would you marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitecat

:salam2:
i don't mind marrying a brother from different race, but my father will never let me do it:girl3:
:wasalam:
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:
:tti_sister:

Leila412

:salam2: ,

I've always wanted to marry someone from my country ( Morocco that is) I understand that we are muslims and that it shouldnt matter what race, but I love my moroccan tradition and culture too much that I have always been afraid of loosing it, especially the language barrier; you want your kids to be able to communicate with the rest of the family and especially grandparents. Well, that was then...

at this moment, I dont really care, as long as I can find the one who understands me well enough :)... I am a bit complicated LOL,and if I narrow it down to Moroccans only, high chances I will never find that special someone :)

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Of course I would and the parents want me to. Insha Allah the future brother I marry will have to have lots I mean lots of patience with my parents since they are not Muslim lol.

Shannonx

I would have no problem marrying someone from a different country, or has a different skin color than me.
To me, all that matters if you find happiness with somebody, skin color/nationality shouldn't matter.

aisha931

yes i would marry a person from another contenent. I am a white american woman, and i am married to an african man from somalia.

:salam2: It is easier to marry somebody from your own background. But i dont think that marrying outside your safe zone is bad as long as the brother is a good muslim. Not just a muslim but a GOOD MUSLIM.

mahdi

salam

i think if u love someone not because he is cute but he has a good manner and a good deen(religion) then there should be no difficulty marring him/her. although we know it's the parents who have the problem ,but it's not my parents who are geeting married it's me so i should be the one who is choosing the person i want to marry,
to be a muslim is a beutifull and a plessing thing.
there is no racism in muslim, everyone is equall whether you are arab or blck or white we are all the same.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

it's sad when racism gets in the way. i've had it tough in the past. recently i came close to proposing to someone of a different race, which kind of helped me forget about my bad experiences. it didn't work out not because of race, i just don't think i was attractive enough for her even though she said it was " chemistry " her and i are cool and it has been nice knowing her.

what saddens me, is that she was one of the few from the middle eastern world that would ever give a black/hispanic person a chance. people of my racial background just have a hard time being accepted in islam. it bothers me because i know the religion doesn't teach that. to this day i may have only had one person really befriend me at the masjid. i know that a lot of these girls parents think that because of my race that i'm a drug dealer, gangsta, thief etc. but many of them would have no problem if their daughter married a white man. many of their parents really wish that they were white. they think that a white guy is going to bring success. it's a bunch of garbage. i often wonder what have blacks or puerto ricans have ever done to any of these people? i don't remember any of my ancestors invading or enslaving people in the middle east. i'm a good brother but i'm not good enough to marry their daughter. sometimes the way we're treated especially in this topic is very discouraging. i really wish it wasn't that way. but if you were to ask most black american or hispanic muslims about this, they'll say the same thing. the white muslim guy get's a little hard hit too because the born muslims are curious as to why this american " white man " accepted islam.

forgive me for my bitterness.

deepheart

it's sad when racism gets in the way. i've had it tough in the past. recently i came close to proposing to someone of a different race, which kind of helped me forget about my bad experiences. it didn't work out not because of race, i just don't think i was attractive enough for her even though she said it was " chemistry " her and i are cool and it has been nice knowing her.

what saddens me, is that she was one of the few from the middle eastern world that would ever give a black/hispanic person a chance. people of my racial background just have a hard time being accepted in islam. it bothers me because i know the religion doesn't teach that. to this day i may have only had one person really befriend me at the masjid. i know that a lot of these girls parents think that because of my race that i'm a drug dealer, gangsta, thief etc. but many of them would have no problem if their daughter married a white man. many of their parents really wish that they were white. they think that a white guy is going to bring success. it's a bunch of garbage. i often wonder what have blacks or puerto ricans have ever done to any of these people? i don't remember any of my ancestors invading or enslaving people in the middle east. i'm a good brother but i'm not good enough to marry their daughter. sometimes the way we're treated especially in this topic is very discouraging. i really wish it wasn't that way. but if you were to ask most black american or hispanic muslims about this, they'll say the same thing. the white muslim guy get's a little hard hit too because the born muslims are curious as to why this american " white man " accepted islam.

forgive me for my bitterness.

Assalam alaikum, brother

Much of what you've written is true. But i'll add that the problem is the parents, not the sisters. And racism is much less among Muslims than among members of other religions. Don't worry, keep up the du'aa and insha ALLAH you'll find the right sister.

adil_sensei

good choice

i want to thank you for you participation in this forum and i hope that i'm welcome here .

my name is adil , i'm from morocco, i am muslim of course and i am so happy to be so.
my first thing to say is that there is no difference between arabe, americain, indian, or "Martian" only in one side the "Takwa".
for womens, they can choose every muslim they want BUT :
they must follow the haddith of my prophet mohammed salla ALLAH alaihi wa sallam:"ida jaa kom man tardawna dinaho wakholokaho fazawijoho wailla takon fitnaton fil ardi wa fasadon kabir" so the criteria that must be used are
religion islam and kholok, this are the fondamental things but we must search also for beauty, parents and the level of life but those criterias are secondary ones.

for men they must choose the Women with religion islam "Dine" and after they have to choose beauty coz it so important in this age of Fitan. and if the woman is rich it will better.
"Idfar bidati addini taribat yadak"

i hope that allah help us to find oursecond part in zawaj and give us tabat in this age of fittan, amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

wasalam alaikom warahmato allah wa barakatoh

Race is not a barrier...:hijabi:

i want to thank you for you participation in this forum and i hope that i'm welcome here .

my name is adil , i'm from morocco, i am muslim of course and i am so happy to be so.
my first thing to say is that there is no difference between arabe, americain, indian, or "Martian" only in one side the "Takwa".
they must follow the haddith of my prophet mohammed salla ALLAH alaihi wa sallam:"ida jaa kom man tardawna dinaho wakholokaho fazawijoho wailla takon fitnaton fil ardi wa fasadon kabir" so the criteria that must be used are
religion islam and kholok, this are the fondamental things but we must search also for beauty, parents and the level of life but those criterias are secondary ones.

for men they must choose the Women with religion islam "Dine" and after they have to choose beauty coz it so important in this age of Fitan. and if the woman is rich it will better.

i hope that allah help us to find oursecond part in zawaj and give us tabat in this age of fittan, amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

:wasalam:[/QUOTE]

adil_sensei

justoneofmillion

Assalam,no no no noway:SMILY286: no TAJIIN not even friendship forget about brotherhood.kiss your own nose!!......haha just kidding welcome to TTi brother ,welcome amongst your brothers and sisters,hope you benefit from us as much as we from you inschallah:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

Sindbad

adil_sensei

the good choice

Abu_Al_9assem

I don't see where is the problem!
why don't get married with someone of different race.
I'm from Morocco and my wife is from ... forgive me i'm not married yet i forgot
lol

adil_sensei

the mixture is an experience where we can get good results or bad ones, but with clean hearths it will be good results incha allah. :)

huda2

I want say some thing for bro Nyerekareem,

First I'm really sorry how u feel, but as we all know Islam agains for any discrimination. And who ever use it will answer to allah the day of judgement. But there are cultural thing which poision us, especially eastren culture, and the parents know that it forbidden in islam, but this is what they desired, they used culture as Islam. I think it has nothing to do being hated black or hispanic, its ugly culture which stack in their minds. Insha alllaah in our generation we have to change and follow our true beautiful religion. Who ever fears allaah is the best one not where he/she came from. Who u going to marry shouldnt based a culture, language or color. Its who u fallen for and how u get along with. Islam is the answer of every thing.

sword of islam

the peace of marriage

salam alikom
dear brothers and sisters
at the beginning i would like to wish you a happy ramadan .
it's really amazing how our relegionislam is setting the rules for every details in our lives . as all muslmis know ..islam is not a simple way of worshipping God..it's rather a system of enjoying our daily lives . part of islam's caring about our stability and welfare , marriage is planned by the almighty of allah as a rest for both of man and woman .
may allah bless you all and assure you heaven .
salam 3alikom

Status
Not open for further replies.