Can someone tell me when our Eid'l Fitr would be?

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I'm currently working and it's really hard to get a time off with this company I'm in. I'm applying for it so I can join the early morning prayer on Eid'l Fitr (unfortunately my shift is from 6am-3pm) and I'm privileged for ONLY one time off. :frown: Would it be on the 23rd or 24th?

Jazakallaahu Khair

Abul Harith

Staff member
Asalam alaikom sister

Well that is a good question. The Eid is decided upon the sighting of the new moon in the same way as we decide the beginning of Ramadan. If the new moon is sighted on the 29th of Ramadan, then Eid will insha'allah be on Sunday 22nd October. Otherwise, if the new moon is not sighted we will complete the thirtieth fast and 1 Shawwal or Eid al Fitr shall fall on Monday 23rd October insha'allah.

Abu Hurairah Radiy'Allahu Anhu related the Messenger of Allah :saw: said: "Fast by sighting the (new) hilal, and break your fast by sighting. If there is a cloud, complete the counting of Sha'aban 30 days." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Wasalam,

Mu2min

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Thanks

Well I hope it would fall on the 23rd Insha Allaah because that is the only slot for time off that is not taken yet. :( May Allaah swt make it possbile for me to join the morning prayer and enjoy the Eid'l Fitr celebration ameen. That goes for everyone here too :)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

Amin Sister!! May Allah make it easy for you.

lol, that penguin is funny!

BintMuhammad

Staff member
AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

LOL that reflects my personality :biggrin: you guys are online huh, what time is it up there? yeah "up" coz im in the south :bananabb2in:

Serafeddin

AsSalamu Alaikum

I hope it is on monday too so that i can attend the prayer in the morning. A suggestion brother if i may, perhaps you can switch shifts with someone who perhaps has a later shift. I am not sure if thats possible where you work, but i am in a similar situation if it falls on sunday, and i have someone who is willing to switch days with me. InshaAllah it will work out for you.

Wasalm

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I hope it is on monday too so that i can attend the prayer in the morning. A suggestion brother if i may, perhaps you can switch shifts with someone who perhaps has a later shift. I am not sure if thats possible where you work, but i am in a similar situation if it falls on sunday, and i have someone who is willing to switch days with me. InshaAllah it will work out for you.

Wasalm

hurul-ein is a sister! :astag: or rather a Muslima penguin.

wasalam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Insha Allaah

Yeah I've thought about swapping shifts too if it doesn't fall on the 23rd. My restdays are on thursdays and fridays and if I swapped shifts, I won't be able to get a full rest :( but anyhow I might consider that if I have no other way. Thanks for the suggestion and may you make it on the morning prayer as well ameen.

bluey

When I read your posts it makes me sad that in the West Islam is ignored so blatantly when there are any number of you..
Alhamdulillah where I live it is a public holiday - all muslims get to celebrate together - much love and joy is spread at Eid ul Fitr because our people are recognised as an important part of the country.

No matter where you are, what your circumstance, make the best of it and rejoice! For you have successfully performed what Allah swt has ordained by fasting and doing the good work during ramadan and may all the blessings be yours...

Shawwal is a month long anyway..so whats stoppping you from celebrating for the next 29 days..?? lol...:tongue:

EID ul FITR MUBARAK...dont forget to pay ur fitrah.

ashah

:bismillah:
:salam2:
By ISNA(Islamic Society of North America),ICNA(Islamic Circle of North America) and IFCNA(Islamic Fiqh Coucile of NA) Canada the Eid-ul-Fiter is on 23rd of October as they are going by astronomical calculations. So you can go with them if you like ;). www.isna.org

But Toronto Halal Committee will be going either on 23rd or 24th by the sighting the moon of Shawal.

:wasalam:

Submitter

According to the following website:

http://moonsighting.com/1427shw.html

"On October 22, this moon is sightable at the South West coast of South America, which is East of North America."

"On Monday, October 23, it will be easily sightable in New Zealand, Australia, most of Africa, South America, Central America. With difficulty, it is sightable in India, Pakistan, Iran, and Iraq on Oct 23."

"In Northern Asia and Europe, it will be sightable on October 24."

May Allah guide us and help us to do that which is correct.

:wasalam:

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
insha allah on 23rd..

:bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in:

i am very happy :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa alaykum salaam

I hope everyone does eid on the same day......yea right...

Otherwise me n my sis will be celebrating a day before my family....haha

waslaam

Annisa

Assalamu'alaikum wr.wb

I hope Eid'l fitr is on monday too so I can go together with my husband,this time I have no problem with my child coz Alhamdulillah Eid'l fitr fall in a Herbst Ferien ( Autums holiday).