Calling all Niqaabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salika

~mUsLiMaH~
AsalamuAlikum Warahmatullah,

I would like to open a discussion about the females wearing niqaab (face veil). Please share any ideas, thoughts, stories, or experiences about practicing the niqaab, especially for those in the West. Allahumdulilah I started wearing it, and would like to know of other sisters who also practice it. :jazaak:

MuslimaSeattle

mashallah

:mashallah: :mashallah:
AsalamuAlikum Warahmatullah,

I would like to open a discussion about the females wearing niqaab (face veil). Please share any ideas, thoughts, stories, or experiences about practicing the niqaab, especially for those in the West. Allahumdulilah I started wearing it, and would like to know of other sisters who also practice it. :jazaak:

Asalamu Alikum Sister

Congratulation for taking this step.
I am 20 years old living in Seattle and also a niqabi for almost about a year. I started to wear the niqab during the last ten days of Ramadan and alhumdallah I am very happy with the decision I made. I was also working at that time so it was a bit diffcult because I worked in downtown area but alhumdallah Allah made it easy for me. I never thought I would ever wear the niqab. I went from wearing no hijab to niqab in a year alhumdallah. I adapt to it easily because I would consistenly ask Allah to make it easy for me and to make me confident in it. Life after wearing niqab is the same lol it just that plp will constantly look at you, joke, laugh but remember if Allah is happy with you then why should u care about what others think. At first you may struggle with it so it is good to have friends, or families that will support you in wearing the niqab most important is sharing and keeping in contact with other niqabis because that way you won't feel alone in the teasing, bickering, etc that goes on . When u have that support it will make you more confident and more pleased with your decision. anywas i ran out of things to talk about but please do ask any question I will be more than welcome to answer you questions...asalam alkikum May allah bless you and increase your iman and your patience....because niqab requires patient:blackhijab:

:ma: sisters mabrook :)

I know a sister that wears niqaab and mashAllah there are so many people who come up to her asking many questions regarding the niqaab. Now more than ever she is giving da3wah to many people cuz of her niqaab...Beautiful innit? alhamdullillah so far she hasnt received any negative comments well not that i know of but really she's well respected..

inshallah it will be a blissful and blessed journey :)

Assalamu aleikum

Salika

~mUsLiMaH~
:mashallah: :mashallah:

Asalamu Alikum Sister

Congratulation for taking this step.
I am 20 years old living in Seattle and also a niqabi for almost about a year. I started to wear the niqab during the last ten days of Ramadan and alhumdallah I am very happy with the decision I made. I was also working at that time so it was a bit diffcult because I worked in downtown area but alhumdallah Allah made it easy for me. I never thought I would ever wear the niqab. I went from wearing no hijab to niqab in a year alhumdallah. I adapt to it easily because I would consistenly ask Allah to make it easy for me and to make me confident in it. Life after wearing niqab is the same lol it just that plp will constantly look at you, joke, laugh but remember if Allah is happy with you then why should u care about what others think. At first you may struggle with it so it is good to have friends, or families that will support you in wearing the niqab most important is sharing and keeping in contact with other niqabis because that way you won't feel alone in the teasing, bickering, etc that goes on . When u have that support it will make you more confident and more pleased with your decision. anywas i ran out of things to talk about but please do ask any question I will be more than welcome to answer you questions...asalam alkikum May allah bless you and increase your iman and your patience....because niqab requires patient:blackhijab:

WaalikumAsalam,

Thank you for your advices, I really appericate it. Im only 16 years old, and haven't experienced much yet. I'm really nervous about going to a public high school wearing niqab. I mean, hijabis are common there, but I guess I will be the only one with the face veil. Its great to have your support, because I havnet yet met any other niqaabis in my area. And yes, people do talk and stare, but I always keep in mind that its for Allah SWT's sake and no one elses'. And like you, I'm always asking Allah to make it easier day by day. My family even became shoked with this practice, and many are against it. But I try every day to ignore it all. Jazzak Allah for your blessings and May Allah be happy with you! :allahuakbar:

amira87

I love Allah
Salam alikum

I give so much dredit to those sisers out there who wear niqab....especially in America. Now they are a bunch of strong sisters. I mean if you are wearing it for Allah and not just because your husband forced you to wear it. Always wear it for the sake of Allah(swta). I mean there are sisters who are ashamed to even wear their hijab....and they use the excuse....."my job wont allaw me too" Those are excuse makers, and they are the weak muslimahs" Mahshallah sister, keep up with your strong eman...ameen:tti_sister:

mizza88

salaam sister, i totually understand where you are coming from, i am 20yrs old and recently alhumdulilah just started wearing the niqab after studying it and just went with what my heart said. nobody in my family agreed with it non of my friends thought it was neccessary because they thought being in this enviroment it causes more attraction as i live in a non-muslim town in warrington, cheshire. my best friends even tried to persuade me as much as she could to take it off but no matter what i decided she would be 100% behind me. but i dont think it attracts attention in a bad way i actually felt more liberated.

the way i see it is its not about where u wear it or what other people will say, its about the intention, if you are wearing for the right reasons to cover your main part of beauty which is the face and most importantly wearing it to please allah swt the most merciful then never be afraid of what other people think stare etc as allah swt is protectors of all protectors.

mashallah at a very young age aswell, may allah swt give you lots of courage and make it easy for you.

i havent eaten out yet and dont plan to but my best mate said to me its okay to take it off to eat as the intention is not a bad one. but i still wouldnt want to as men will still see my face which would make it pointless in wearing it the first place. i will just make sure i eat before i go out and take a straw if i want a drink lol.

Also there is a few ignorant people in my town i have been called a weirdo a ninja which i found funni but one time a man spat on the floor and walked off delibratly at me but then i think i am wearing it for allah swt so i dont let it get to me, i always think if anything happens like that then i see it is a test to see how strong my imaan is, but insha'allah i will never take it off even if i get attacked i wouldnt take it off, i would just make sure i dont go out alone lol.

last but not least i havent seen any niqabis yet in my town and would love to get to know some sisters that maybe live near manchester. i am only 25 mins away from there and also to learn more about islam insha'allah so if there is any sisters that have msn i can get to know my name is my msn addy ********

may allah swt bring you all the success and courage in this life and hereafter insha'allah!

mariam

mizza88

salaam sister,

first of all may allah swt reward you for wearing the niqab at such a young age mashallah!

i am 20 years old and recently just started wearing the niqab for about2 weeks now alhumdulilah :) . although i am not getting much support as i thought i would! my friends, sisters and even my mother wernt really supporting the fact i wanted to start wearing the niqab in the society i live in. Also they feared for my safety as i live in non-muslim town which was understandable. i have been called a weirdo a ninja lol, i get all sorts of stares and dirty looks and even a middled aged, aggressive looking man spat on the floor and then through his nose delibratly at me. but to me this is a test to see how strong my iman is so i took no notice of the guy because the way i see it is if you wear it for allah swt and have soo much trust in allah swt that he will protect you then my advise is never worry about what other people say,think or do as allah swt is protector of all protectors!

i havent ate out yet and dont intend to, my best mate said you can eat in a mixed restaurant etc because you arent taking it off with a bad intention. i personally think if i take it off to eat where other men would see me then it would be pointless in wearing it in the first place! so i wouldnt eat out in public i would make sure i eat before i go out and if i wanted a drink i would just take a straw with me lol.

last but not least i havent seen any niqabis in my town and would love to get to know more sisters or niqabis if you live in manchester then i am near to there! so give me a holla ;)

to all sister, may allah swt reward you and bring you all the success and courage in this life and hereafter insha'allah! :tti_sister:

mariam

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
Niqaab

As salamu alayk, May Allah reward the sisters who wear the niqaab, even in the heat of the summer. :ma:

May Allah shelter you all from the heat of Hellfire!! Ameen

The opinion that i follow is that niqaab is not fard but a recommended act and there is no sin in not wearing it. (I don't have to wear niqaab because i'm a brother and i'm not that hansome. lol) But also i believe that if a sister believes it is fard to cover her face she should not remove the niqaab willy-nilly (as she pleases without valid shariyah permit/ excuse)

However when i married my wife, she was not a niqaabi, but i asked her (not forced her) to wear a niqaab in public and in front of men. Alhamdulliah she saw how jealous i was of her- to the extent i could not stand another man looking at her face!! (in islam it's called having ghirah (jelousy) for ones wife)

Initially she complained a lot, because she felt hot in it, or could not look down properly, and search for bus fare in her purse ect, or eat food in public without getting chilli sauce on her niqaab lol.

But like most she became use to it, to the extent she feels unconfortable without it.

Her mother would wear the niqaab so i suppose she had some support. Both her sisters are also practising so she has support from them. Also we live in Birmingham (UK), majority muslim area, where wearing the niqaab is normal.

She has been wearing it for less than two years, but in the light of recent events (especially 7/7) i decided that it would better and safer to remove the niqaab when going to the non-muslim areas as it drws less attention and make a sister less prone to attack (verbal or physical).

This should not be interpretted as weakness or not relying on Allah. But it is taking precaution- living in a non-muslim country.

We do not abide by thier law but at the same time we should not bring upon ourselves unnecessary harm- especially if something it recomended and not fard.

If they made a law (like they have in France) to remove headscarfs in educational institues then ofcourse i will warn sisters from disobeying Allah by exposing thier awrah!!!

The issue here is making physical sacrifice for the sake of Allah and jepodising ones security- i am not asking any sister to remove her niqaab

:astag:

I have no right to do that- i am only advicing sisters living here in the UK or in th US to weight the benefits and harms of wearing the niqaab- in kuffar areas where you might be alone and more prone to attack (verbal or physical)

I burn up inside when i hear of stories where sisters have had thier hijaabs ripped off ect!!!

Feel like :angryblue: giving that criminal a piece of my mind and fist!!!

Don't care about what people think, or how they stare at you- wear it for the sake of Allah not for the sake of people.

Feel free to wear the niqaab where you feel safe and secure, but my advice is take precaution of wearing the niqaab where is unsafe and if your alone- the last thing i want to read on Turn to Islam.com is "This sister had her hijaab pulled off, this sister was mugged and beated, that sister was slapped ect!!!

Muslims are peole of Izzah (Dignity) we are dignifed by being the slaves of Allah and not the slaves of idols or animals or people.

I think i have written enough....

i look forward to your comments, suggestion or critisism.. jazak Allah khair

May Allah forgive me if i have said anything wrong. Ameen

Salika

~mUsLiMaH~
salaam sister,

first of all may allah swt reward you for wearing the niqab at such a young age mashallah!

i am 20 years old and recently just started wearing the niqab for about2 weeks now alhumdulilah :) . although i am not getting much support as i thought i would! my friends, sisters and even my mother wernt really supporting the fact i wanted to start wearing the niqab in the society i live in. Also they feared for my safety as i live in non-muslim town which was understandable. i have been called a weirdo a ninja lol, i get all sorts of stares and dirty looks and even a middled aged, aggressive looking man spat on the floor and then through his nose delibratly at me. but to me this is a test to see how strong my iman is so i took no notice of the guy because the way i see it is if you wear it for allah swt and have soo much trust in allah swt that he will protect you then my advise is never worry about what other people say,think or do as allah swt is protector of all protectors!

i havent ate out yet and dont intend to, my best mate said you can eat in a mixed restaurant etc because you arent taking it off with a bad intention. i personally think if i take it off to eat where other men would see me then it would be pointless in wearing it in the first place! so i wouldnt eat out in public i would make sure i eat before i go out and if i wanted a drink i would just take a straw with me lol.

last but not least i havent seen any niqabis in my town and would love to get to know more sisters or niqabis if you live in manchester then i am near to there! so give me a holla ;)

to all sister, may allah swt reward you and bring you all the success and courage in this life and hereafter insha'allah! :tti_sister:

mariam

:wasalam:
Thank you for your comments sister. Hearing your story made me worry a bit. I was horrified about that man doing that. They're the weirdos, cant respect people for following their deen properly. ughh!! But InshaAllah everything will be all right. I understand what you may be going through. Man its though. But you have my support, hundreds of miles away, lol!! And yea, I carry starws too. I guess niqaabis look like idiots stuffing food through the niqab, lol. But :mashallah: you have strength.

Salika

~mUsLiMaH~
As salamu alayk, May Allah reward the sisters who wear the niqaab, even in the heat of the summer. :ma:

May Allah shelter you all from the heat of Hellfire!! Ameen

The opinion that i follow is that niqaab is not fard but a recommended act and there is no sin in not wearing it. (I don't have to wear niqaab because i'm a brother and i'm not that hansome. lol) But also i believe that if a sister believes it is fard to cover her face she should not remove the niqaab willy-nilly (as she pleases without valid shariyah permit/ excuse)

However when i married my wife, she was not a niqaabi, but i asked her (not forced her) to wear a niqaab in public and in front of men. Alhamdulliah she saw how jealous i was of her- to the extent i could not stand another man looking at her face!! (in islam it's called having ghirah (jelousy) for ones wife)

Initially she complained a lot, because she felt hot in it, or could not look down properly, and search for bus fare in her purse ect, or eat food in public without getting chilli sauce on her niqaab lol.

But like most she became use to it, to the extent she feels unconfortable without it.

Her mother would wear the niqaab so i suppose she had some support. Both her sisters are also practising so she has support from them. Also we live in Birmingham (UK), majority muslim area, where wearing the niqaab is normal.

She has been wearing it for less than two years, but in the light of recent events (especially 7/7) i decided that it would better and safer to remove the niqaab when going to the non-muslim areas as it drws less attention and make a sister less prone to attack (verbal or physical).

This should not be interpretted as weakness or not relying on Allah. But it is taking precaution- living in a non-muslim country.

We do not abide by thier law but at the same time we should not bring upon ourselves unnecessary harm- especially if something it recomended and not fard.

If they made a law (like they have in France) to remove headscarfs in educational institues then ofcourse i will warn sisters from disobeying Allah by exposing thier awrah!!!

The issue here is making physical sacrifice for the sake of Allah and jepodising ones security- i am not asking any sister to remove her niqaab

I have no right to do that- i am only advicing sisters living here in the UK or in th US to weight the benefits and harms of wearing the niqaab- in kuffar areas where you might be alone and more prone to attack (verbal or physical)

I burn up inside when i hear of stories where sisters have had thier hijaabs ripped off ect!!!

Feel like :angryblue: giving that criminal a piece of my mind and fist!!!

Don't care about what people think, or how they stare at you- wear it for the sake of Allah not for the sake of people.

Feel free to wear the niqaab where you feel safe and secure, but my advice is take precaution of wearing the niqaab where is unsafe and if your alone- the last thing i want to read on Turn to Islam.com is "This sister had her hijaab pulled off, this sister was mugged and beated, that sister was slapped ect!!!

Muslims are peole of Izzah (Dignity) we are dignifed by being the slaves of Allah and not the slaves of idols or animals or people.

I think i have written enough....

i look forward to your comments, suggestion or critisism.. jazak Allah khair

May Allah forgive me if i have said anything wrong. Ameen

You wrote a lot Brother, and I appreciate it. :mashallah: for your wife, May Allah guied her. Nice story, I liked it. And also about your advice, I get where you're coming from. A person shouldn't try to put themselves at risk when it's not necessary. I agree with your thoughts, and thank you for posting them.

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
Banu Nadir

Correct me if i am wrong...

But we also have an example from the sunnah when a muslim woman was in the jewish markets and a jew pinned her jilbaab (outer garment) to her back so when she stood up her back became exposed and she cried out in rage.

One shabah was present at the time, he did not stand around. He took out his sword and killed the jew who did that. Then the rest of the jews surronded him and killed him and he was martyed.

When the news of this reached the messenger of Allah (pbuh) he was intending to fight them and punish the jews for their violation of thier covanant- had it not been for the leader of the hyporcite interceeding for the jews!!! this action of Ubay ibn Kaab angered the messenger of Allah

But for the sake of muslim unity he (pbuh) instead banished Banu Nadir and distributed thier land and wealth amonst the muslims.

So let not any man who believes in Allah and the Last Day, stand and do nothing while the honour of his sister is violated! Nor should any sister put her self in a situation where her precious and sacred honour can be violated!!

Allah Knows Best

Ahd_786

Assalam-o-alikum. I agree you ideas. Thank you.

Islam requires from us to be rational in our practices. Allah knows our Intent and what we do.
We need to maintain our relationship with God. this is the ultimate thing we have.
Regards

Salafisister

As-SalaamuAlaikum Sister in Islam:

Alhamdulillah! May Allah make it a cover of goodness for you...Ameen. The decision to wear a niqab for me was just as the decision to cover. In my case the first day I took shahada, I put on full garb( overgarment, khimar and niqab) I have never found it a hardship(except for the hot summer months, but I think" Hey, it is hotter in the hell fire"). I've read the comments from others and have been thru similar situations...lol I guess that comment about" looking like a ninja" is worldwide...lol. It was not difficult for me just uncomfortable with something new, such as everything in Islam is to a new shahada. Actually, I like anything that makes me look less like the kaffirs.

I wear the niqab because I know that it is more pleasing to Allah. I know sisters who start to wear niqab for the sake of their husbands, but if it is not in your heart to do it, when the marriage ends, usually the niqab comes off.

May Allah reward you for doing this for His pleasure only!!!!

I live in the US and not all sisters here in my city wear niqabs, but there are many who do, so I never feel out of place. There are many obstacle when wearing it, true, but what Allah decrees for you, there is nothing that you can do about it. I travel to areas where I get stares, pointing( the children) and the famous question" Can I ask you a question? Do your husband make you wear that? or " Are you hot in that?"......lol I just laugh and take that as a opportunity to give then dawah and invite them to islam...

As far as the work place.... I am a nurse and left the mainstream, because I felt it compromised my beliefs( dress, prayer, fitna, etc... ) and now do private duty nursing so I can wear my full coverings everday.

As far as eating in public.... My husband took me to restaurant and asked for a seclude table so I can lift my niqab and eat....There was none avail. I learned real quick how to eat under the niqab...lol He laughed the whole nite thru...My niqab did not have ONE drop on it....lol.....lol

May Allah make it easy on you and every other sister here who covers herself properly for the sake of our Rabb....Ameen

Some say that it is not wajib. I say that anything Allah commands in the Quran is a command from Allah. Surah 33: 59

Your sister in deen

Salafisister

Salafisister

I also wanted to add:

I agree with the brother, wear your niqab, but wear it wislely because we are NOT in the land of Muslims, but we are in the Land of Allah.....

Salika

~mUsLiMaH~
As-SalaamuAlaikum Sister in Islam:

Alhamdulillah! May Allah make it a cover of goodness for you...Ameen. The decision to wear a niqab for me was just as the decision to cover. In my case the first day I took shahada, I put on full garb( overgarment, khimar and niqab) I have never found it a hardship(except for the hot summer months, but I think" Hey, it is hotter in the hell fire"). I've read the comments from others and have been thru similar situations...lol I guess that comment about" looking like a ninja" is worldwide...lol. It was not difficult for me just uncomfortable with something new, such as everything in Islam is to a new shahada. Actually, I like anything that makes me look less like the kaffirs.

I wear the niqab because I know that it is more pleasing to Allah. I know sisters who start to wear niqab for the sake of their husbands, but if it is not in your heart to do it, when the marriage ends, usually the niqab comes off.

May Allah reward you for doing this for His pleasure only!!!!

I live in the US and not all sisters here in my city wear niqabs, but there are many who do, so I never feel out of place. There are many obstacle when wearing it, true, but what Allah decrees for you, there is nothing that you can do about it. I travel to areas where I get stares, pointing( the children) and the famous question" Can I ask you a question? Do your husband make you wear that? or " Are you hot in that?"......lol I just laugh and take that as a opportunity to give then dawah and invite them to islam...

As far as the work place.... I am a nurse and left the mainstream, because I felt it compromised my beliefs( dress, prayer, fitna, etc... ) and now do private duty nursing so I can wear my full coverings everday.

As far as eating in public.... My husband took me to restaurant and asked for a seclude table so I can lift my niqab and eat....There was none avail. I learned real quick how to eat under the niqab...lol He laughed the whole nite thru...My niqab did not have ONE drop on it....lol.....lol

May Allah make it easy on you and every other sister here who covers herself properly for the sake of our Rabb....Ameen

Some say that it is not wajib. I say that anything Allah commands in the Quran is a command from Allah. Surah 33: 59

Your sister in deen

Salafisister

MashaAllah for your post. Reading it gave me strength. By the way, what city do you live in? I also live in USA, Michigan, and cant find many niqaabis. And yeah, we all look like ninjas, lol. But Allhumdulilah you feel very much comfortable in it. And you're a nurse. WOW!! When I first wore the niqaab, I thought that maybe the job opportunites will be less, but then Im only 16, I can worry about that later. But after hearing how you became a private nurse, its just unbelieveable. :ma: May Allah give you strength!
By the way, how did you manage to not spill on your veil, again unbelievable!
Allhumdulilah :jumpclap:

mariam86

salaam sister,
i have a question if you dont mind i would love to know what job you did when you started wearing niqab?

Status
Not open for further replies.