What are Your Eid Plans??

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

So what you brothers and sisters going to be doing on Eid??

For me, its just normal to go in morning to the Mosque for Eid prayer, and then be with the family for rest of the day. To meet with my aunts, uncles and cousins etc.

Oh, and nice food, made by my mum is also one of the treats...

inshaAllah.

wasalam.

Submitter

:salam2:

Similar thing here!

Prayers in the morning - the feeling of brotherhood in a jam packed mosque is amazing. Standing shoulder to shoulder prostrating to the one and only.

Mum always makes a special lunch on Eid so looking forward to that!

The rest of the day is usually spent frantically driving around the city visiting as many family and friends as possible (and tasting their food hehe) and in the evening all the close family get together under one roof and just chill til late.

And of course who can forget the gifts :) The look on the kids' face when they have a new toy in their hands!

Wishing you all the best for the last 10 days of Ramadan.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wish I can enjoy Eid with my family too :(

I guess it would be normal for me too. Attend Eid prayer, eat and celebrate on my own and wait for my parents' call :(

brighten

seeker of knowledge
:wasalam:

Same goes for me. Salat Eid at the mosque then home to celebrate with family members. However unlike the brothers, we sisters have to put in extra hours in the kitchen but at the end of the day it's all worth it when you see everyone happy and family ties strengthen on that bless day.

To my bros and sisters who are celebrating Eid on your own, just want you to know you're not alone. You will be in our duas and prayers till you meet your family again.

May we be steadfast in our ibadah these last ten days and bless to meet Laylatl Qadar insha'Allah.

wassalam :)

ripefig

Brother in the kitchen

I try to give my Mother and sisters a break and I control the kitchen. So I don't agree with "unlike the Brothers the sisters have to stay in the kitchen":astag: ;) However, spending Eid with the family is wonderful. In my family everyone takes part in both the kitchen and theable. We just have fun:subhanallah:

mr. ok

Eid - The day of happiness

:bismillah:

:salam2: my dear brothers and sisters (Muslims & non-Muslims).

You guys make me smile, Alhamdulila. :)

Same goes for me. Before Eid we invite all our friends and family to a Daavath. Like always we attend Eid-Ul-Fiter in the morning, praying salat outside the masque (open area so everyone can fit, lol) in the cold. After we pray Eid-Ul-Fiter our family and friends get together and have a blast.

They usually come to our house so we have to do all the work (arrangements, cook food etc. lol). I think we cook the best food that is why everyone comes to our house, lol.

Posted by Submitter:
Mum always makes a special lunch on Eid so looking forward to that!

LOL me too brother!

I just want to say hang in there Hurul-ein and wish everyone a Happy Eid & Ramadan Mubarik!

May the blessings of Allah be upon all of you.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa alaykum salaam

Yes same here....my eid prayers will be at home unfortunately because i will be helping my mum with the cooking....il be looking forward to my mums rice...hmmmm....

I love eid i spend the day with my dear family....also visit and spend time with the relatives...

I think its basically the same for most of us...lol

Karachi_prince

well inshalla the plan is to go read eid prayer, then start working inshalla till the afternoon when inshalla their may be a family get together.

Inshalla everything should go well

aicha-moslima

Salaam alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe,

I hope everyone has a great Eid insha'Allah.

Your sister in Islam, Aicha
Wa salaamoe alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe

khalilarbi

My Eid away from my Family

:salam2: dear brothers and sisters in Islam
This would be forth consecutive year that I will celebrate Eid again away from my family, from my all beloved one. I will be alone in Europe and I will offer my Eid prayers in the mosque where there would be my no blood relative to whom I can hug after Eid prayer. My arms in this eid again will look forward to hug some one. Please pray for me that I spend my next Eid prayers with my relatives and with my family.

Khalil A. Arbi
Germany

Submitter

Brother Khalil

After your prayers just go round hugging anyone you can find. The people at our mosque do it all the time on Eid. I'll get hugged at least 10 times by people I don't even know hehe.

Remember you're never alone - Allah is always with you!

zainab

I will do my prayers at home whilst my husband will take our 4 year old son to the mosque InshAllah. I have to start my cooking the night before though and I plan to decorate the house with balloons which will be exciting for my 2 year old daughter.

We have no family here so hopefully I will visit friends within the week of eid which is also half term for my son's school AlhamdulAllah.

I wish all of my brothers and sisters a happy Eid and InshAllah our prayers, fasting and Dua will be accepted.

Wasallam

alhamdulillah

:salam2: my noble brothers and sisters...
Insha'Allah we all are in the best of health and ever increasing Eman...

Subhan'Allah...i read your comments on this thread....and i must say you all bought a smile on my face Masha'Allah....its lovely to hear about your plans...Masha'Allah Tabarak'Allah...

lets all also remember our brothers who will be spending their Eid behind bars....as they did with their Ramadan...Subhan'Allah..may Allah bless them with their Sabr Ameen.

I agree with Submitter he mentioned: "After your prayers just go round hugging anyone you can find. The people at our mosque do it all the time on Eid. I'll get hugged at least 10 times by people I don't even know hehe.

Remember you're never alone - Allah is always with you!"

these words are soo assuring Masha'Allah for all those who would feel alone....this is the beauty of Islam...we are all one big MASSIVE family Masha'Allah Tabarak'Allah....so please have Tawakkul in Allah always!

please keep me in your Dua's dear brothers and sisters...May Allah accept all our Ibadah Ameen!

Ma'Salama
your sister in Islam...

zulmh

:salam2: Dear brother,

In Malaysia it is customary for us to visit the cemetary after Fajr prayers and follow up with Edi Salat.

The food for the day will be more lavish than other days and family get together and lunch is a norm.Next will be the visits to greet close relatives, the old ones and friends. We also do have what we called as 'open house' on this ocassion where friends of all races and religions visit to greet their Muslim friends.

Minal aidil wal Faidzin

Zulmh:)

cadette

In South Africa

Here in SA, the women start baking biscuits and sweer treats a fre days before Eid (I will start on Wednesday). THe night before is for preparing the next days foods. THe men go for Fajr, than visiting the graves of the departed family. Then we all get together at my parents-in laws place to greet each other and have some thing to eat. My father in law will usually recite a few duaas and fatiha before we eat. This is the time that the kids get to fill their pockets with sweets and money (we always give the kids money, instead of toys). There after we drive around greeting all the family and friends. This year we will have lunch at my husband's aunts house (she passed away earlier this year). At night its usually the friends that all get together, kick of our shoes and relax.

Its amazing that eid follows a similar pattern everywhere in the world.

Eid Mubarak to you all and your families.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:ma: seems like everyone is prepared for Eid!:biggrin:

Well I will be performing my Eid Sala`h at home,and Inshallah helping prepare food also giving helping mouth:)) ) to much the food.:bananabb2in:

AishaR

This is my first Eid since reverting so am really looking forward to the whole atmosphere.

I will go to the masjid with my husband then spend the day with family & friends. I went to Eid prayers last year but didnt really understand what was happening, so it will be so good to be able to go & understand what is being said & to prayer in the correct manner.

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
:salam2: :bismillah:

insha allah i am gone to pray my salat first then i ll be with my friends insha allah i got no relatives here but i got many brothers here..

salam