Take a look.... Now this is told 1400yrs ago!!!!

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]Take a look.... Now this is told 1400yrs ago!!!!

* Camels will no longer be used as a means of transport;
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]* People will ride on saddles that aren't saddles (cars?)
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]* The distance on earth will become short;
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]* Horses will not be used in wars; [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]
Muslims will defeat the Byzantines which will end with the conquest of Constantinople Istanbul);

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS]*[/FONT] The Jews will gather again to live in Bilad Canaan;

Very tall buildings will be built;

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS] The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance, with much killing;[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS]
[/FONT]
Adultery will become widespread, and the drinking of wine will become common;

The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there are 50 women to be looked after by one man.

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS]*[/FONT]
Islam will become worn out like clothes are, until no one will know what fasting, prayer, charity and rituals are;

Allah will send a disease to fornicators that will have no cure (Aids?);

People will begin to believe in the stars and reject AL QADAR (THE DIVINE DECREE OF DESTINY);

Men will pass by people's graves and say: "Would that I were in his place"; (large amount of sucidal deaths?)

The Euphrates will uncover a mountain of gold for which people will fight over (the river of Alfurat that lies near Syria);

* Two large groups of people will fight one another, and there will be many casualties; they will both be following the same religion World War II?);

* Approximately 30 DAJJALS will appear, each one claiming to be the messenger of ALLAH;

Earthquakes will increase; * Time will pass quickly;

Afflictions will appear;

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS] Killing will increase;[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS]
[/FONT]*
Wealth will increase;

Women will be wearing clothes but not wearing clothes
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]* THE PROPHET (saw) SAID: "IF MY UMMAH BEARS 15 TRAITS (QUALITIES), TRIBULATION WILL FOLLOW IT." (DAY OF JUDGEMENT) SOMEONE ASKED,"WHAT ARE THEY O MESSENGER OF ALLAH?" HE (saw) SAID: [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]* When any gain is shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor;[/FONT][/FONT]
* When a trust becomes a means of making profit;

When paying ZAKKAT becomes a burden;

When voices are raised in the mosque;

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS] When the leader of a people is the worst of them; [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS]when people treat a man with respect because what he may do;[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet
MS]
[/FONT]
* When much wine is drunk; red wind or the earth swallow them, or to be transformed into animals."
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]* 'IMRAN IBN HUSAYN SAID: "THE PROPHET (AS) SAID, 'SOME PEOPLE OF THIS UMMAH WILL BE SWALLOWED BY THE EARTH, TRANSFORMED INTO ANIMALS, AND SOME WILL BE BOMBARDED WITH STONES'. ONE OF THE MUSLIMS ASKED, WHEN WILL THAT BE O MESSENGER Of ALLAH?' HE SAID, 'WHEN SINGERS AND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS WILL BECOME POPULAR, AND MUCH
WINE IS DRUNK.'" THE GREATER SIGNS OF THE HOUR The Quran will disappear in one night, even from the people's hearts, and no Ayah will be left on earth. (Some groups of old people will be left who will say: "We heard of fathers' saying "LAILLAHA ILLA ALLAH" so we repeat it);
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]* The appearance of the MAHDI;[/FONT][/FONT]
* The appearance of the DAJJAL (Anti Christ); * The appearance of Ya'juj and Ma'juj (biblical Gog and Magog);

Isa (Jesus) will come during the time of Dajjal;

The rising of the sun from the west;

* The destruction of the Ka'ba and the recovery of its treasures;

* The smoke.

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]If we could get arrested for being a Muslim,
Would The police have enough evidence to bring us in?
Why is it so hard to tell the truth but yet so easy to tell a lie?
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]Just remember- Allah[FONT=Trebuchet
MS] is watching you.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=tahoma, sans-serif]Let's continue praying for one another.
As we look at this article we realize how true the
Messenger (P.B.U.H) was these signs were prophesized 1400 years ago!!!
[/FONT][/FONT]

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Jazakallaahu Khayr for that sister. Informative indeed. What more of the Qur'an explaining the development of the embryo in a mother's womb? SubhanAllaah!

danial

i read this outside a mosque before.where is the part where "women will walk the market wearing undecently" or something like that.haha..mayb im wrong.

Jihan

* People will begin to believe in the stars and reject AL QADAR (THE DIVINE DECREE OF DESTINY); reminds me of the newspapers with the horoscopes where many Americans can't start their day without reading it.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Amazing especially the part about women being dressed but undressed...so true. And the wine! Its almost an insult in some places not to be served wine with food.

muhammad.abdullah

AOA

bravo sister! that really refreshed my eeman. Thanks a lot. I need some more information about music being haram, can anyone help me on that...

wasalm

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Listening to music and singing is a sin and cause for the sickening and weakening of the heart. The majority of the scholars of the Salaf are unanimous that listening to music and singing and using musical instruments is Haram (prohibited).

Evidence that Music and Singing are Haram

1. Allaah said, what translated means, "And of mankind he who purchases idle talks to mislead (people) from the Path of Allaah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allaah) by way of mockery, For such there will be a humiliating torment." [31:6].

Al-Wahidi , along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Qur'aan), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayah is singing. The following companions gave this Tafsir: Ibn Abbas, Ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah . Ibn Masud said, "By Allaah, whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

2. The Prophet said (which means), "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allaah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v].

This Hadeeth states that musical instruments are Haram, and there is no disagreement among the scholars on this. In his book, Ighathat Al-Lahfan, Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "When the Prophet said, 'render as lawful,' he meant that it was unlawful, then the people made it lawful."

3. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, group of this nation will be transformed into monkeys and swine." They said, "Do not they testify that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammed is His Messenger?" He said, "Yes. And also they fast pray and perform Hajj." They said, "Then, what is their problem?" He said, "They use musical instruments, drums and female singers. (One day) they will go to sleep after a night of drinking and having fun, In the morning, they will be transformed (by Allaah) into monkeys and swine." [Iughathat Al-Lahfan].

4. Allaah said, criticizing the Kuffar's worship around the Kaa'bah, what translated means, "Their prayer at the House (Kaa'bah) was nothing but Muka'an and Tasdiyah." [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, Atiyyah, Muj ahid, Ad-Dhahh'ak, AlHasan and Qatadah said that Muka'an means whistling, and that Tasdiyah means clapping of hands.
Sayings of the Scholars Regarding Music and Singing

Imam IbnTaymiyyah said, "Listening to music and sinful fun are among what strengthens the satanic ways the most. This is exactly what the disbeliever's used to do. Allaah said, And their prayer at the House (of Allaah) was nothing but Muka 'an and Tasdiyah. [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, ibn Umar and others said that Tasdiyah is clapping of hands, and that Muka'an is whistling. This was the Mushrikeen's way of worship. The Prophet and his companions worshipped Allaah , according to His order, in their prayer, reading the Qur'aan and Dhikr (supplication). It never occurred that the Prophet and his companions gathered to listen to singing that is accompanied by clapping or using drums."

Imam Ibn Taymiyyah also said regarding the person, whose habit is to listen to music, "His state of emotions becomes less passionate when he hears the Qur'aan. On the contrary, when he listens to instruments of the devil (music), he dances a lot. If the prayer is established, he either prays while sitting down or performs it as fast as when the roaster picks seeds. He dislikes listening to the Qur'aan and does not find beauty in it while reciting it. He has no taste for the Qur'aan and feels no love for it or pleasure when it is read. Rather, he finds pleasure if he listens to Mukaa' or Tasdiyah. These are satanic pleasures and he is among those whom Allaah mentioned in the Ayah, And whosoever turns away from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allaah), We appoint for him Satan to be a companion for him. [43:36]." [Awliyaa' Ar-Rahman].

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "Of the tricks of the enemy of Allaah, Satan, that he uses to trap those who do not enjoy much intelligence, knowledge or sincerity in religion, are M ukaa' and Tasdiyah. These people of ignorance listen to and use musical instruments that are prohibited and which lead the hearts to abandoning the Qur'aan. These hearts are indulging in sin and disobedience of Allaah. Music, then, is Satan's Qur'aan and the barrier between one and Allaah. It is the way to sodomy and adultery. With it, the lover finds what he seeks and dreams of sinful love. Satan has trapped the weak hearts in the love of singing and made it beautiful to them. Satan reveals to his agents' fake proofs that they use as evidence to the beauty of singing. These people accept Satan's revelation and, as a consequence, abandon the Qur'aan. When you witness them while listening, you will find them silent in humbleness, sitting idle and their hearts are concentrating and totally enjoying music and singing. Their hearts will feel closer to music, as if they were drunk. They dance and move in a suggestive manner, like faggots and whores. And why not? They are drunk with the pleasure of listening to music and singing and act accordingly. For other than Allaah, and for Satan, there are hearts that are being broken by sin, and fortunes that are being spent for other than Allaah's Pleasure. They spend their lives in joyful fun and make a mockery of their religion. Instruments of the devil are sweeter to their ears than the Qur'aan. If one of them listens to the Qur'aan from beginning to end, it will have little effect or excitement on him. If Satan's Qur'aan is being performed and heard, they feel joy in their hearts and one can see it in their eyes. Their feet dance, their hands clap, their breathing intensifies and the rest of their bodies feel joy. O you who are trapped in this sin, you who have sold your share of Allaah to Satan, what a losing deal! Why not feels this joy when you listen to the Qur'aan? Why not feel pleasure and comfort when the Glorious Qur'aan is recited? But, everyone seeks what he feels is suitable for him, and ends up with what is really suitable for him." [Ighathat Al-Lahfan].

Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Baz was asked about listening to music and songs, "Is it Haram? I only listen to it for pleasure. What about playing the Rababah (a kind of guitar) and old songs? What about using drums in weddings?"

Sheikh Ibn Baz said, "Listening to music is Haram and a sin. It is a matter that leads to weakening the hearts and abandoning the Dhikr of Allaah and the prayer. The scholars said about the Ayah, And of' mankind he who purchases idle talks [31:6], that idle talks means singing. Abdullaah ibn Masud , the Prophet's companion, used to swear by Allaah that it is singing. If singing is accompanied by the Rababah, 'Ud (Arabic guitar), fiddles or drums, it is even more Haram. Any singing with any instrument is Haram and the scholars are unanimous on this. Therefore, Muslims must be aware of it. The Prophet said, "From among my nation there will be those who render as lawful adultery, silk (for men), AI-Khamr (alcohol) and musical instruments." [Al-Bukhari]. I advise you and others to read the Qur'aan and keep remembering Allaah. I advise you to listen to Qur'aanic programs on the radio. This way, one will find pleasure and will keep busy so he can stay away from music and songs. As for weddings, the Daff (tambourine) can be used along with innocent singing that does not call to sin. This can be done at night, only in weddings and only by and for women. These songs are a way of announcing an Islaamic marriage. The Sunnah of the Prophet supports the above. As for the drums, they are Haram all the time. The Daffis permitted in weddings and only for and by women."

Many Muslims today render music as permissible. This is due to their ignorance or outright defiance of the religion. We ask Allaah that we are among those who listen to the speech and follow the best of what it contains. These are the ones whom Allaah has guided and granted them the bounty of sanity and comprehending minds.

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
FATWAA REGARDING MUSIC

Indeed, all glory and praise is due to Allah. We glorify and praise Him and we ask Him for help and forgiveness. In Allaah we seek refuge from the evils of ourselves and from our wrong doings. He whom Allaah guides shall not be misguided, and he whom He misguides shall never be guided. I bear witness that there is no (true) god except Allaah, alone without any partners, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.

The Question and Answer :

A question that I came across concerning "music and singing" in an Egyptian magazine dated Thul-Qa'dah 29, 1373 H (1) , stated the following:

"I am a Muslim young man. I perform the requirements of the religion (and am very sincere). However, there is something that overwhelms me, which is the passion for music and singing; even though I memorize the noble Qur'aan. Is this passion haraam (forbidden)?"

The answer to this question was provided by an esteem scholar as follows: "If singing does not stimulate sexual desire, we do not find any reason for forbidding it. The Arabs used to chant, sing, and beat the duff (2). Some reports have included a recommendation to beat the duff in marriages. It was also said, 'The distinction between halaal (the permission) and harraam is the duff.' The same argument applies to music.

We note that when the Persian singing, accompanied with musical tones, was introduced during the time of the taabi'oon (3), they took two different positions: One group liked to listen to it and did not find anything in it that contradicted the religion, such as al_Hasn al-Basree. Another group did not like it, and considered it contradictory to zuhd (4) and piety, such as ash_Shi'bee.

At any rate, it is agreed (among the scholars) that as long as it does not stimulate sexual desires, and does not deter from remembering Allaah and the prayers, it (music) inflicts no harm on one's religion!"

Several Errors in a Short Fatwaa:

In this fatwaa (verdict) although short---- there are various errors and illusions that I would not expect a scholar to commit. It contradicts authentic Hadeeths as well as the opinion of most of the reputable scholars. When it was first published, I wrote a response to it and mailed it to the magazine, but it was not published; probably because the magazine's publication was subsequently suspended during the rule of 'Abd un-Naasir.

Therefore I find it important to clarify these errors as briefly as possible, and elaborate only on those related to the subject of this book.
1. The Reason for the Prohibition of Music
The basis for forbidding singing (accompanied with music) is the well established authentic hadeeths in the books of Sunnah. They will be presented, together with their verification by the scholars of Hadeeth, later in this book.
Is the shaykh unaware of these hadeehts, or did it slip him? These are two possibilities; the best of which is still a bitter one!
2. Sexual Desire
UNREALISTIC CONDITION
The Shaykh legislates a condition of his own, "The singing should not stimulate sexual desire." Some of his students, have copied his opinion. The first declares, "There is no harm if singing is accompanied by not stimulating music!"
This condition is not realistic or practical. It cannot be controlled, because what stimulates desire varies with moods; masculine or feminine, old age or youth, warm or cold weather, and so on as should be obvious for the witty.
By Allaah, I am amazed at how those scholars follow one another in setting this condition. In addition to contradicting the authentic hadeeths they contradict the opinions of the Four Imaams (5) and the early scholars. They create conditions unprecedented by any of the respected Imaams.
EVIL CONSEQUENCES
This false condition is bound to lead to bad consequences. Among them is that it causes those who accept it to be involved in types of singing and music that even they [normally] shun! Let us consider the example of one of the student of the Shaykh. He frankly declares, and sometimes even boasts that he listens to the singer Umm Kulthoom, the musician Muhammad Bin 'Abd ul-Wahhaab, and their like! His wife, children, and even his students would watch him listening to this music, as he declares in some of his writings. Can those people who are constrained by their limited knowledge or adolescence, distinguish between sexually stimulating music; so as to block their ears from it, and the other music, so as to listen to it?
THE HANAFEE'S VIEW OF WINES
This condition reminds me of the Hanafee Mathhab's (6) differentiation between the wine derived from the grapes and that derived from other things such as dates and the like. They (the Hanafee scholars) consider the first to be absolutely forbidden, whether taken in little or large amounts, whereas the latter is only haraam if taken in large amounts that cause drunkenness!
How can an individual practically differentiate between small amounts that do not cause drunkenness and large amounts that cause it? And if we admit that this is possible, when would it be verified, is it before drinking, or after becoming drunk? This question was left unanswered by the Hanafee scholars, thereby allowing the drinker to decide for himself?
BECOMING THE MEANS TO EVIL
The previously mentioned scholars have created similar confusion when they differentiated between the forbidden and approved music based on sexual stimulus. Would a person say this if he believes in the Prophet's saying: "And he who roams close to the forbidden land (of a king) will eventually drift into it." (8)
And the Prophet's saying: "Leave that which gives you doubts for that which does not?" (9)
These, as well as many other texts in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, established the rule of "Sadd uth-tharaa'i: blocking the means to evi," one of the features that demonstrate the perfection of the Islaamic Sharee'ah (law). The distinguished scholar Ibn ul-Qayyim has illustrated this rule with tens of examples from the Qur'aan and Sunnah (10), one should be keen to review them, because they are important.
TOUCHING UNRELATED WOMEN
Similar to the differentiation between stimulating and non stimulating music, though worse, is that which I read in a newsletter published by a known Islaamic party. It stated that it is not only permissible for a man to shake a hand of an ajnabee (11) woman when he meets her, but he is further allowed to kiss her as long as he does that with pure intention and without any sexual desires!
THE MANY SHADES OF ZINAA
By permitting illegal kissing and hand shaking between unrelated men and women, or listening to women's singing, those two groups have obviously neglected the direct proofs have obviously neglected the direct proofs concerning these issues. They have also neglected the important rule of sadd uth-tharaa'i which as we have indicated, is supported by a large amount of evidence. They have further neglected a concept that involves a direct refutation of their rationale: The Prophet consider both of the actions that they permits as being forms of zinna (12). He said: "It is destined for the son of Aadam to get his share of zinna, which he will surely attain: the eyes zinaa is (illegitimate) looking;
the ears zinaa is (illegitimate) listening;
the tongue's zinaa is (illegitimate) talking;
the hands zinaa is (illegitimate) acting (or touching) (13);
the feet's zinaa is (illegitimate) walking;
the mouth's zinaa is (illegitimate) kissing; (14)
the heart desires and aspires;
and the sexual organs then confirm this (by committing zinaa) or deny it ( by abstaining)." (15)
This clearly refutes the reasoning of the Shaykh and those who imitated him in restricting the prohibition of music and singing to that which stimulates sexual desires. The correct position is that they are absolutely forbidden. The forthcoming hadeeths (in this book) and the rule of sadd uth-tharaa'i confirm this further.
3. An Arabian Practice
The Shaykh says, "The Arabs used to chant, sing and beat the duff." This statement is invalid from several perspectives, as will be explained below.
A. A NATIONALIST EXPRESSION
It is obvious that the Shaykh means by "Arabs" the salaf (early righteous Muslims). But using the term to refer to them is a modern nationalist and jaahilee (16) expression, which is very surprising to be coming from a scholar of a reputable learning institution.
B. NO PRECEDENCE
The Shaykh's above statement is an improvised one, having no basis, and was not said by any scholar before him! Therefore, it should be discredited and disregarded
C. CONTRADICTING THE AUTHENTIC REPORTS
In his above statement, if the Shaykh is specifically referring to the scholars and elite among the early righteous Muslims, as one would expect from him, this is rejected as well, because it contradicts that which is reported from them.
It is as if the Shaykh, May Allaah forgive us and him, writes without having a knowledge based background, and without, at least reviewing the fiqh (17) books or related research done by any of the re-owned scholars of the Ummah (18), such as Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn ul-Qayyim.
Where does Abu Zahrah stand with respect to the saying of Ibn Mas'ood; "Singing fosters hypocrisy in the heart." (19)
And where does he stand regarding the saying of Ibn 'Abbaas "The duff is prohibited: and the musical instrument are prohibited." (20)
And where does he stand from what Abu Bakr al-Khallaal mentioned: "It is reported that al-Hasan (al-Basree) said. 'Duffs have absolutely no relation to the affairs of the Muslims;' and the students of 'Abdullaah (bin Mas'ood) used to tear them apart." (21)
There are other related reports that will be cited in their proper place of this book.
D. WHO HITS THE DUFF, AND WHEN?
Those who beat the duff were only the women, not the men; and it was either during weddings (22), or on the occasion of 'Eeds (holiday celebration) (23). This is why al-Haleemee (24) says: "Beating the duff is not except for women, because it originally concerns them exclusively; and Allaah's Messenger has cursed the men who imitate women." (25)
E. INACCURACY IN REFERRING TO HADEETHS
The Shaykh's statement, "It has been narrated in some reports (26)" in an inaccurate expression, because those "some reports" to which he refers are no less than the authentic hadeeths that I mentioned above!
A more serious error is the Shaykh's next statement, "It was also said, 'The distinction between halaal and haraam is the duff."' It is known to the scholars that the phrase, "It has been said" expresses the weakness of the reports, and is only used in referring to statements by ordinary people, not to a well known hadeeth like this one. If with this statement, he means to weaken this hadeeth, he has committed a double error in regard to narration and syntax. As for narration, this hadeeth is good, as stated by at-Tirmithee, and is considered authentic by al-Haakim and ath-Thahabee. (27) As for the syntax, one should refer to a weak hadeeth by saying, "It has been reported...." and not. "The distinction.." instead of what is in the correct report, "The separation..."
F. WRONG ANALOGY
The Shaykh says, "The same argument applies to music." With this, he is drawing an analogy, which indicates one of the following possibilities:

* a) That, like one of his student, he rejects the hadeeths prohibiting the musical instruments, such as al-Bukhaaree hadeeth that will follow in this article.
* b) That he accepts them, but performs a poor analogy, because one may not apply analogy when there is a clear text regarding the issue at hand as is stated by the scholars of the fundamentals (of fiqh). I find this unlikely, because he has written books in the subject of the fundamentals.
* c) That , like his student, he gives preference to his intellect, allowing nothing to stand in its way, whether a foundation or a branch, and whether a matter of hadeeth or of fiqh.

G. THE EARLY SCHOLARS FOLLOWING THEIR DESIRES?
The Shaykh says, "One group liked to listen to it such as al-Hasan al-Basree. Another group did not like it, such as ash-Shi'bee." This is the Shaykh's statement, may Allaah forgive us and him! He turns the prohibited singing into a plain matter of choice, similar to any of the permissible things, such as foods and drink,, whoever wants may do it, and whoever does not may leave it!
Furthermore, he attributes to the early righteous muslims things contrary to what is authentically known about them!
Al-Hasan al-Basree is innocent of that which he attribute to him, Ibn Abee ad-Dunyaa has reported from him with two different isnaads (chains):
"There are two accursed sounds: a flute for a favor, and a ring (of bell) for a disaster." (28)
As for ash-Shi'bee, Ibn Abee ad-Dunyaa also reported from him, with an authentic isnaad, that he disapproved of paying the female singer. (29) And he reported from him that he said:
"Both are cursed: the singer, and the one for whom the singing is done." (30)
And Ibn Nasr reported from him with good isnaad:
"Singing fosters hypocrisy in the heart, just as water brings forth vegetation. And Dhikr (remembering Allaah) fosters Eemaan (true belief) in the heart, just as water brings forth vegetation." (31)
NOTES:

1. This approximately corresponds to July 29, 1954.
2 A musical instrument similar to a tambourine, but without bells or cymbals.
3. The immediate students of the Sahaabah.
4. Renouncing pleasure in worldly things.
5. Shaykh means an old man, but is commonly used to refer to a scholar of Islaam.
6. Imaam means a leader. It is commonly used in reference to a leader in the prayer, or an Islaamic scholar. The Four Imaams are Abu Haneefah an-Nu'maan, Maalik Bin Anas, Muhammad Bin Idrees ash-Shaafi'ee, and Ahmad Bin Hanbal may Allaah bestow His mercy on all of them.
7. This is the Islaamic school of fiqh (jurisprudence) that follows the guidelines set by Imaam by Abu Haneefah (?).
8. Al-Bukhaaree, Muslim and others from an-Nu'maan Bin Basheer
9. Recorded by Ahmad, an-Nasaa'ee, and others, from Anas, al-Hasan Bin 'Ali and others. Verified to be authentic by al-Albaanee (Saheeh ul-Jaami' no. 3377, 3378).
10. Ighaathat ul-Lahfaan min Masayid ish-Shaytaan 1:36-370. Some of Ibn ul-Qayyim's saying and discussions in this regard will be presented later in this book.
11. A woman who is not closely related to the man by blood or marriage, and thus it could be possible for him to marry her at some future time. Thus , a man's mother, sister, daughter, mother in law, and daughter in law are not ajnabee women, whereas his female cousins and sisters in law are (as well as all other totally unrelated women).
12. Performing sexual acts with illegitimate partners. Thus, this includes both adultery and fornication.
13. This word appears in a report recorded by Ibn Hibbaan and Ahmad.
14. This phrase appears in a report recorded by Abu Daawood and Ahmad.
15. Recorded by Muslim and others from Abu Hurayrah. It is verified in Irwaa' ul-Ghaleel (no. 1787), as-Saheehah (no. 2804), Zilaal ul-Jannah (no. 193), and Saheeh Abee Daawood (no. 1868).
16. Jaahiliyyah is the era of excessive ignorance and deviation, which mostly prevailed before the advent of Muhammad. Jaahilee means, "pertaining to Jaahiliyyah".
17. Fiqh means "understanding". Its most common use is to refer to the detailed discussions of Islaamic rulings that derive from specific proofs. In this sense, it is sometimes translated as, "jurisprudence."
18. Ummah means "nation" and it usually applies to the whole Muslim community.
19. This was attributed to the Prophet as well; but the truth is that it is only from the words of Ibn Mas'ood, as mentioned by Ibn ul-Qayyim in Ighaathat ul-Lahfaan (1:248). Therefore, I classified it (as a hadeeth) in adh-Dha'eefah (no. 2430).
20. This will be discussed latter in the book.
21. Al-Amru bil-Ma'roof, p. 27.
22. There are several hadeeths in this regard that I have cited in my book, Aadaab uz-Zafaaf, i.e., the regulations of weddings, p 179-183.
23. As in 'Aa'ishah's report that will be cited later in this book..
24. One of the great scholars of the Shaafi'ees, and a scholar of Hadeeth. He died in 403 H. His biography is mentioned in as-Siyar and other books.
25. Shu'ab ul-Eemaan 4:283
26. The Shaykh uses the term "aathaar" (singular: athar), which is general term describing narrations from the Prophet the companions or other righteous Muslims. This term is more often used to refer to narrations other than hadeeths; and this is the reason for Albaanee's criticism.
27. Verified in Aadaab uz-Zafaaf, and Irwaa' ul-Ghaleel (7:50-51)
28. Thamm ul-Malaahee no. 62-63. This is also authentically reported as a hadeeth from the Prophet, as will be discussed later in this book.
29. Thamm ul-Malaahee no. 55.
30. Thamm ul-Malaahee no. 45, with an authentic isnaad from of al-Qaasim Bin Sulaymaan (who is considered trustworthy by IbnHibbaan).
31. Qadar us-Salaah 2:51.

From: The Prohibition of Musical Instrument by Muhammad Nassir ud-Deen Al-Albaani and Hudaa
Translation by Usaamah 'Eetaani and Muhammad al-Jibaali.