How do you forgive a person

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
I often hear ppl say you must forgive people, I have even it told people myself. But how do you forgive someone. I mean just because you utter words" don't mean you have forgiven someone, and often times I forget things but it does not mean I have forgiven them. So How do you forgive someone?

abdellah007

salam alaykum

it would be better if that person comes to u and demand forgivness so it would be face to face. if not u can only say it in urself and asking allah to accept it . that s only my point if view.

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
:salam2:

You just forgive them from your heart and seeking Allah's reward. Allah loves those who forgive people and are patient.

Allah says, "Take to forgiveness, command what is right, but turn away from the ignorant." (17:199).

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I often hear ppl say you must forgive people, I have even it told people myself. But how do you forgive someone. I mean just because you utter words" don't mean you have forgiven someone, and often times I forget things but it does not mean I have forgiven them. So How do you forgive someone?

Forgiveness is in Islam and showing compassion results in great reward from Allah. However, I guess the level of difficulty in it is due to the type of situation you're talking about. I would know considering I struggle with this issue all the time. I try to forgive but then it becomes so hard to hate a person and their actions again and its something I constantly have to remind myself that Allah loves those who forgive and who focus on their own shortcomings instead of the shortcomings of others.

huda2

You just forgive them from your heart and seeking Allah's reward. Allah loves those who forgive people and are patient.

Allah says, "Take to forgiveness, command what is right, but turn away from the ignorant." (17:199).

I agree with sulikha, forgiving someone just comes from yr heart fr the sake of allah. Its not only words that u saying I forgive u, and by the way it will set u free coz u wouldnt having any more negative toward that person. More u hate some one or not forgiving them is more they have power over u coz u are wasting yr energy and good deeds fr not forgiving them. allah knows best.

:wasalam:

koala

forgiving

i think forgiving a person is to overlook all the harms he/she has ever done to you.....to pretend that they didnt even happen and to go on treating that person as you normally would if he hadnt harmed you....not only that but you should also avoid thinking bad thoughts of the person and if you do then say isthaghfirillah and stop.....

thats my badly worded, clumsily phrased verdict of forgiveness....:hijabi:

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Jazakallah khayrun for replying bakc and yes I understand what you mean, I think I just need to ask for Allah helpp in learing how to forgive

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Jazakallah khayrun for replying bakc and yes I understand what you mean, I think I just need to ask for Allah helpp in learing how to forgive

Salam

If Allah is the most forgiving, we to should be able to forgive others in the same way.

If I can't forgive someone for what they have said or done to me in this world, how can I expect for Allah to forgive me for the sins I have commited. I surely would also love it for Allah to forgive me on the day of judgement.

Salam

shahidah123

Salam

If Allah is the most forgiving, we to should be able to forgive others in the same way.

If I can't forgive someone for what they have said or done to me in this world, how can I expect for Allah to forgive me for the sins I have commited. I surely would also love it for Allah to forgive me on the day of judgement.

Salam

MasyaAllah, i've read this before. Yes, i always tell myself if i want Allah s.w.t. to forgive me on the day of judgement, i Must be able to forgive everyone no matter how much they've hurt me.:ma:

Love my islam

I feel forgiving is easy but forgetting is hard because shaytaan whispers, nags and reminds us over and over again and makes it hard on us. My way to deal with it is to re mind myself that shaytaan loves to break ties and Allah loves those who forgive. And who should I please. Only my Allah.
Another way is to start praying for the person who has hurt you. Ask Allah to forgive him or her and give high reward. This act makes your heart more sincere and humble.
InshAllah Allah will love this and Shaytaan will go crazy.

Garnet_Stone

I agree with Shahida. Allah is the Most Merciful. Whoever asks for Allah's forgiveness will be forgiven. If our creator can be so forgiving, how can we not forgive others? In my opinion, it would be selfish of us not to forgive others if our creator can forgive anyone. Forgiveness should come from the heart, yes, but in order for that to happen we must understand why we need to forgive.

Abdul09

@Sulikha

There is no such Ayat in Para 17..
Para 17 goes upto Ayat 111 ONLY ???

Could you indicate from where you have this Ayat please.
Abdul09

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
@Sulikha

There is no such Ayat in Para 17..
Para 17 goes upto Ayat 111 ONLY ???

Could you indicate from where you have this Ayat please.
Abdul09

:salam2: You are right, this verse is not (17:199) but it is (7:199) in Surah Al-A'raf.

And Abdul09: it is not Para but it is Surah.

The most difficult thing in forgiving is to forget. It is very difficult to overcome that feeling which is associated with the memory of that event. But when someone overcome that feeling and truly forgive that person in such a way that you don't even remember what that person did to you, then the reward from Allah (SWT) is equally great.
:wasalam:

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

I am deeply sorry May Allah forgive me. :astag:

The surah and the ayah are (surah, Al-A'raf, Ayah 199).

The Prophet (scw) asked Jabreel (cs) the meaning of these verse, so he said that he would ask Allah, The All-knowing The Wise. when he returned, he said , O Muhamed, (scw) Allah commands you that you treat well those who mistreat you, give those who deprive you, and forgive those who wrong you."

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

When we forgive it is a reward from Allah subhana talla. He gives us the intention to forgive. When we are able to forgive we partake in the bath of purity. And as other brothers and sisters have written on the Blessed Day our light will, InshaAllah, be in front of us.
Yes, forgetting is difficult. But we move on. The Prophet (swas) was a person who did not remain still. He moved and walked quickly. If we move physically and psychologically we do not have time to dwell and be stuck in the negative. We do not have time. Is Allah not the Disposer of All Affairs?