Love

Bilal Ahmed

Islam my way of life
Asalaam Aleykum

LOVE very powerful word

If a brother came up 2 you and said i love u wat will be your reaction.
would you say i love you 2? or jus punch him st8 on the face.

The Prophet (pboh) said "if a man love his brother, let him tell him that he love him."

Be honest what will u do if a brother out of the blue say i love you.

Aliyah206

well of course it'll be the scarest momment but i'd trun red in the face and walk away..and ask for time to think about the reply..

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

I would definitely have 20 million different thoughts if someone said that out of the blue who is of the other sex.Usually though when someone catches me offguard I will speak to them in another language and pretend I did not understand :D
I do not mind though if a sister tells me that because I tell my sisters I love them everyday. When you tell someone you love them, it lifts any hardness off of their heart at that moment and people will remember that.

:wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I would at gulp first, then giggle, then give him a hug :D

Actually, I wouldn't feel that comfy unless they said "I love you for the sake of Allah", in which case I would give a sigh of relief. It's a lot easier to say it through a hug alone though, without words. Salam alaikum.

Asalaam Aleykum

LOVE very powerful word

The Prophet (pboh) said "if a man love his brother, let him tell him that he love him."

I dont get the question do you mean if a brother came up to you and said they loved you for the sake of Allah [which i doubt a brother will say that to a random sister]

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Asalaam Aleykum

LOVE very powerful word

salam alekikum
Broother Are u planning just to go and tell it to somebody and u need some advise?

hm I don't know what to say ....but my reaction would be probably negative.There are many other ways to show love and care about some one ,without saying it,well I dont know

wasalam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Asalaam Aleykum

LOVE very powerful word

AssalaamuAlaikum,

I surprise some of my friends by calling them "Darling". They wonder for sometime. Darling just means "loved one" but people think it is just for the opposite gender.

Wassalaam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
I dont get the question do you mean if a brother came up to you and said they loved you for the sake of Allah [which i doubt a brother will say that to a random sister]

Random Sister? :)
I think he will not say this to anyone except "that" sister. But then he might not mention "for the sake of Allah". :D

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Asalaam Aleykum

LOVE very powerful word

Wa alaikumussalaam,

Ofcourse, if he/she is someone I do not know I'd think he's crazy or taking advantage so I'd just roll my eyes and walk away. :SMILY26: That would be so creepy.

muharram23

Staff member
well of course it'll be the scarest momment but i'd trun red in the face and walk away..and ask for time to think about the reply..

Salamu alaykum,

first of all the brother has the right to say to his wife(if married) i love you, to his mother, father, who ever is mahrem to him. Also, brothers in islam he can say that. Is much better saying for love you for the sake of Allah. However, im sure the brother didnt mean saying it to sisters who are not mahrem. First of all, the sisters are not his wifes so he doesnt have the right to say. We have been so misguided with the kuffars actions that we wanna do them also. No brother or sister in islam if they have shyness, will ever say something like this. Shaytan is doing his thing. If a guy would tell a non mahram sister i love you, more likely he is saying it in a way to seduce her or even take her heart. If a brother saw a sister and he likes her/ let him talk to her parents or brothers and ask for marriage and inshaAllah if you get married, you can tell her as many times "i love you" as you want. Got it! Barakallah feekum.
:)

Assalamu alaykuk:astag:

Random Sister? :)
I think he will not say this to anyone except "that" sister. But then he might not mention "for the sake of Allah". :D

uh-huh i see..well if "that" sister is his wife then mashallah...[dnt expect me to write what i would do? hehe]

But i dont think it's right to say this to a sister [that you not married to or atleast engaged]...if his feelings are genuine i would recommend he gives the sister's folks a visit after he does his prayers and everything.

If a brother was to say this to me though i will probably consider his actions un-pious and just walk away and if he repeats his actions i would report him to [ofcourse my 7brothers: rolf]

Bilal Ahmed

Islam my way of life
Asalaam Aleykum,

I dont think you lot have read the saying of our Prophet (pboh) properly.

The Prophet said "if a man loves his BROTHER, let him tell him that he loves him"

Your say it to your friend and brother in islam.

Anyway i got this book called THE IDEAL MUSLIM, in it there is a chapter called The Muslim and His friend and brothers In Islam, after reading that i was wondering if i should say if because people might take it the wrong way.

I am post a section of it please have a read of it.

Thank you.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

Imagine this Brother, you're walking with your sister somewhere and some random Brother comes out of nowhere and says straight to your sister " I LOVE YOU"! What would your reaction be? How would your sister feel? I don't think either of you would be having positive thoughts.

wasalam

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
OMG

i would seriously be like are u kidding me??...becuz things like that wouldn't happen frequently... i would kinda be scared of him cuz i don't kno him and he randomly comes up and says i love u....:)

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Well lets not take things out of context. Its not meant for telling the opposite genders. A brother cannot out of nowhere go and tell a random sister. People would take advantage out of it. But a brother loves his brothers for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala. Its a feeling for Unity and brotherhood.

A Muslim is a mirror to another Muslim.

Ofcourse the whole Ummah is one body, but we got to remember the fact that shaitan is always present to disrupt our Eeman.

May Allah save us from the fitnah of this world, from the fitnah of Dajjal, from the evil whisperings of the shaitan and from the hellfire.

wa/salam

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Yes It's nice to your brother know that you love them by saying ''I love you for the sake of Allah (SWT), but if the brother does not know who I am, whether I am practicing muslims, or not, and comes from nowhere and say I love you for the sake of Allah (SWT), my immediate response will be '' Ahbabaka Allah fema Ahbabtani beh'', and then I will ask whether we do know each other (with respect!!)..

But in the other case, if I am down the street with my sister, and someone came up up to us and told my sis ''He loves her'', I'll ask her, whether she knows him, if the answer is no, then How would he know if she's my sister, or wife.... (disrespect!).. ummmmm, if he looks like a practicing muslim, I would tell him his mistake, but if he is CoOOl Life type of lad, things might turn ugly.... (Just kidding!!!).. One way or the other, he didnt respect my presence, but I wouldn't jump to conclusion..

Amirah84

I think many of us are misunderstanding br Bilal.

I think he's trying to say what the reaction would be if he said it to a brother, I assume a brother he knows. Not a random sister walking down the street, or someones sister etc.

I hear sisters saying that they love such and such for the sake of Allah and mashaAllah that's brilliant. It increases the love between the sisters.

Take care everyone,
Sister Amirah