whats a sutrah??

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryam2k7

maryam
salaamz

does anybody have any idea what a sutrah is? coz im readin ths book bout prayer n it says tht bukhari related tht it is permissible to pray next to a sutrah

but i dnt no wat it is

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

You are probably reading Sheikh Albani sifat solat nabi . Sutrah is the thing you have in front of you when you pray so that people can walk in front of you .

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When any one of you prays, let him place a sutrah for his prayer, even if it is an arrow.” Narrated by Ahmad, 14916; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2783

There is a difference opinion on this by Imam ibn hajar asqalani and Sheikh Uthaymeen differing with Sheikh Albani

Sheikh Albani opinion:

The sutrah should be approximately a handspan or two above the ground, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When one of you places in front of him something such as the stick on the end of a saddle, he should pray and not worry about anyone who passes in front of that.” This hadeeth indicates that a line on the ground is not sufficient, and the hadeeth narrated concerning that is da’eef (weak).

Imam ibn Hajar Asqalani opinion:
The Hadith about line is NOT da'eef (weak) according to Imam Ibnul-Haj'ar Al-Asqalani (RA).

Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 13/326.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

My advice for you sister:

Keep your mind open to other fiqh and dont taksoob or blindly follow ( taqlid) what is in the Sheikh Albani book .

I watch the video of someone teaching people how to pray the prophet way with reference from Sheikh Albani's book . I thought i love it. It is in malay language.
May god grant Sheikh Albani the highest place in heaven

maryam2k7

maryam

You are probably reading Sheikh Albani sifat solat nabi . Sutrah is the thing you have in front of you when you pray so that people can walk in front of you .

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When any one of you prays, let him place a sutrah for his prayer, even if it is an arrow.” Narrated by Ahmad, 14916; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2783

There is a difference opinion on this Imam ibn hajar asqalani, Sheikh Uthaymeen and Sheikh Almunajid differ with Sheikh Albani

Sheikh Albani opinion:

The sutrah should be approximately a handspan or two above the ground, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When one of you places in front of him something such as the stick on the end of a saddle, he should pray and not worry about anyone who passes in front of that.” This hadeeth indicates that a line on the ground is not sufficient, and the hadeeth narrated concerning that is da’eef (weak).

Imam ibn Hajar Asqalani opinion:
The Hadith about line is NOT da'eef (weak) according to Imam Ibnul-Haj'ar Al-Asqalani (RA).

Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 13/326.
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=21662&ln=eng&txt=sutra

jazakallah khayr

the buk im readin is clled the prophets prayer by shaikh muhammad naasir-ud-deen al-albaani

Status
Not open for further replies.