A FAKE AMERICAN QURAN

q8penpals

jazakallah!! i live in kuwait and i have to check it out!

Salam

My husband and I are in Kuwait too! I have been teaching here for 5 years, and I have never heard anything like this.

The ministry of private education rules the Islamic and Arabic education departments like a dictator, so I can't imagine that anything could get by them for what is being taught in the classrooms. All schools have the exact same Islamic studies books, whether they are private schools or government schools.

Anyway, maybe someone is just trying to stir up trouble.

Lana

q8penpals

The thing that concerns me most is that Kuwait hasn't stopped its distribution.

SAlam

The lady who owns my school - her brother is the Speaker of the House of parliament here in Kuwait.

If someone can provide more facts about what they are stating about this book being distributed in schools, PLEASE do. I don't want to start a panic, but we can't just make accusations without proof. The name of the school, or an actual person who is distributing these books would be a start.

I personally have never heard such a thing in kuwait, as I mentioned in my last post - the ministry of education runs the arabic and Islamic education classes with an "iron fist" and EVERYTHING is taken into account (we have had to rip pages out of basic library books if they mention someone eating pork, for example).

Please, post facts if you have them about something so potentially serious.

Thanks

Lana

galadari

lolzz that funny book is so ridiculous and doesnt make sense at all, im just wondering whus gna read it?? i dnt think ne peron with even a least sense of humour will read it. and to be honest whu eva guy has made it has just made a fool out of him.

BrotherZak

A man by the name of Anish shorrosh helped write the book, a christian aplogetic who debated ahmed deedat.Anis shorrosh was the guy who kept on making mistakes when he was reading the quran and later admitted he could not even recite the proper way...lol

Fahad_Agus

you are right about kuwaits law...so the only way now to solve this problem is to check if theres such a thing happening in kuwait before going public.

RachidUK

Dear Sir- Sister, I am Rachid a journalist in London. I am interested in doing a story about this fake Quran. Do you know anyone who has a copy please? thanks. YOu can get back to me on: [email protected]

BrotherZak

Shaykh Hamza, who said: regarding the true furqan

"I have already dealt with these. They are just simple rhymed prose examples of Arabic that contain no complex linguistic features, they fail to have as many rhetorical devices as the Quran, they are not linguistically sensitive which means any word can be replaced and the meaning will not be altered, they have no complex cohesive structures, they do not employ consonance as the Quran does etc etc the list can go on. As I said any Arabic nursery rhyme can be a challenge to the Quran if you do not scratch the surface and start to think. I thought you were a “free thinker”. If you still believe that these so called challenges are valid, then prove to me they have complex linguistic structures (examples below). Just simply posting two sites up does not prove anything. You have to give me an analysis. Stop standing on the shoulders of “giants”! Use your mind.’

Notice that all these so-called chapters on surahlikeit.com and islam-exposed.org use particular techniques common to the Arabic language and they all fit into a particular category of the Arabic language. If you read the post above, it is already known that the style and pattern of the Quran is such that it does not fit the 16 Al-Bihar, does not fit prose (saj and mursal), does not fit kahin nor does it fit normal speech. In fact it is unique in that it cannot be categorized into any known form of the Arabic language. These so-called chapters trying to meet the challenge clearly do fit into particlar known techniques of the Arabic language and so in that respect alone (and in many other ways) fail. In particular, the book, ‘The True Furqan’ is written in the style of saj (rhymed prose). Some people have tried to meet the challenge by trying to plagiarise parts of the Quran and inserting words here and there. However, every surah in the Quran is linguitically sensitive and has semantic cohesion. As a result they fail miserably. The team at caliphate.org have commented on this:

‘In recent times we have seen the cheap attempts of Christian missionaries who claim they have something better than the Qur’an. What they have is translations of the Bible or stories adapted from the Bible. One quick look at their texts indicates the feeble nature of their attempts; they are written mimicking the style of the Qur’an but always falling short. The Qur’an said bring something like it, not plagiarise its style in a substandard manner. So it’s no wonder no-one studies their works as a piece of literature let alone something which is distinguished for its literary qualities.’

Shaykh Hamza has commented on the challenge of the Quran: ‘When the best of Arab poets, rhetoricians, linguists etc., of a linguistically homogenous community of the time failed [to produce a surah like that of the Quran], the layman Muslim wonders how a bilingual/bicultural individual can succeed in reproducing an equivalent “Quran”. The task is so frustrating. My list will exhibit this fact’

I end this article by praising Allah subhanahu Wa Ta’ala and sending salutations on the Messenger of Allah, Muhammad sallal lahu alaihi wa salam and his family and companions.

And Allah knows best.

"

Habasha Sister

i don't know the name of the Specefic schools

:salam2:

hmm Bro Fahd Unfortunately i don't know the name of the
schools who r using this Fake quran, but i hope u can make some research to identify which schools, if any of u got any authenticate information about the specefic schools who r using this fake Quran plz let us know, Jazzak Allah Kahir.
i wan thank all of u for ur posts, May Allah strenghthen us in our deen, ameen.