Pharaon pictures

abou haytam

salam o alikom

i see this question on the thread titled '' 100 question on qoran ''

the 41st question is :

41) Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur'an that his body is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
A) Fir'aun. (Pharaoh)

here are his pic for those who never seen it. he is Ramssis 2 i think, correct me if i am wrong.

PS: can you provide please the verse that mentioned it.

Attachments

• pharaon.jpg
    pharaon.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 949
  • pharaon 1.jpg
    pharaon 1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,104

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Allahu Akbar!

It cannot be described in words.

There is a picture of Pharaoh Minfitah in the time of Musa (A.S) in the Atlas of the Qur'an.

SubhanAllah!

So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs , revelations, etc.).

[10:92]

Wasalam

dianne

salam o alikom

the 41st question is :

41) Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur'an that his body is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
A) Fir'aun. (Pharaoh)

here are his pic for those who never seen it. he is Ramssis 2 i think, correct me if i am wrong.

Surah Number 85: Al-Burûj (Zodiacal Signs)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 22

ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. By heaven in which are zodiacal signs.
2. And by the promised day.
3. And by the day which is a witness, and by the day, they are presented.
4. Cursed be the fellows of the ditch,
5. Of the blazed fire,
6. when they sat by them;
7. And they were themselves witnesses to what they were doing with muslims.
8. And what they thought bad of muslims only this that they believed in Allah, the Dignified, all Praised.
9. He for Whom is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is a witness over all things.
10. Those who persecuted the muslim men and women, and then repented not, for them is the torment of Hell and for them is the torment of fire.
11. Undoubtedly, those who believed and did good deeds, for them are Gardens beneath which springs flow. This is the great triumph.
12. Undoubtedly, the seizing of your Lord is, severe.
13. Undoubtedly, He begins first and then repeats.
14. And He is the Most Forgiving the Loving to His righteous bondmen.
15. The Owner of the Honour able Throne.
16. The Doer of whatever He wills.
17. Have the words of the hosts come to you?
18. Which hosts? of Firawn (Pharoah) and Thamud.
19. But rather the infidels are busy in belying.
20. And Allah has encompassed l them from behind.
21. But it is a glorious Quran.
22. In well guarded tablet.

Wassalam:hijabi:

twas19

salamo alaikum

Yes this is ramses the 2nd King of Egypt between 1304 and 1237 BC who built many monuments.but there is another picture i have seen the body is said to be found from the red sea

dianne

Surah Number 54: Al-Qamar (The Moon)

Revealed at: Makkah

Total Verses: 55

ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.

The Hour came near and the moon was split.
And if they see any sign, they turn their faces and say this is magic perpetual.
And they belied and followed their desires, and every affair has already been resolved.
And undoubtedly, there has come to them those tidings wherein there was enough to check.
Perfect wisdom, but warners profit them not.
So, turn you away from them. The day when the caller will call towards a harsh unrecognized thing.
Casting down their eyes, they will come out of the Graves as they are locusts scattered.
Hastening towards the Caller. The infidels will say, 'this day is hard'.
The people of Nuh belied before them, they declared Our bondman to be liar and said, 'he is a madman and scolded him'.
He therefore prayed to his Lord, saying 'I am vanquished, do then take revenge for me.
Then We opened the doors of heaven with forceful flowing water.
And We made the earth flow with springs, so the two waters met to such a quantity, which was already decreed.
And We bore Nuh on a thing of planks and nails.
Floating before Our eyes, a recompense for him who was rejected.
And We left it as a sign. Is there then any one who would pay attention?
Therefore, how were My torment and My warnings?
And verily, We have made Quran easy for remembering, is there then any one to remember?
Aad belied, then how was My torment and My warnings?
Surely, We sent against them a strong windstorm in a day whose ill-fortune remained lasting over them.
It used to beat down the men as though they are the roots of uprooted palm trees.
Then how were My torment and My warning?
And undoubtedly, We made the Quran easy for remembering is there then any one to remember,
Thamud belied the Messengers.
And they said, 'shall we follow a man from among our selves? Then we in deed are misled and mad.
Has the Reminder been sent down upon him from all among us? Nay, rather he is great liar, self-boaster.
Very soon, tomorrow they will know who was a big liar, self-boaster?
We are to send the she Camel for their trial, therefore O Saleh! Watch them and have patience.
And inform them that the water has been divided between them in shares. He who has his turn should be presented at the share.
Then they called their companion and he after taking the sword hamstrung her.
Then how were My torment and My warnings?
We sent against them a single uproar, hence they became like the left over grass of enclosure builders, dry, trampled.
And verily, We made the Quran easy for remembering, is there then any one to remember?
The people of Lut belied the Messengers.
Verily, We sent over them a storm of stones except the family of Lut. We rescued them by early dawn.
As a favour from Us. Thus do We recompense him who is grateful.
And surely, he had warned them of Our grasp, but they doubted in the Commandments of warning.
They intended to solicit him from his guests, so We obliterated their every saying, 'taste My torment and My warning.
And undoubtedly, there came upon them early in the morning a lasting torment.
Taste then My torment and My warning.
And undoubtedly, We made Quran easy for remembering. Is there then any one to remember?
And verily the Messengers came to the people of Firawn (Pharoah).
They belied all Our signs Then We seized them with a grave befitting to the dignity of the Honourable and the All Authoritative.
Are your infidels better than those? Or have you an exemption in the Scriptures'
Or is it that they say, 'We shall take revenge all-together'.
Now this multitude is being driven out and they will turn their backs.
Nay, rather the Hour is their promise and the Hour is the hardest and bitterest.
Surely, the culprits are misled and mad.
The day when they shall be dragged into the fire on their faces and it will be said to them, 'taste the flame of the Hell.
Undoubtedly, We created every thing according to an estimate.
And Our work is only a matter as the twinkling of an eye.
And undoubtedly, We have destroyed your likes, is there anyone to look into?
And whatever they have done is in the Books.
And everything, small or big has been written down.
Undoubtedly, the pious are in gardens and stream.
In the sitting of truth before the sovereign Most Authoritative.

twas19

mumya3.jpg

here it is

another one

firavunmumya.jpg

dianne

Glorious Quran

Regarding Pharoah's Fate

By : Ansar Al-'Adl

The allegation is as follows:

Was Pharaoh Drowned or Saved when chasing Moses and the Israelites? Saved [10:92], drowned [28:40, 17:103, 43:55].

Since it is well-established amongst Muslims that Pharaoh was drowned, we need only examine verse 10:92 in context, which is the basis upon which the critic builds his argument:
10:90-92. And We took the Children of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh and his army pursued them in oppression and enmity. At length, when he began to drown, he said: "I believe that none has the right to be worshipped but the One in Whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am one of the Muslims." [We declared] "Now (you believe) while you refused to believe before and you were one of the evil-doers. [Thus, you shall never be forgiven] but this day We shall deliver you as a corpse (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our signs.

1. The claim is based on a misinterpretation of verse 10:92, specifically the phrase 'falyawma nunajjîka bibadanika', that 'this day we shall deliver you as a corpse'. The misinterpretation arises from some translations rendering the phrase as "this day we shall save you in your body", which can be confusing to the reader since the key point to note is that Pharoah was not saved, but his dead body was preserved and delivered from the sea for the Children of Israel as proof of his death. This explanation has been provided in many books of tafsir (Qur'anic exegesis), for example the renowned scholar Ibn Kathir Ad-Damishqi (d.1372CE) writes in his Tafsir Al-Qur'an Al-Azim:

About Allah's statement,
(So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you!)
Ibn 'Abbas and others from among the Salaf have said:
"Some of the Children of Israel doubted the death of Fir'awn (Pharoah) so Allah commanded the sea to throw his body - whole, without a soul - with his known armor plate. The body was thrown to a high place on the land so that the Children of israel could confirm his death and destruction." (fn. At-Tabari 15:196). That is why Allah said,
(So this day we shall deliver you..") meaning that we will put your body on a [raised] place on the earth. Mujahid said,
"(your (dead) body) means, 'your physical body.'" (fn. At-Tabari 15:197).
(that you may be a sign to those who came after you!) meaning, so that might be proof of your death and destruction for the Children of Israel. (Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Abridged, Darussalam Publishers & Distributors 2000, vol. 4, pp. 653-654)
Thus, Ibn Kathir explains, by quoting the traditional understanding of the earliest Muslims, that this phrase only signifies that the dead body of Phraoah was delivered from the Sea. This is confirmed by many narrations found in the tafsir of Imam Ibn Jarir At-Tabari (d. 923CE):
God says that He told Pharaoh that We shall throw your body on a raised piece of land so that people see you dead, whoever has any doubts about your death.
...Muhammad Ibn Sa'd told me: My father told me: My uncle told me that his father reported from his own father who reported that Ibn 'Abbâs commented on "falyawma nunajjîka bibadanika litakûna liman khalfaka 'âyah" that God saved Pharaoh from the sea for the sake of the Children of Israel so that they looked at him after he was drowned. If one asked why say "bibadanika" and whether it would be possible for Pharaoh to be saved without his body so that one needs to specify "bibadanika". It would be said that Pharaoh could be saved as a body without life/soul meaning lifeless. (ARABIC SOURCE)
A similar explanation is given in the tafsir of Fakhr Al-Din Ar-Razi (d. 1209CE), in which he clarifies the meaning of several phrases in the verse:
There are certain aspects that need explanation in "Today We shall save you as a body": Firstly, "We shall save you" means We shall throw you [out of the water] on a plateau, which is a raised piece of land. Secondly: We shall bring you out of the waters and relieve you from what has befallen your people in the pit of the sea, but only after you have drowned. The phrase "as a body" is a circumstantial phrase, implying that 'such would be your situation at that time that you shall be a body, without life'. Thirdly, this is a promise of relief for the Pharaoh, by way of sarcasm, as the Qur'an has said [elsewhere] 'give them the glad tidings of a painful punishment'. This is as if to say to Pharaoh: We shall relieve you, but this relief shall be granted to your body only, not to your soul. (Tafsir Al-Kabir, SOURCE)
And the following explanation is found in Tafsir Al-Jalalayn, written by Imam Jalal Ad-Deen Al-Muhalla (d. 1460CE) and his student, Jalal Al-Din As-Suyuti (d. 1505CE):
"falyawma nunajjîka" [meaning] We will deliver you from the sea; "bibadanika" [meaning] as a corpse devoid of life/soul; "litakûna liman khalfaka" [meaning as a sign for those who would come] afterwards... (ARABIC SOURCE)
The above detailed commentaries have been cited so as to leave no doubt in the reader's mind concerning the unanimous agreement amongst Muslim scholars on this issue - that these verses imply that Pharoah was drowned, while his body was preserved. It by no means can be taken to mean that Pharoah was saved as such an interpretation would conflict with the literal arabic wording, other parts of the Qur'an, and the statements from the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the early Muslims.

2. Some critics also raise the question as to who is conveying the words in verses 10:91-92 to Pharoah. According to them, this verse necessitates that he is either a Prophet since God is speaking to him directly, or a Prophet must be there whil he is drowning speaking these words to him. This objection is flawed for several reasons.
First of all, even though God is the speaker addressing Pharoah in verses 10:91-92, this does not necessitate that God's words were actually heard by Pharoah. We can find many analogous exampls in our daily lives. For instance, a hunter loses his prey and mutters, "You won't get away! I'll hunt you down wherever you may hide!" Thus, it is common for a statement to be directed towards someone but not intended for that individual to hear. Nevertheless, the words conveyed to us in verse 10:91-92 may heave been heard by the Angels or inhabitants of heaven, or it is possible that an Angel may have conveyed them to Pharoah - the verse simply doesn't specify which, as it is an irrelevant matter.

3. Some historians and Muslim scholars have identified the 'Pharoah' mentioned in the Qur'an with some Pharoahs from Ancient Egypt, such as Ramses II or Merneptah. Although these may be interesting historical theories, they are not confirmed facts nor do they have any bearing on the Qur'anic message. As Mufti Muhammad Shafi, the late Grand Mufti of Pakistan, writes in his tafsir:
Some time back, newspaper reports indicated that the dead body of Pharoah was found intact and was seen by the public at large and that it was deposited safely in the Cairo Museum. But, it cannot be said with certainty that this is the same Pharoah who confronted Sayyidna Musa (Moses) (peace be upon him), or is some other Pharoah because names of Pharoahs differ. Every ruler of Egypt in that period of history had the title of Pharoah.
But, no wonder, the Divine power had throwned a drowned dead body ashore. Very similarly, it may have kept it even preserved against spoilage so that it could become a lesson for future generations. And it may still be there! (However it remains essential to learn a lesson from it as compared to becoming excited about its discovery as an archaeological triumph). (Shafi, Ma'ariful Qur'an, Maktaba-e-Darul-Uloom, Karachi, 2003, vol. 4, p. 574, emphasis added)
Thus, Muslims should remember that these stories have been revealed in the Qur'an as a lesson and reminder for us, so that we may take heed and serve Allah before it is too late.

The above points should clarify that there is no contradiction between the referred passages in the Qur'an, as nothing has been stated that indicates Pharoah did not drown.

Original website - http://www.load-islam.com/artical_det.php?artical_id=529&section=indepth&subsection=Glorious+Quran

dianne

Attachments

• egypt206sar.jpg
    egypt206sar.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 784
  • ramses1mummy.jpg
    ramses1mummy.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 780
  • pharoah.jpg
    pharoah.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 781
  • pharoah_zoom.jpg
    pharoah_zoom.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 986
  • tutscan305.jpg
    tutscan305.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 775

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
help

im not so educated...so can anyone tell me in ur own words of who he was and what he did...thx jazakallah:shymuslima1:

twas19

salam

His name was rameses 2 King of Egypt between 1304 and 1237 BC who built many monuments.actually he was the pharoah along with haman who you use to torture the people of bani israel they were all there slaves and the prophet musa allayhissalam was the one who was send By Allah (swt) to tell him to free the people of bani israel.

please view the link below for more information:

http://www.quranicrealm.com/viewverses.php?q=28&langs=257

walaikum salam

palestine

Servant of Allah
salam o alikom

the 41st question is :

A) Fir'aun. (Pharaoh)

salam. so tell me, are these pharoah's pics, or the other guy ramse? or is ramse a nickname for pharoah? i heard that whoever sees pharoah's body and does not weep is not a muimin, is that true brothers and sisters? and please clarify for me if this is pharoah's pics. jazakaAllah. he looks horrible anyways.

twas19

salam. so tell me, are these pharoah's pics, or the other guy ramse? or is ramse a nickname for pharoah? i heard that whoever sees pharoah's body and does not weep is not a muimin, is that true brothers and sisters? and please clarify for me if this is pharoah's pics. jazakaAllah. he looks horrible anyways.

:salam2:

Brother ramses is his name not the nickname and his name is not pharaoh its because there generations are called pharaohs.Pharaoh is The title taken by the rulers of ancient Egypt who assumed the duel duties of king and god. Each line of pharaohs formed a dynasty, 31 in all. The title originates from the Egyptian term for ‘great house’ , and Fir'aun in arabic which is mentioned in quran.There came many many pharaohs with different names like tutankhamun, akhanatun , seti , ramses i , ii and queens like nefrateri , tye, Hatshepsut ....etc.And the guy about whom we are talking about is Ramases ii and said to be the same pharoah/fir'aun mentioned in quran who was the enemy of prophet musa allayhissalam.yes this is the picture of the fir'aun.

and so far i have not heard any such things that weather if you dont cry after seeing the mummy of fir'aun you are not a muslim.All pharoahs of egypt were tyrant, arrogant , and corrupt people if you see any of there mummified bodies you may only realize that it is the final fate of such people at the day of judgement Allah(swt) will never ever forgive them.Crying depends upon person to person, muslim egyptian archeologists dont cry when the go inside there temples and find there bodies they just go and do there job that's it.

:wasalam:

BrotherZak

Salam

The usage of the title Fir'oun is imporant and actually a miracle in terms of Prophets Mohammed, why? Let me quote quranicstudies.com

"The word Fir’aun looks to a superpficial observer to be only a difference of pronunciation but this is not so. Pharaoh is undoubtedly the Hebriased title of the King of Egypt. If the Prophet had heard this title from the Jews there was no reason why he should not have used Pharaoh (Fero) in Arabic and its pronunciation was not difficult for the Arabs. But he did not do it and there must be some reason for it. That reason has come to light now from the book of Herodotus, the Greek historian of ancient Greece. He uses Peroun for Pharaoh, the very title the Qur'an has used. Herodotus's information must be direct and first-hand. Was this true also of Muhammad? Yes, in one sense, for the real author of the Qur'an is far better informed than the Jews, and if, later, a Greek historian whose work could never have been consulted by the Prophet in Mecca accidentally comes to confirm the Qur'anic name, it should give some food for reflection to those who glibly talk of Muhammad obtaining his information from the Jews or from the folk-lore popular in Arabia in his days."

amazing..

khalillulah

:salam2:
perfectly the way quraan has described, his skeletol muscles are still intact after 3000 yrs, a great miracle for folks who understand. i had the prevelege to see the remains of i think ramasis II in a museum in memphis, though they returned it back to Egypt because it was stolen and was illegallly sold.
thankz for posting here.
maasalam.