Lucky dog inherits $12m fortune

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

New York hotelier and real estate billionaire Leona Helmsley has left $12m (£5.97m) to her pet dog, Trouble.

The pampered pooch received the largest bequest from Mrs Helmsley's will.

The will also says that when Trouble dies, she is to be buried alongside Mrs Helmsley, who died last week, and her late husband in their mausoleum.

But some human members of Mrs Helmsley's family fared less well, with two of her four grandchildren cut out of the will entirely.

Mrs Helmsley, who died last week, was dubbed the "Queen of Mean" by the US media, and was known for her tough approach to business.

She and her late husband, Harry, built a company which managed some of New York's most prestigious addresses, including the Empire State Building, as well as hotels across the country.

The money for Trouble's upkeep was left in the hands of her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, who himself inherited $10m.

Two grandchildren, David and Walter Panzirer, were left $5m each on condition that they visit their father's grave at least once a year.

Their father, Mrs Helmsley's son Jay Panzirer, died in 1982.

But grandchildren Craig and Meegan Panzirer received nothing - "for reasons which are known to them", according to Mrs Helmsley's will.

Mrs Helmsley left her chauffeur $100,000.

She also set aside $3m for the upkeep of her and her husband's final resting place.

Proceeds from the sale of Mrs Helmsley's residences and belongings will go to a charitable trust.

<This is absolutely crazy and beyond belief, although its her money and she will be accountable>

Wasalam

muhammad.abdullah

:salam2:

I would say that she is one quite unlucky woman for a few reasons. One, she died a non-muslim (most unfortunate), 2 she has earned the hatred of two of her grand children and worst of all, although she was a very sharp business woman she left best part of her fortune to a mere dog! :astag:

Dogs were barred from medina in the time of the Prophet(SAW). Now i am not a dog hater but what i want to say is just that the creature which wasnt allowed to run on the streets of medina is the major inheritor of a human....

RIDICULOUSLY IDIOTIC.....

May we die when when Allah(swt) has forgiven us our sins and we are at the highest of eeman.....aamin!

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

it just goes to show how some people care more about animals than human beings. what's bad about it is that she's leaving a dog 12 million dollars, when there are so many people suffering here in the u.s. especially katrina victims that money could've went to, but she decided to give the money to an animal that has no use for it.

:wasalam:

anish

the person who is not on the Allah's DEEN and dosen't understand that on the day of qayamah he/she will have to answer to everthing to god all mighty...

this is the best kafir could do with there money....

any yes can somebody please tell us more on the quote that the dog's were banned from the streets of Medina. it would be interesting to know more about it ...

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
??whaaaaaa

salam
i know i saw it on the news...my gosh its crazy.why not just feed the poor or something?????so what now??if the dog dies,,then???will he also write a will?????:SMILY335:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Crazy!!

:eek: :eek: this must be some kind of joke!! A dog!!:astag: What is a dog going to do with 12mil dollars!! that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!! There are starving people all over the world and she gives the money to a dog!! Animals get treated better than people, its so sad!!:mad: !

aisha16

:eek: :eek: this must be some kind of joke!! A dog!!:astag: What is a dog going to do with 12mil dollars!! that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!! There are starving people all over the world and she gives the money to a dog!! Animals get treated better than people, its so sad!!:mad: !
Saalam

Yes some animals get treated WAY BETTER than humans. You should see those dogs with sweaters and hats on. WOW! That is pretty ridiculous. He has fur for a reason.....

What I think is that this dog is going to go to one of those dog stores and get all the "Best Accesories".

May Allah make us of those who are wise with our money Insha'Allah.....

ma saalam

mohammed07

the person who is not on the Allah's DEEN and dosen't understand that on the day of qayamah he/she will have to answer to everthing to god all mighty...

this is the best kafir could do with there money....

any yes can somebody please tell us more on the quote that the dog's were banned from the streets of Medina. it would be interesting to know more about it ...

I am unsure as to wether or not dog were banned from Madina, but we all should be aware that dogs are unclean animal, and we must wash if licked by one. The only reasons that one may keep a dog is 1. If it is used for hunting purposes. 2. If it is used as a shepard, for sheep, and such. and 3. If it is used as protection. And allah knows best what ones intentions are.

B.H.

I remember her being in the news back in the 80's. She made the comment that only little people had to pay taxes. I also read I believe that she could be very abusive to her employees.

She spent time in jail for tax evasion but she seems to have been as arrogant as ever.

Doesn't this make you glad that Allah has stipulated certain standards for inheritance in the Holy Quran?

Give it to a dog instead of her family? What rubbish.

I fear that a lot of people who run America are like her though.