Do u think they r bettr than ALLAH!!!

ummyaniah

:astag: Im at the END of my rope. I may hav limited knowledge but i can read.
Surah 24ayat 31: And tell the believing woman to lower thier gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves,headcover,apron,etc. and to draw their veils al over juyubihinna ;their bodies, faces,necks and bosoms, etc.and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands,their fathers, husband fathers their sons their husband sons, their brothers their brother sons or their sisters sons or their muslim woman or the female slave.......... it continues. my piont is there is too much controvercy about the niquaab to suit our personal desires instead of dealing with proof n evidence like da proof is not the quran n evidence is not the sunnah. follow these u cant go wrong! quran+sunnah=sucess And Allah knows best.:muslim_child:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
:astag: Im at the END of my rope. I may hav limited knowledge but i can read.
Surah 24ayat 31: And tell the believing woman to lower thier gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves,headcover,apron,etc. and to draw their veils al over juyubihinna ;their bodies, faces,necks and bosoms, etc.and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands,their fathers, husband fathers their sons their husband sons, their brothers their brother sons or their sisters sons or their muslim woman or the female slave.......... it continues. my piont is there is too much controvercy about the niquaab to suit our personal desires instead of dealing with proof n evidence like da proof is not the quran n evidence is not the sunnah. follow these u cant go wrong! quran+sunnah=sucess And Allah knows best.:muslim_child:

assalamu aleikum
I just want to ask sister from where did u take the translation

Here is the verse

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.
verse 24:31 Ysuf Ali translation

May be someone can clarify it in arabic too

except only that which is apparent like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves,headcover,apron,etc. and to draw their veils al over juyubihinna ;their bodies, faces[/COLOR],necks and bosoms,
coz this seams interpreted or added
May be whatever u colored in red was added from the hadith ,then should put reference and not just say this is verse 24:31 ,because this is not in the verse ....
sorry and if its tafseer,then should say it tafseer...
waaleikum salam

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:

I have the same in my Qur'an in English/Arabic. Same that sister ummyaniah gave. She just forgot the brackets:

Surah 24 ayat 31:
And tell the believing woman to lower thier gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves,headcover,apron,etc.), and to draw their veils al over juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces,necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands,their fathers, husband fathers their sons their husband sons, their brothers their brother sons or their sisters sons or their muslim woman or the female slave.....

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
The red part which the sister highlighted is in brakets in my translation, and i think it explains what is meant by ' what is apparent' but i don't believe that it is part of the original arabic verse in the Quran, but i may be wrong, Allah knows best

ummyaniah

mashallah, Ukthi the Noble Quran in the english/arabic summerized version of At-Tababari, Al-Qurtubi and Ibn Kathir with comments from Sahih Al-Bukhari.