hi everyone

Qadir236

bismillah alrahman alraheem
assalaamalaikum warahmatullah wabarakahtu

I'm a Christian from Northern Ireland. My story is a long one but in my heart I believe in Islam. However I fear my parents more than Allah and that is an obstacle which I will have to overcome Inshallah.

There are some great videos on this site and thanks to everyone for uploading them, especially the one from Nederland. It gave me both an insight into the struggles of reverts and a chance to improve my Dutch!

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu,

Insha Allaah, fearing your parents more than Allaah swt is a big no no brother but I understand your situation and I'm sure Allaah swt does too. I pray that Allaah swt make things easier for you and for your parents to handle once they find out. Anyway, welcome to the site akhi and please do post your story, we don't mind reading a long one. I'll look forward to seeing that posted soon!

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
wa laikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu

Welcome to the site brother! Indeed we have many tests in this life. Allah (swt) will help it make it easy for you if you pray and make du'a. Post your story I always enjoy a good read.

Qadir236

Yes, I believe it says this in Surah Luqman (surah 31) and that in Surah 21 or 22, forget exactly it also talks about not following something simply because you parents do.

I realise it is very bad and I am under no illusions about it. I just hope Inshallah things become clearer for me.

Thanks for replying and I'll post more on me soon, one thing though if you dont mind, how are Efren Reyes and Bustamante these days?

Qadir236

To be honest I don't know where to start, maybe is better if you ask me questions, you'll find more out that way I guess.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Thanks for replying and I'll post more on me soon, one thing though if you dont mind, how are Efren Reyes and Bustamante these days?

LoL you know about those guys? I'm not a fan but I guess they're cool with their cue stick. You may ask me about Manny Pacquiao though. :SMILY346: :fighta:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
To be honest I don't know where to start, maybe is better if you ask me questions, you'll find more out that way I guess.

ooOK. You may use the following as guidelines to write your story.

1. Describe how you were before you were a Muslim.

2. Why or what made you learn about ISLAM? (common question :p)

3. Why or what convinced you?

4. How did you manage to handle the truth?

5. What are your plans?

I hope these made sense :hearts:

Qadir236

I used to follow 9 ball quite a lot and those 2 players were my favourites. No idea who Pacquiao is?! Cricket is really my thing - maybe you know Mohammad Yousuf (née Yousuf Youhana)?

I have been to the only real masjid here many times as it is near my uni and the people there have been very accommodating but basically my parents found my Qur'an and confronted me angrily about this. They went on about rejection of what they had taught me and said I would have to leave home. So out of fear I just denied all knowledge of this and I stopped going to the masjid. Before that even the Tableeghi Jama'at scared me off by telling me to go home and do this do that. I ran from the masjid and I felt a weight off my shoulders but I couldnt stay away from the masjid and Islam. I go back to uni soon and maybe I will return again to the masjid to wish everyone a nice Ramadan. I do believe in Islam and really I have no excuse not to take Shahadah - I dont because I am unable to practice and fast etc so I dont want to be Muslim and be a bad Muslim.

Qadir236

1. Describe how you were before you were a Muslim.

I have always lived with the values of Islam in the sense of high regard for marriage and women, never touched alcohol or other drugs. Therefore Islam came naturally to me when I discovered it. I am still not Muslim though I hasten to add.

2. Why or what made you learn about ISLAM?

I have some Pakistani friends and although they never told me about Islam as such, I just was curious as they were nice people so Islam must have been positive for them. Also, Islam was growing and still is and I knew in my heart Muslims were not as portrayed in the media.

3. Why or what convinced you?

Easy answer to this- Allah - I can name earthly sources but I know the ultimate source and the one who opens my heart is Allah swt.

4. How did you manage to handle the truth?

Not very well as I havent yet taken the Shahadah for the reasons in my earlier post.

5. What are your plans?

I'm a law/french student and I hope to finish it, qualify etc and get a job. Incidentally, it is very important for me to have a good job because I am motivated by the Islamic value of the man/husband looking after the house and providing for his family. I would like to go abroad I guess at some point.

As for my Deen, that really is out of my hands I think. I am sorry I can't type more but it is well into the morning now :D

sword of islam

wahalikom salam warahmato allah wabaraka toh
im a new member on this web site too .it's really great to know that muslims all over the world do care a lot about keeping their beliefs and muslim identity . may ALLAH bless you in you journey of islam discovery . yeah actually there are lots of interesting videos about islam on the web .most of them are free to download .it would also be good to share them with muslims all over the world ..it's really great to feel much more concerned about Allah than parents ..it's a deep sighn of true "iman" ...
welcome again in our digital world of muslims of the world .
salam
salam alikom sister .