CALLING PEOPLE TO ISLAM

sajjuaiah

Calling people to Islam (Da?wah) is the Sunnah (tradition) of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), which must be followed by all Muslims.

Calling/inviting others to Islam for the sake of Allah (Da'wah) is the essence of Prophet Muhammad's mission, and it is one of the most important duties that Muslims must follow.

Allah (swt) says:

(Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and beware (of evil): if you do turn back know you that it is our messenger?s duty to convey (the Message) in the clearest manner.) [Qur?an 5:92]

While Allah makes it very clear that there is no compulsion in religion for truth stands out clear, he orders Muslim believers to perform Da?wah (to invite people to Islam) in order to lead mankind to the true and perfect religion.

(Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: they are the ones to attain felicity.) [Qur?an 3:104]

(Invite (all) to the way of your Rabb (i.e., Islam) with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for your Rabb knows best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.) [Qur?an 6:125]

In addition to the Qur?anic injunctions to perform Da?wah, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also enjoins Muslims to invite others to Islam.

Abu Bakr, God bless him, narrated that the Prophet (pbuh)said:

?It is incumbent upon those who are present to convey this message (of mine) to those who are absent. May be that some of those to whom it will be conveyed will understand it better than those who have actually heard it.? [Bukhⲩ 5/688, 1/67 and 2/797]

Also, Abdullah Bin Amr narrated that the Prophet (pbuh) said:

?Convey (my teachings) to the people even if it were a single verse...? (Bukhⲩ 4/667)

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) not only encourages Muslims to seek knowledge in order to convey Islam to others but also invokes prayer for those who teach and transmit Islamic knowledge to others.

Abdullah Ibn Mas?ud narrated that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:

?May Allah be well pleased with the servant who heard our words, remembered them, retained them well and then passed them on to others. How many scholars are there who are the scholars of religion without having an understanding of it, and how many scholars of religion are there who convey knowledge to those who are well versed compared with them. There are three things on account of which no rancor enters a Muslim heart: the sincerity of purpose for Allah?s sake, seeking goodness for the Muslims and adhering to their main body (jama'ah), for their prayers encompass them all round.? (Tirmidhi 228)

Allah will reward Muslims prosperous lives if they perform Da?wah for his sake. Allah, the Merciful, not only commends those who call others to Islam, but subsequently promises unlimited rewards to them.

(Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, ?I am one of the Muslims?) [Qur?an 41:33]

(And he who brings the Truth and he who confirms (and supports) it?such are the men who do right. They shall have all that they wish for, with their God. Such is the reward of those who do good: so that Allah will remit from them (even) the worst in their deeds and give them their reward according to the best of what they have done.) [Qur?an 39:35]

:salah: :tti_sister:

massi

:salam2:
I'm very intersssing to call people to islam but I'm not good language (english)
I'm still study it . but it's very interessing to call people to islam thank you for this thread :SMILY346:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
I'm very intersssing to call people to islam but I'm not good language (english)
I'm still study it . but it's very interessing to call people to islam thank you for this thread :SMILY346:

:mashallah: but I guess,brother massi, that u speak french too.
Or why don't you help those Muslims in Algeria that don't have "big" knowledge about Islam? For example in the berber side of the country where they speak some french? I think it would be really great! :inshallah: :)

Munaqaba23

Assalamu alaikum!

I have realized that actually muslims need "dawah" too. Like Ukht1 said, it is very good to teach islam for those who don't have much knowledge about the Qur'an and sunnah.
It is also easier to teach someone, who already accepts islam as the right religion. I find it very hard to speak about islam to Finnish people, because so many of them are scared, and don't even want to hear about what Qur'an teaches.
But what I see a little strange, is that some muslims don't believe my word, because I am european. I mean some of those who are raised as muslims. They seem to think that I automatically know less than them, because I am not an arab or something...? :SMILY26:
Once I saw a tunisian sister making mistakes on her prayer, but she didn't believe when I tried to correct her on a friendly way. I told her to ask from the local imam, and the imam told her to do exactly how I had said. Then she believed, because the imam was also tunisian :(
And that is not the only time such thing has happened...

Anyway, I hope all of you will be successful at doing dawah, insha Allah.
:shake:

If any of you living here in Europe has some good tips how to do dawah for non-believers, tell me also :) How to speak about islam without that they feel scared... How to start the discussion?

:wasalam:

frenzy fish

well munaqabah, i find that the easiest way is to start by talking to them about the reality and purpose of life. that way to get them thinking about the almighty creator; islam doesn't doesn't need to be mentioned. people go completely blank when they hear the word islam; they don't want to converse any further, however good the conversation may have been!! when they question life and search for the truth they'll eventually come to islam anyway. we just need to give them the cue/trigger (for non-muslims). for muslims we should talk about the greatness of allah, so that the greatness and reality of allah comes into our hearts and the falsehood and deciet leaves our hearts.
also i find that when i give da'wat, my faith becomes stronger aswell as i'm repeating it and embedding it in my heart. which is important for us believers aswell.
as allah says in the qor'an: ya ayyuhalithina aamano aamino
oh those who have faith, bring faith

last quarter of 6th juz (to get literal transalation)

frenzy fish

well munaqabah, i find that the easiest way is to start by talking to them about the reality and purpose of life. that way to get them thinking about the almighty creator; islam doesn't doesn't need to be mentioned. people go completely blank when they hear the word islam; they don't want to converse any further, however good the conversation may have been!! when they question life and search for the truth they'll eventually come to islam anyway. we just need to give them the cue/trigger (for non-muslims). for muslims we should talk about the greatness of allah, so that the greatness and reality of allah comes into our hearts and the falsehood and deceit of this world leaves our hearts.
also i find that when i give da'wat, my faith becomes stronger aswell as i'm repeating it and embedding it in my heart. which is important for us believers aswell.
as allah says in the qor'an: ya ayyuhalithina aamano aamino
oh those who have faith, bring faith

last quarter of 6th juz (to get literal transalation)

massi

the da'wa is not easy as well because you must be a good scholar any where . I don't want to say you must be scholar but you must have a good akwnoledge in quran and sunna.you have to make da'wa anywhere and anytime . :)

frenzy fish

maybe you do have to have knowledge, which is why we're trying to gain as much deeni ilm as we can. but all you have to do is talk about the greatness of allah! how hard can that be? we can talk about out football clubs for hours on end. or we can give the whole tafsir talk on what happened in prison break. we should talk about the greatness of allah for our own imaan!!

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member

You don't need to be a scholar to do da'wah :) It's important first of all how u act! Your actions as a Muslim speak better than your words! I converted to Islam just "looking" at my husband's actions subhanAllah. He didn't spend time talking to me about Islam, the Prophet :saw: etc. I started to be curious just looking at him praying for example :hijabi:

apocalypse77

Assalamu alaikum!

I have realized that actually muslims need "dawah" too. Like Ukht1 said, it is very good to teach islam for those who don't have much knowledge about the Qur'an and sunnah.
It is also easier to teach someone, who already accepts islam as the right religion. I find it very hard to speak about islam to Finnish people, because so many of them are scared, and don't even want to hear about what Qur'an teaches.
But what I see a little strange, is that some muslims don't believe my word, because I am european. I mean some of those who are raised as muslims. They seem to think that I automatically know less than them, because I am not an arab or something...? :SMILY26:
Once I saw a tunisian sister making mistakes on her prayer, but she didn't believe when I tried to correct her on a friendly way. I told her to ask from the local imam, and the imam told her to do exactly how I had said. Then she believed, because the imam was also tunisian :(
And that is not the only time such thing has happened...

Anyway, I hope all of you will be successful at doing dawah, insha Allah.
:shake:

If any of you living here in Europe has some good tips how to do dawah for non-believers, tell me also :) How to speak about islam without that they feel scared... How to start the discussion?

lol, mebe pple re still not used to the idea of "white" muslims? o_o

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member

yes true, that's why it's so important that us Muslims try to get knowledge as much as we can. Because some people become Muslim by hearth, others by mind first, (as u said searching etc.).
And I think once you have the good intention to do da'wah..Allah helps u to find the words...but first you need to study...to have more knowledge about the religion :inshallah: Knowledge is everything :)

Munaqaba23

exactly uk what I mean but you and people are not the same
you convert islam from saw your husband as many people convert islam
but there are many people don't convert islam or follow sunna until make a big search and ask any thing about islam so it can't be easy to answer to them if we have a little information in islam[/url]

I hope I misunderstood this...
I think there is nothing wrong in searching and asking questions. Islam has the answer to every question.
I haven't converted to islam by taking an example from a husband, or anyone. Instead, I used to read books and search information on the internet. But I think it doesn't make me a bad muslim?
:girl3:

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member
I think there is nothing wrong in searching and asking questions. Islam has the answer to every question.
I haven't converted to islam by taking an example from a husband, or anyone. Instead, I used to read books and search information on the internet. But I think it doesn't make me a bad muslim?

sister, I guess brother massi meant to say that not everyone get curious about Islam and convert in the same way. There are different kinds of people, alhamdulillah! In any way we came to Islam...we came all by Allah subhana wa ta'la will! :)

amir_al_shahid

Salam aleykum
the best way to make dawah i think is by have good carachter and look as a muslim. But also u should get some knoweledge abt islam so u can answer there questions well with knowledge and not just with ure personal thoughts.

Also we must realize not all are interested in islam and not all want convert and we cant force them to convert , Allah guides those whe wants

Wright down the top 10 things most common questions abt islam aksed by non belivers and study it so u get knowledge and can answer good.

frenzy fish

when allah decideds to give someone hidayah, he uses whatever means/asbaab he wants. this is allahs qudrah and nizaam/system!

massi

the good behaviour is very succesful in Da'wa
Don't you know that many countries has been open to islam for the best behaviour from muslims as AFRICA ;ASIA....
Don't you know there are many christs and jews had lived with muslims with JESIA because the best justice from muslim. :muslim_child: