Question re: Ramadan

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
:shymuslima1: I am embarrassed to ask this question...but please understand this is my first ramadan, and I am confused!

When exactly do we break our fast??? Is it at Maghreb or Isha....or some other time????

I need to know so i don't make a mistake! Can I have the answer in layman's terms.....i have read a few articles and can't make head nor tail of it all :shymuslima1:

Jazakhallah khair in advance.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
thank you for your answer, i understood that already, but is sunrise and sunset signalled by a specific prayer time????

I don't live in a muslim community, and need to know this as I am also goign abroad...to stay with in laws who don't practise. I need to know 100% what i am doing.....I am scared to get things wrong

BintMuhammad

Staff member
thank you for your answer, i understood that already, but is sunrise and sunset signalled by a specific prayer time????

I don't live in a muslim community, and need to know this as I am also goign abroad...to stay with in laws who don't practise. I need to know 100% what i am doing.....I am scared to get things wrong

Yep it is at Adhaan of Maghrib prayer and we stop eating at Fajr.

still looking for some reference for you though.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
We start fasting at fajr, a few minutes before is better just because clocks aren't 100% (ie some run fast) . We break our fast at Magrib. The best thing to do is have some dates to break your fast, pray, then eat a bigger meal. Never break your fast with something heavy, believe me I've learnt my lesson.
:wasalam:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
We start fasting at fajr, a few minutes before is better just because clocks aren't 100% (ie some run fast) . We break our fast at Magrib. The best thing to do is have some dates to break your fast, pray, then eat a bigger meal. Never break your fast with something heavy, believe me I've learnt my lesson.

I usually wake up 30 mins before fajr. I prepare my breakfast the night before or I organize it all :) I do not drink coffee either before I fast. Coffee is a stimulant and makes you more hungry.I do not eat big breakfasts'.I tend to drink like 3 bottles of water. I pray then go back to sleep and wake up at 8 to go to school :D
I agree stay away from the heavy foods when breaking fast lol. I like to eat my date and then eat lots of fruit. Fruit is just heavenly in the mouth after breaking the fast.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
When the Athaan for magrib goes, you can start eating and drinking from then. (From the very first Allahu Akbar - you don't have to wait till he finishes).

Ali(Whalan)

If you find yourself where you can hear the athaan,then you break wit the athaan of magrib & fast wit the athaan of fajr.. If you happen to be where there is no athaan then sunset as the brother said & we are also encouraged to hasten to break the fast.. & for fajr you begin your fast wit the second dawn..:)

Salafisister

MashaAllah. May Allah reward you for finding out EXACTLY how to obey the commands of Islam...Ameen

You break your fast( able to eat) on the signal of Maghrib...That is usually the sunsetting time...

Each day the time will vary.. If you have trouble distingishing this times by the sky, you can go to www.islamicfinder.com and download the Athan to your computer...Inshaallah, this has helped not just you but someone else who may have been embarrassed to ask the same question...

This is your first Ramadaan?! Please make dua for me! You are a new muslim and free from sins, InshaAllah

Salafisister