What did you eat for sahoor this morning?

How did the food for sahoor taste this morning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
lolz it seems as if uv had somefin boaring for sehri 2day.lolz.

:salam2:

Lol since I go to the university I am not with my parents who don't mind cooking :D I opted for the bagel, fruit, yogurt, dates, juice and water for suhoor :D Insha Allah maybe this weekend I will cook something more exciting.

:wasalam:

zakiyah

muslim sis

Lol since I go to the university I am not with my parents who don't mind cooking :D I opted for the bagel, fruit, yogurt, dates, juice and water for suhoor :D Insha Allah maybe this weekend I will cook something more exciting.

:wasalam:

WAW thats gr8 so u know how to cook.thats amazing mashallah.:SMILY105: :biggrin:

al-muslimah

sahoor

how can you guys cook heavy meals in sahoor,rice curry,etc..how can you sleep after that?! Lol we syrians dont eat that much,i mean we eat normal meals such as fried eggs,cheese,olive,youghurt all these together are called"Hawadir"date with milk is also popular in our sahoor and i wont forget drinking one BIG bottel of water it sure lasts at end of the day haha,thats all about my sahoor:biggrin: , mama makes it.

The Messenger of Allaah (pbuh) said:
“The Sahoor is a meal of blessings, so do not leave it, even if one of you just takes a (gulp) of water, since Allaah sends mercy and His angels seek forgiveness for those who take the Sahoor.”
Authenticated by Al-Albaanee (Saheeh-ut-Targheeb, 1070; Saheeh-ul-Jaami`, 3683).

saima11

sorry heavy stuff dont go for us too,toast or cereals good for us cnt imagine a curry in d morning.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Asalaamu Alaikum, dear respected Brothers and Sisters,

Ramadan mubarak! =) Alhamdulilah it's finally here again for Muslims to come together in prayer and community; and Satan is off locked away in Hell. =)

This morning I made 4 pieces of toast, 3 slices of fried halal chicken roast, and 4 scrambled eggs with green pepper, red onion, tomato, and a little cheese. To boot I took a double-dose of my multivitamins! 2 glasses of cranberry juice, 2 glasses of water as well. Hopefully that should all keep me satisfied throughout the day. =o)

WaAlaikum Salaam

Maria Norway

salamaleikum!!

Alhamdulilah im doing my first ramadan inshallah. I had two little slices of toast this morning with banana and water.. And I think i will have to rethink what im going to have tomorrow because i already have a pounding headache and my tummy is rumbling...eehhhh..magrib is not until another 5 hours or so..

Inshallah Allah will make it easy for all of us and I rpay we have a successful ramadan!

Maria :hijabi:

Asalaamu Alaikum, dear respected Brothers and Sisters,

Ramadan mubarak! =) Alhamdulilah it's finally here again for Muslims to come together in prayer and community; and Satan is off locked away in Hell. =)

This morning I made 4 pieces of toast, 3 slices of fried halal chicken roast, and 4 scrambled eggs with green pepper, red onion, tomato, and a little cheese. To boot I took a double-dose of my multivitamins! 2 glasses of cranberry juice, 2 glasses of water as well. Hopefully that should all keep me satisfied throughout the day. =o)

WaAlaikum Salaam

Asalaamalikum,

I see you're getting your protein on :SMILY346: I usually make a protein shake and add milk, vanilla cream + protein powder, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, and peanut butter all into the blender. Eggs, cereal, bagel are also good.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Well brother I can't really explain how I ate;
lions_den said:
Me? My wife cooked some lovely chicken and green pepper curry, which i had with boiled white rice!! (May Allah reward her Ameeen!)

But I actually ate kind of like what you ate. Except I don't eat pepper curry, I ate the kind of Chicken that my mom makes, but it was good though!

I didn't beast on the food though, ever since I came from Bangladesh (I've lost 10 pounds), I only eat a plate of food or a little more because if I eat a lot, I get a stomach acke. :lol:

And yes brother, we should make dua for the Ummah, especially in Malaysia, Indonisia, and Bangladesh because there's been an extremely large flood in Bangladesh (and it mostly hurt the good Muslims who do Salat and Ruza), and they don't even have enough food for Sehri or to break their Ruza! And in Indonisia and Malaysia, (and other palces like Thialand too), there's been an erathquake and the Muslims won't be able to do their Ruza because of food, and the hospitals are gonna be packed with people.

I'll make dua for the Ummah soon Inshallah.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
salamaleikum!!

Alhamdulilah im doing my first ramadan inshallah. I had two little slices of toast this morning with banana and water.. And I think i will have to rethink what im going to have tomorrow because i already have a pounding headache and my tummy is rumbling...eehhhh..magrib is not until another 5 hours or so..

Inshallah Allah will make it easy for all of us and I rpay we have a successful ramadan!

Well, sister, I think it'd help if you stay in bed all day or sleep cause that won't take out a lot of energy, and then you won't be able to suffer cause your sleeping and you won't feel your headache (unless you wake up a little early LOL).

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salamaleikum!!

salam aleikum
dont worry sister
Its just first day is like this ,its little bit hard ,then it will go very easy inshaAllah
I never even take sohor ,but I feel fasting easy ,mashAllah.
my last meal is around 10 0r 11 pm ,then hamdulillah all day im ok

waaleikum salam

Salafisister

Alhamdulillah!!! I was just soooo excited for Ramadaan to come that I was awake before the time of sahur!...lol So I had time to fix a proper breakfast. MashaAllah, I enjoyed turkey bacon, eggs,toast and juice while listening to an Islamic lecture( very very relaxing atmospher). To those who did not eat sahur because of lack of food,I make dua for you and for those who did not eat sahur because of sleep or laziness, remember the Prophet,sallallahu alahi wasalaam, said : "Take the Sahur for there is a blessing in it."

The first days are the most difficult,because maybe with 2 or 3 hours left in the day, all you can think of is food and what you are going to eat...lol As sister Aisha said, it will become easier, InshaAllah

Your breakfast sounds like dinner here in the US...lol ( chicken, rice, etc...) May Allah reward your wife for fixing such a meal for breakfast to keep her husband thru the day...Ameen

Salafisister

As-Salaamu Alaikum

zahidrahman

Suhoor

Assalamu alaikum sister Maria,

I think it is a little difficult initially for everyone, especially trying to fast for the first time. But then you get used to it and it becomes quite easy. I remember when I was a kid and had to fast for the first time. It was quite hard. It is just a matter of time and practice.

Even for those who have been fasting for many many years, usually the first day is a little tiring, at least for me.

Inshallah, Allah will make it easy for you and for all of us. I wish and pray to Allah to make this first Ramdan of yours a memorable one. I also pray to Allah that we all make the best of this wonderful month. Aameen.

By the way what is the Suhoor and Iftar time in Norway? I live in Dubai and for us it is approx. 4:20AM and 6:30PM respectively.

Bye

Zahid