so whats for iftar?

maisha_d

:salam2:

iftar is about ...45 minutes away and today i had a real hard time thinking of something to make for iftar..anyhow so what did you have for iftar? hehe inshAllah this thread will give me ideas for tommorow's iftar!!

:wasalam:

ps. today we're going to have naan bread +beef curry +salad + soup + shish kababs + chickpea dish...

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
hmmmm good question sister ,I deffenetly need some ideas too :)
I have an hour left ,I'll be taking dates for sure to brake the fast ,then I have no idea:SMILY231:

wasalam

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I break fast in 10 mins. Since there is a huge football game tonight I cannot get out of my apartment. They block the roads :( So I will have some frozen bagel bites and cheeze its :D ..No homecooked meals for me

BrotherZak

I break fast in 10 mins. Since there is a huge football game tonight I cannot get out of my apartment. They block the roads :( So I will have some frozen bagel bites and cheeze its :D ..No homecooked meals for me

Salam hope you enjoy it..i hurried back home from work i had my first iftar with the family this ramadan...yummy

kayleigh

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich Thursday. Rice vegetables Friday. Pizza today. Not very appetizing, but I should be thankful that I even have food.

fma6

Thirsty4Knowledge
I'll have dates first.....then spaghetti avec meatballs....dont really need a big meal..i get full with the dates!alhamdulillah

the sister who started this thread....mashallah sis...u have so much planned for today....wat more can u need? i got ideas from u already:))jazak allah

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Salam hope you enjoy it..i hurried back home from work i had my first iftar with the family this ramadan...yummy

Lucky you get to eat with the family. I did enjoy the bagel bites and my cheerios :D I should of cooked but I was zonked from doing 60 pounds of laundry :/

I only get to visit the family for 4 weeks in December and every other summer.

Veiled_Knight

wow reading all these makes me c that i eat alot for iftar
in our home the table has to always be full with food before we start breaking the fast.
Alhamdulilah. i came from traweeh now n should go to sleep
salam sis

azmi

well this is the 4th day, and still 4 hours to go. well the 1st day was special food from my mom, for the ta'jil only some glass of water and indonesian traditional food. and for the big meal was rice and rendang. as for today iftar still don't know what will my mother cook

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I never wanted to read this thread...but still I read through what you guys were cooking. :p couldn't stop my temptation to learn more food items. :biggrin:

wa/salam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
well this is the 4th day, and still 4 hours to go. well the 1st day was special food from my mom, for the ta'jil only some glass of water and indonesian traditional food. and for the big meal was rice and rendang. as for today iftar still don't know what will my mother cook

Rendang is nice, :mashallah:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

I never wanted to read this thread...but still I read through what you guys were cooking. :p couldn't stop my temptation to learn more food items. :biggrin:

wa/salam
I felt the same bro, ppl who write here dont have any idea that some other members might see this at the very begining or in the middle of their fast .... :rolleyes:

Zarra

The first night we had spicy deep fried chicken goujon in wraps with salad, alamdilah, the second night I was on my own and had tuna and sweetcorn bagels. Last night was the lovely chicken goujons again and tonight it's butter chicken with rice and salad. I'm gonna marinade some lamb chops for tomorrow night later on I think. We always open iftah with some dates and water, watching the Islam channel, mashallah.