The most touching surah/ayah?

Munaqaba23

Assalamu alaikum!

I would like to ask, especially from the converts, is there some surah or ayah which has touched you the most? Please post them to us brothers and sisters, it would be a nice reminder for all of us to think about the meanings of those surahs/ayahs, insha Allah.

So many times I feel so amazed when reading the Holy Qur'an. For example, several times I have been wondering for some matter for many days. I am trying to think for an answer, but I just can't find it. Then, I go to read the Qur'an, and there I see the answer! I just open a page, and there it is. :allahuakbar:

Still, after five and a half years, there is one surah which makes me cry every time. It feels so touching, like the words would go right to my heart.

It was the time just before I converted to islam. I used to read the Finnish translation of the Qur'an every night.
One night, I was wrapped in my blanket, and everyone else was sleeping in the house. It was completely quiet. I was reading the Qur'an again, around 2 am, and I saw these words in front of me:

"O thou folded in garments!
Stand (to prayer) by night, but not all night,-
Half of it,- or a little less,
Or a little more; and recite the Qur'an in slow, measured rhythmic tones.
Soon shall We send down to thee a weighty Message.
Truly the rising by night is most potent for governing (the soul), and most suitable for (framing) the Word (of Prayer and Praise).
True, there is for thee by day prolonged occupation with ordinary duties:
But keep in remembrance the name of thy Lord and devote thyself to Him whole-heartedly.
(He is) Lord of the East and the West: there is no god but He: take Him therefore for (thy) Disposer of Affairs.
And have patience with what they say, and leave them with noble (dignity).
And leave Me (alone to deal with) those in possession of the good things of life, who (yet) deny the Truth; and bear with them for a little while."
AL-MUZZAMMIL 1-11

These 11 ayats "made" me a muslim. Immediately after reading this I understood everything. Who is Allah, why I am in this world, what is the truth.
(He is) Lord of the East and the West: there is no god but He: take Him therefore for (thy) Disposer of Affairs.

I got an answer to all my doubts and fears. I wasn't anymore afraid of bad words by non-muslims. I got peace in my heart. Indeed, Islam is the religion of peace.
Subhan Allah, wal hamdu lillah, wa la ilaha illallah, wallahu akbar, wa la haula wa la quwwata illa billah.

:wasalam:

abu_moukhtar

assalamu alikoum sister i ask allah to protect u i like these ayah they so good and nice my wife just become muslim alhamdu lillah and i wish to be like u inshallah she trying so hard and reading and learning more but i wish from u or any sister ready to help her too inshallah to be more good allah bless u and make ur heart full of iman inshallah wassalamu alikoum

BrotherZak

Assalamu alaikum!

I would like to ask, especially from the converts, is there some surah or ayah which has touched you the most? Please post them to us brothers and sisters, it would be a nice reminder for all of us to think about the meanings of those surahs/ayahs, insha Allah.

So many times I feel so amazed when reading the Holy Qur'an. For example, several times I have been wondering for some matter for many days. I am trying to think for an answer, but I just can't find it. Then, I go to read the Qur'an, and there I see the answer! I just open a page, and there it is. :allahuakbar:

Still, after five and a half years, there is one surah which makes me cry every time. It feels so touching, like the words would go right to my heart.

It was the time just before I converted to islam. I used to read the Finnish translation of the Qur'an every night.
One night, I was wrapped in my blanket, and everyone else was sleeping in the house. It was completely quiet. I was reading the Qur'an again, around 2 am, and I saw these words in front of me:

"O thou folded in garments!
Stand (to prayer) by night, but not all night,-
Half of it,- or a little less,
Or a little more; and recite the Qur'an in slow, measured rhythmic tones.
Soon shall We send down to thee a weighty Message.
Truly the rising by night is most potent for governing (the soul), and most suitable for (framing) the Word (of Prayer and Praise).
True, there is for thee by day prolonged occupation with ordinary duties:
But keep in remembrance the name of thy Lord and devote thyself to Him whole-heartedly.
And leave Me (alone to deal with) those in possession of the good things of life, who (yet) deny the Truth; and bear with them for a little while."
AL-MUZZAMMIL 1-11

These 11 ayats "made" me a muslim. Immediately after reading this I understood everything. Who is Allah, why I am in this world, what is the truth.

I got an answer to all my doubts and fears. I wasn't anymore afraid of bad words by non-muslims. I got peace in my heart. Indeed, Islam is the religion of peace.
Subhan Allah, wal hamdu lillah, wa la ilaha illallah, wallahu akbar, wa la haula wa la quwwata illa billah.

Salam sister

It was amazing reading your experience and indeed those 11 verses were very powerful.

here is a verse which really touched me:

‘Your Lord has decreed that you shall serve none but Him, and do good to your parents. Should one or both of them reach old age with you, never say ‘Ugh’ to them, nor scold either of them; but speak to them kindly and respectfully, spread over them the wings of humility and mercy, and say, ‘My Lord, have mercy upon them, as they raised me up when I was little.’

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

The most powerful surah I read was when I was struggling with my old self and old friends and transitioning to my new self. I opened the Qur'an one night and my eyes fell upon Surah Yunus to these ayats.

(40) And if they belie you, say: "For me are my deeds and for you are your deeds! You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do!" (41) And among them are some who listen to you, but can you make the deaf to hear,— even though they apprehend not? (42) And among them are some who look at you, but can you guide the blind,— even though they see not? (43) Truly! Allâh wrongs not mankind in aught; but mankind wrong themselves. (44) And on the Day when He shall gather (resurrect) them together, (it will be) as if they had not stayed (in the life of this world and graves) but an hour of a day. They will recognise each other. Ruined indeed will be those who denied the meeting with Allâh, and were not guided.

BrotherZak

The most powerful surah I read was when I was struggling with my old self and old friends and transitioning to my new self. I opened the Qur'an one night and my eyes fell upon Surah Yunus to these ayats.

(40) And if they belie you, say: "For me are my deeds and for you are your deeds! You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do!" (41) And among them are some who listen to you, but can you make the deaf to hear,— even though they apprehend not? (42) And among them are some who look at you, but can you guide the blind,— even though they see not? (43) Truly! Allâh wrongs not mankind in aught; but mankind wrong themselves. (44) And on the Day when He shall gather (resurrect) them together, (it will be) as if they had not stayed (in the life of this world and graves) but an hour of a day. They will recognise each other. Ruined indeed will be those who denied the meeting with Allâh, and were not guided.

salam

woooahh deep verse..had me thinking there for a good 5 minutes. Jazak.

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

I love this ayah, whenever I hear or read it it touches my heart. Allahu-Akbar

"O You who believe! seek help in patience and salah truely, Allah is with those that are patient" (2/153):hearts:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
All of Surah Waqia lol. There's some other good individual large Ayahs I have read now and then, but I can't remember where they are..

How it explains the three groups of people on the day of judgement - those with books in the right hand, those with their book of deeds in the left hand, and those that are closest to Allah.

And it said a multitude of the earlier believing generations and FEW of the later ones would be in the third best group. And multitude from early and later generations (from amongst the Muslims) would have book in their right hand. And the rest that will go to hell.

www.quranexplorer.com/quran

For me, the biggest effect is always when I am hearing the recitation in Arabic at the same time, rather than just reading it alone.

The one ayat of Surah Ar-Rahman which is repeated again & again , yet , makes an impact on you every time you read it !
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny? - Surah Ar-Rahman .

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

I love this kind of threads :D

Here is my fav ayah, from Surah Al Ahzab:

[35]For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in God's praise,- for them has God prepared forgiveness and great reward.

muslima89

Allah is merciful
maashallah sister,

I noticed that you speak finnish.
I speak finnish too and i would like to ask to that do you live in finland?

Here is my favorite verse in the Qur'an in finnish, con i don't have the english translater.

Anokaa Herraltanne anteeksiantoa, kääntykää sitten hänen puoleensa, niin Hän on hankkiva teille runsaan huolenpidon määräajaksi ja vuodattava armonsa jokaiselle, joka laupeudessa vaeltaa. Mutta jos luovutte pois, silloin totisesti pelkään, että tuomiopäivän rangaistus lankeaa päällenne. (11:3)

Munaqaba23

maashallah sister,

Anokaa Herraltanne anteeksiantoa, kääntykää sitten hänen puoleensa, niin Hän on hankkiva teille runsaan huolenpidon määräajaksi ja vuodattava armonsa jokaiselle, joka laupeudessa vaeltaa. Mutta jos luovutte pois, silloin totisesti pelkään, että tuomiopäivän rangaistus lankeaa päällenne. (11:3)

Assalamu alaikum!
Here is the verse in English:
"(And to preach thus), 'Seek ye the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance; that He may grant you enjoyment, good (and true), for a term appointed, and bestow His abounding grace on all who abound in merit! But if ye turn away, then I fear for you the penalty of a great day: 'To God is your return, and He hath power over all things.'" (11:3-4)

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

Hmm, I don't if I could writte one more ayah;:hearts:

"Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! punish us not if we forget or fell into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before, Our Lord! put not on us a burden greater than we have strengh to bear. Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (patron, supporter and protector) and give us victory over the disbelieving poeple." (2/286).

The prophet (scw) said, "whosoever recited the last two verses of suratul Baqarah at night, that will be sufficent for him." (sahih Bukhari).

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Salaam sister...

May you always be blessed. If you find these ayahs the most touching then you have to listen to them in Ahmad Saud's voice. He is a little boy who reads very beautifully. Every time I have heard his Surah Yasin I am close to tears, especially the first time, I was flooded in tears.

Here's the link... Enjoy a very soothing recitation of Surah Muzammil by Ahmad Saud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXzziqUWUws&mode=related&search=

Munaqaba23

Salaam sister...

May you always be blessed. If you find these ayahs the most touching then you have to listen to them in Ahmad Saud's voice. He is a little boy who reads very beautifully. Every time I have heard his Surah Yasin I am close to tears, especially the first time, I was flooded in tears.

Here's the link... Enjoy a very soothing recitation of Surah Muzammil by Ahmad Saud.

Assalamu alaikum

I just read that the boy who is reciting Surah Yasin on YouTube, isn't Ahmad Saud...
Anyway, I also find the voice of that boy very beautiful, masha Allah.
Here is the link to Surah Yasin.

amira87

I love Allah
salam alaikum

Hey sister those ayat are very touching and inshallah you will retrieve great tidings from Allah. I actually became muslim not by reading the quran......but by the teachings of islam from my older sister who also is a revert to islam. I actually never even read the quran when I became muslim, because I already knew islam was the right submission to God when my sister explained what Islam was.......it made so much sense. I guess we all have very unique stories to tell about how all of us reverts came to Islam. Most of us usually come from a very troubled past. Well I guess that explains it for now sister. Inshallah 7air for ya:hijabi:

Munaqaba23

Hey sister those ayat are very touching and inshallah you will retrieve great tidings from Allah. I actually became muslim not by reading the quran......but by the teachings of islam from my older sister who also is a revert to islam. I actually never even read the quran when I became muslim, because I already knew islam was the right submission to God when my sister explained what Islam was.......it made so much sense. I guess we all have very unique stories to tell about how all of us reverts came to Islam. Most of us usually come from a very troubled past. Well I guess that explains it for now sister. Inshallah 7air for ya:hijabi:

Alhamdulillaah. You can be so happy that you have a sister like that! Masha Allah. When I was studying things about islam, I had no one to ask. I didn't even know that there would be so many good websites and forums on the internet :shymuslima1:
It took me a long time before I got my first muslim friend. But after that everything became easier, alhamdulillaah. It is so nice when you have someone to ask about islam, and to get some support.

In the beginning my only "friend" was the Qur'an. When ever I had worries, I read the Qur'an again and again. Maybe that's why I feel so emotional even nowadays when I read it. :hijabi:

manOfpeace

Asallamu Alaykum
The most touching ayah is this one

O mankind! Fear your Lord. Lo! the earthquake of the Hour (of Doom) is a tremendous thing. (1) On the day when ye behold it, every nursing mother will forget her nursling and every pregnant one will be delivered of her burden, and thou (Muhammad) wilt see mankind as drunken, yet they will not be drunken, but the Doom of Allah will be strong (upon them). (2) Among mankind is he who disputeth concerning Allah without knowledge, and followeth each froward devil; (3) 22. 1-3

B.Yassine

Salaam sister...

Assalamu alaykum

The recitor is named " Hassan bin Abdullah Al Awad ", I post you another recitation of the same Moqri: (Very beautiful Macha allah)

Click here:------------> Sourat Al-Qiyamah

Salam