Should all U.S. Muslims carry a special ID?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
well its just stupid show
they making fun
Im sure not all americans think like that

waaleikum salam

kayleigh

hahaha my friend showed me that before.

But to be fair, I'm pretty sure they had to ask hundreds of people before running into a few idiots like that.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i'm sure that many people would like for all muslims to be identified. i think that those same people would be or they will be shocked that not all muslims are arabs and that there are muslims that look like the common white american.

i've always felt that the real reason why america has been antagonistic towards islam is because the real power of america, also known as big business fears that muslims will help revive the morality that this country used to have. in reality muslims americans are probably the best citizens in america. how often do we see muslims committing serious crimes?

another thing that i wanted to point out was that during the second world war, japanese americans were placed in internment camps and eventually released, but they never should've been placed there. it's amazing that the japanese comitted a terrorist attack on america, and no one in america has a hatred for them. japanese americans are very successful and accepted into our society. we love their food,cars, playstations, etc. but when i see the negative portrayals of muslims on the media i have very little optimism that we muslims will re-establish our good standing before the 9/11 attacks.

however my only possible solution would be for us to really strive hard to be good examples as muslims. also to have open houses at our masjids and explaining islam and what we believe as muslims to the non muslim public. i'm not saying that we convert people, but if people do end up accepting islam SubhanAllah; we will give people the opportunity to learn about islam from muslims, not muslim haters.

:wasalam:

kayleigh

in reality muslims americans are probably the best citizens in america. how often do we see muslims committing serious crimes?
:wasalam:

Not far from the truth at all. a recent study done says that Muslims in America are the most well adjusted, successful, and affluent Muslim community in the West. They make just as much as their American non-Muslim counterparts, and go to the same schools, get the same degrees. In Europe, Muslims are 20% more likely to live in poverty. Though, this is most likely because Muslim americans are generally second+ generation by now, and Muslims in Europe are more likely to be first generation immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East.

k, I'm done with my fun fact(s) for the evening :p

Quratulaine

oh my gosh..........what a strange idea...muslims carrying an ID!!

i think the people who have this idea think that the word "muslim" is just a substitute for the word "arab".

Karima

Asalamualikum,

however my only possible solution would be for us to really strive hard to be good examples as muslims. also to have open houses at our masjids and explaining islam and what we believe as muslims to the non muslim public. i'm not saying that we convert people, but if people do end up accepting islam SubhanAllah; we will give people the opportunity to learn about islam from muslims, not muslim haters.

So well said.

People, as myself, have had fears of the unknown. This is a possible ignorance in knowing all about what is familiar, and judging what we do not know or are familiar with as a 'threat'.

Therefore, it is natural for those not educated in what Islam stands for pose Islam as a national threat.

For me, when I am among those who are pious in what Allah commands, and they walk the walk of Allah, it is absurd to ever think these praying, obedient, professional, people, who would not kill a fly, be a logical reason to fear, for the sake of God/Allah.

An ID is an expression of total ignorance. Islam can be a blessing to the Nation of America, home of the brave, home of the free, etc.

The reason for America was/is for the freedom of Worship, and not be a dictatorship. This applies to all who worship God. Allah is the Arabic name for God.

Sallam

shahidah123

What ID for muslims ? It is the silliest thing i've ever heard so far.
The I.D. of muslims are in their character. The practicing muslims. This is nothing but a joke & an insult. They are simply ignorant about the real teachings of Islam.

M

mamun

As salamualiqum
brother
i agree with you.

mamun
from bangladesh.