus and Muhammad and all the earlier prophets, being the Saviours of mankind. It proclaimed: “Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and (all) His messengers, and seek to make distinction between Allah and His messengers, and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and seek to choose a way in between; Such are disbelievers in truth; and for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom”. (4:150,151)

Indeed there is difference between Islam and the present Christianity in the nature of belief on Jesus. The present Christianity says that Jesus was a Son of God and His equal while Islam teaches that God has no (actual or physical) son. He is One without equal or parallel. One must bow to Him only and Muhammad and Jesus like all His earlier messengers (peace be upon them all) were His bondsmen and apostles to carry His message to the humanity. A messenger does not come on his own. He is sent by God. That who sends is greater than those who are sent. A messenger does not teach by his own will. He teaches what God has willed him to teach. He does not have power to show miracles. He shows miracles by the Will and help of God. He asks people to obey him, but not worship him. He himself obeys the commandments of God and prays to Him. Jesus declared and did exactly the same. “…The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord”. (Mk. 12:29). “Thou shall worship the Lord thy God and Him only shall thy serve”. (Mat. 4:10).

“And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? None is good save one, that is, God”. (Lk. 18:19). In his own context Jesus declared, “But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house”. (Mk. 6:4). Praying to God, Jesus said, “And this is life eternal that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou has sent”. (Jn. 17:3). “For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that Thou didst send me”. (Jn. 17:8). “Verily verily I say unto you, the servant (the slave in R.S.V. footnote) is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him”. (Jn 13:16). Jesus loudly prayed God while bringing Lazarus to life so that people could listen and have correct belief that Jesus had no power of his own to bring dead to life. “Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank Thee that Thou hast heard me. And I knew that Thou hearest me always; but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that Thou hast sent me”.

It must be clear to you by now that the Quran verifies Jesus. They are in conformity. Islam asks its followers to believe in all the prophets including Jesus and Muhammad (Pbuh). Whoever, be he called a Christian or a Muslim, does not believe in any one of Allah’s prophets is a disbeliever in Allah’s word preached by the prophets. Such a person should not expect Allah’s Mercy.

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

i don't know if this is allowed or not..but if you go to youtube.com and type in "Muslim Jesus" (exactly this way) in the search window..it should be the first result in the search..

mashallah..someone had already posted it in parts..i am going to watch it and come back with a comment inshallah

:wasalam: