Dream of disaster

starlight2k47

As salamu alaykum,

I 've had a dream a few days ago and i cant find the meaning anywhere.
I was dreaming of a tsunami and we were in a tall building, me and my two young children, and the wave covered the building completely and we went underwater. I knew it was the end for us but i was not scared because in the last second before we went under water i saw Allah, well at least for me it was Allah, that's why i was not afraid. And then death came to me.
I'll be happy if someone could explain what it means.
Thanks
Maryam

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
This is not the kind of advice that I would seek in this kind of forum. Dream interpretation is a subjective task. You should talk to a muslim who has this kind of knowledge. They should also, inshallah, be known well to you. I would suggest visiting a sheik or alim for a good answer.

tasnim

tasnim
This is not the kind of advice that I would seek in this kind of forum. Dream interpretation is a subjective task. You should talk to a muslim who has this kind of knowledge. They should also, inshallah, be known well to you. I would suggest visiting a sheik or alim for a good answer.

well
maybe its good to dream..but its not good always to undertsand it becuz sometimz it bad dream and when you dont say it it wont be but maybe when you say it will be in reality
just forget it
i dont like to undertsand my dreams but always we do du3a so alllah will protects us
wassalamm

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

Seeing Allaah in a dream

Question:
What is the ruling on one who claims to have seen the Lord of Glory in a dream? Is it true, as some say, that Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal saw the Lord of Glory in a dream more that one hundred times?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and others said that it is possible for a person to see his Lord in a dream, but what they see is not how He really is, because there is nothing like unto Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer”

[al-Shoora 42:11]

So nothing in His creation resembles Him, but a person may see in his dream that his Lord is speaking to him, but whatever images he sees is not Allaah because there is nothing like unto Allaah, so there is nothing that resembles Him.

Shaykh Taqiy al-Deen said concerning this that it may vary according to the situation of the person who sees it. The more righteous and good the person is, the closer his dream will be to what is true and correct, but Allaah is different from whatever he sees, because the basic principle is that there is nothing like unto Allaah.

He may hear a voice that says such and such or do such and such, without seeing any image that resembles any created being, because there is nothing like unto Allaah. It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw his Lord in a dream. It was narrated from Mu’aadh (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw his Lord, and it was narrated via a number of isnaads that he saw his Lord, and that Allaah put His hand between the Prophet’s shoulders so that he felt its coolness on his chest. Al-Haafiz ibn Rajab wrote an essay on that which he entitled Ikhtiyaar al-Awla fi Sharh Hadeeth Ikhtisaam al-Mala’ al-A’laa. This indicates that the Prophets saw their Lord in their dreams. But as for seeing the Lord in this world with their eyes, that did not happen.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that no one will see his Lord until he dies. This was narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked whether he had seen his Lord, he said: “I saw Light.” This was narrated by Muslim from Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him).

‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was asked about that and she said that no one will see Him in this world, because seeing Allaah in Paradise is the greatest blessing for the Muslims, so that will happen only to the people of Paradise and the believers in the Hereafter, and to the believers in the place of standing on the Day of Resurrection. This world is the abode of trial and testing, the place shared by both good and evil people, so it is not the place for seeing Allaah, for seeing Him is the greatest blessing, so Allaah has saved it for His believing slaves in the abode of honour on the Day of Resurrection.

With regard to seeing Allaah in a dream as many people claim to have done, that varies according to the situation of the one who saw that – as Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah – may Allaah have mercy on him) said – how righteous and pious the person is. Some people may imagine that they have seen Allaah when that is not the case, for the Shaytaan may appear to them and make them think that he is their Lord, as it was narrated that he appeared to ‘Abd al-Qaadir al-Jeelaani on a throne above the water, and said, “I am your lord and I have relieved you of obligations.” Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir said: “Shut up, O enemy of Allaah, you are not my Lord, because the commands of my Lord can never be lifted from those who are accountable.” Or words to that effect. The point is that seeing Allaah when awake cannot happen to anyone in this world, not even the Prophets (peace be upon them), as stated above in the hadeeth of Abu Dharr. This is also indicated by the words of Allaah to Moosa (peace be upon him) when he asked his Lord to let him see Him. He said to him (interpretation of the meaning):

“You cannot see Me”

[al-A’raaf 7:143]

But the Prophets and some of the righteous may see Him in a dream in a manner that does not resemble any of His creation, as stated above in the hadeeth of Mu’aadh (may Allaah be pleased with him). But if there is a command to do something that goes against sharee’ah, this is a sign that he has not seen his Lord, rather he has seen a devil. If he sees that he is telling him, Do not pray for you have been relieved of obligations, or you do not have to pay zakaah, or you do not have to fast Ramadaan, or you do not have to honour parents, or he says it does not matter if you consume riba (usury, interest) – all such things are signs that he has seen a devil and has not seen his Lord. With regard to the reports of Imam Ahmad seeing his Lord, I do not know if they are sound or not. It was said that he saw his Lord but I do not know if that is true.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li’l-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 6/367.

G

Good Shepherd

It is impossible for any human being to see Allah (S.W.T) in this world, as Allah has said in many verses of the Qur'an:

‘No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Courteous Well-Acquainted with all things.’ (6.103)

‘It is not fitting for a human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a veil.’ (42.51)

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer”
[al-Shoora 42:11]

Narrated Masruq:

‘Aisha said, "If anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen his Lord, HE IS A LIAR, FOR ALLAH SAYS: ‘No vision can grasp Him.’ (6.103) And if anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen the Unseen, he is a liar, for Allah says: ‘None has the knowledge of the Unseen but Allah.’" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 477)

It is narrated on the authority of Masruq that he said: I was resting at (the house of) 'A'isha that she said: O Abu 'A'isha (kunya of Masruq), there are three things, and he who affirmed even one of them fabricated the greatest lie against Allah. I asked what they were. She said: He who presumed that Muhammad (may peace be upon him) saw his Lord (with his ocular vision) fabricated the greatest lie against Allah. I was reclining but then sat up and said: Mother of the Faithful, wait a bit and do not be in a haste. Has not Allah (Mighty and Majestic) said: "And truly he saw him on the clear horizon" (al-Qur'an, l*!*!*!i. 23) and "he saw Him in another descent" (al-Qur'an, liii. 13)? She said: I am the first of this Ummah who asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) about it, and he said: Verily he is Gabriel. I have never seen him in his original form in which he was created except on those two occasions (to which these verses refer); I saw him descending from the heaven and filling (the space) from the sky to the earth with the greatness of his bodily structure. She said: Have you not heard Allah saying: "Eyes comprehend Him not, but He comprehends (all) vision. And He is Subtle, and All-Aware" (al-Qur'an, vi. 103)? (She, i. e. 'A'isha, further said): Have you not heard that, verily, Allah says: "And it is not vouchsafed to a human being that Allah should speak unto him otherwise than by revelation, or from behind a veil, or that He sendeth a messenger (angel), so that he revealeth whatsoever He wills. Verily He is Exalted, Wise" (al-Qur'an, xlii. 51) She said: He who presumes that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) concealed anything from the Book, of Allah fabricates the greatest lie against Allah. Allah says: "O Messenger! Deliver that which has been revealed to thee from thy Lord, and if thou do (it) not, thou hast not delivered His message" (al-Qur'an, v. 67). She said: He who presumes that he would inform about what was going to happen tomorrow fabricates the greatest lie against Allah. And Allah says: "Say thou (Muhammad): None in the heavens and the earth knoweth the unseen save Allah" (al-Qur'an, xxvii. 65). (Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0337)

The Quran also says that no one can see Allah:

Such is GOD your Lord, there is no god except He, the Creator of all things. You shall worship Him alone. He is in control of all things. No visions can encompass Him, but He encompasses all visions. He is the Compassionate, the Cognizant. S. 6:102-103 Khalifa

It is not fitting for a man that God should speak to him EXCEPT by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with God’s permission, what God wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise. S. 42:51 Y. Ali

‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was asked about that and she said that no one will see Him in this world, because seeing Allaah in Paradise is the greatest blessing for the Muslims, so that will happen only to the people of Paradise and the believers in the Hereafter, and to the believers in the place of standing on the Day of Resurrection. This world is the abode of trial and testing, the place shared by both good and evil people, so it is not the place for seeing Allaah, for seeing Him is the greatest blessing, so Allaah has saved it for His believing slaves in the abode of honour on the Day of Resurrection.

Therefore it is clear that no human shall see Allah (S.W.T) in this world, whether it's in a dream or when they are awake.

Jihan

Do you by any chance live in seattle or northwest US... even maybe japan, hawaii... because on the national geographic they been telling us a tsunami is on its way soon:astag: hopefully NOT.... Allahu alam!

starlight2k47

As salamu alykum,

Thank you all for your replies.
It helps a bit. Everybody i know cant explain to me the meaning.
What i saw was like Muhammad ( sallalahu alihi wa salam) a light!
Do you by any chance live in seattle or northwest US... even maybe japan, hawaii... because on the national geographic they been telling us a tsunami is on its way soon
No Jihan i live in London, UK:)
Walaykum salam,

Maryam

Jihan

As salamu alykum,

even maybe japan, hawaii... because on the national geographic they been telling us a tsunami is on its way soon[/COLOR]
No Jihan i live in London, UK:)
Walaykum salam,

Maryam

whoo....Alhamdulillaah:) .... for a second I thought they were right about what they were saying on the news... I hate when they talk about those kind of things on TV.... they like to scare us for no reason:astag: ... and even if they were right what can we possibly do?

dianne

Salam,

no body can see ALLah swt,not in this world.Allah swt cannot imagined by imagination,dreams or etc.

to know the dream is true is wudhoo' before sleeping,recites doa kursi,al ikhlas 3x,istighfar or zikrullah,salawat rasul saw,doa for ourself.then we can dream if we wanted to.

wassalam