New UK Law: Possible 7 Years Jail for Anti-Gay Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Stirring up hatred against homosexuals is to become a serious crime punishable with a seven-year jail sentence under a law announced last night. said:
The legislation - similar to laws already in force outlawing persecution on religious or racial grounds - will make criminals of those who express their views in ways that could lead to the bullying or harassment of gays.

The maximum sentence is longer than the average of around five years handed to rapists.

The announcement widened the rift between opposing supporters of freedom of speech and gay rights.

Christian groups condemned it as "a law to allow Christiansto be locked up for what they believe".

But the gay pressure group Stonewall said those who disapprove of homosexuals would have nothing to fear from the law if they express their views in a manner that is "temperate" and "polite".

Justice Secretary Jack Straw told MPs the gay harassment law will be included as an amendment to the Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill currently going before Parliament, though ministers have yet to decide the wording.

Mr Straw said: "It is a measure of how far we have come as a society in the last ten years that we are now appalled by hatred and invective directed at people on the basis of their sexuality.

"It is time for the law to recognise this."

He raised the prospect of extending the law to cover to "transgendered" people and the disabled.

The new law aims to catch those who do not explicitly call for attacks or discrimination against homosexuals, as this is covered by existing incitement laws.

Instead, police will be allowed to pursue those who create an "atmosphere or climate" in which hatred or bullying can be fostered. Officials said it would not prohibit criticism of gay, lesbian and bisexual people or joke-telling.

The final decision over who has "crossed the line" will rest with the police.

Criminal legislation on gay harassment follows the recent Sexual Orientation Regulations which make discrimination against gays an offence against civil law.

Last night a CofE spokesman said: "We will be scrutinising any legislation to ensure that it safeguards the safety and rights of minorities without jeopardising wider concerns for freedom of expression, including the expression of religious faith."

But Stonewall chief Ben Summerskill said: "We are crystal clear that this is not about constraining anyone from expressing their religious views in a temperate way.

"It is about preventing people from inciting hatred, whether through the lyrics of rap musicians or Muslim organisations which hand out leaflets saying that all homosexuals are paedophiles."

• Parents will be told if a paedophile posing a threat to their child moves into their home or street under amendments to the Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill introduced last night.

But there is still no general right for parents to ask if there is a paedophile living in their neighbourhood, as demanded by "Sarah's Law" campaigners after the murder of Sarah Payne seven years ago.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486452&in_page_id=1770

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Astaghfirullaah! But no one cares when someone degrades Islaam and the Muslims! *at wits end*

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

I was reading about a case recently where two men where jailed for a pitiful two years for raping two 10 and 12 year old girls! It was judged to have been 'too lenient' in the court of appeals so the right 'honourable' judge doubled the sentence. Now that's real British justice for you......

wasalam

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
"It is about preventing people from inciting hatred, whether through the lyrics of rap musicians or Muslim organisations which hand out leaflets saying that all homosexuals are paedophiles."

I wonder when they will make there a simple law what preventing people inciting hatred and saying that all Muslims (or Islamic organizations) are terrorists...

:angryred:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Those who are the kuffir are lost. They live in ignorance of the truth. Their interpertations of what is correct is wrong. They will continue to live lives in duplicity as they have selected to ignore the truth. But, gays represent the ills of the duyna and in that sense they are going to be protected by the representatives of the duyna.

God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

ASA,

Haha

I'm not suprised by hypocritical systems. Legalizing and extending gay rights is an indication of the Last Hour. This is not a solution to the problem, rather an encouragement to create an ill society and give protection to gays! :astag:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ Yeah pretty much. Becareful man! Don't wanna end up in jail if you teach your children that "homosexuality is immoral" :p
Well, this law is only in the UK I think, so that will mean that around 30% of the people on this site will have to becareful of what they type! Lol.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
^ Yeah pretty much. Becareful man! Don't wanna end up in jail if you teach your children that "homosexuality is immoral" :p
Well, this law is only in the UK I think, so that will mean that around 30% of the people on this site will have to becareful of what they type! Lol.

LoL Inshaa'Allaah UK based websites are not included. Otherwsie, bro Mabsoot has to move somewhere else :p

BGfromGB

faggots

so if I live in UK and refer to gay people as "faggots" I get 7 years?
That's right. So if you call gay people " gay" then that will cost you 10 years!!! But if you call them "politically correct happy chappies" then you will get a pat on the shoulder. So be careful who pats you on the shoulder!!!!

manOfpeace

so what about

what about if someone said to a gay Anti-Gay Comments and there is no one else, how will it be, what he gonna do

kayleigh

salaam

Teaching your kids that homosexuality is immoral does not mean that you should be teaching your kids to call gay people faggots/fags, or teaching them that it is ever acceptable to harass a gay person or call them that. I don't care what you think of homosexuality - calling homosexuals fags in a malicious manner is always wrong. If you think it's OK to teach your kids that, you shouldn't be reproducing.

None of us should be criticizing homosexuals (none have really, yet, except a few have come close...) because well...it's not our job, and also - what about gay Muslims? There are plenty, and many don't give into their temptations, but still have the urges and thoughts just like any heterosexual person would. If you want, think of it like this: would you call your Muslim brother or sister a fag? No? Then don't do it. Period.

That said, this is ridiculous. I'm all for fair treatment of homosexuals, tolerance, and a discouragement/decrease of this kind of language, and I'm an advocate for gay rights, but come on now...this is over the top. Especially when rapists get easier sentences than this. But none of us have to worry about the law, since none of us, being Muslims, should ever use that kind of language.

wasalaam

salaam

Teaching your kids that homosexuality is immoral does not mean that you should be teaching your kids to call gay people faggots/fags, or teaching them that it is ever acceptable to harass a gay person or call them that. I don't care what you think of homosexuality - calling homosexuals fags in a malicious manner is always wrong. If you think it's OK to teach your kids that, you shouldn't be reproducing.

None of us should be criticizing homosexuals (none have really, yet, except a few have come close...) because well...it's not our job, and also - what about gay Muslims? There are plenty, and many don't give into their temptations, but still have the urges and thoughts just like any heterosexual person would. If you want, think of it like this: would you call your Muslim brother or sister a fag? No? Then don't do it. Period.

That said, this is ridiculous. I'm all for fair treatment of homosexuals, tolerance, and a discouragement/decrease of this kind of language, and I'm an advocate for gay rights, but come on now...this is over the top. Especially when rapists get easier sentences than this. But none of us have to worry about the law, since none of us, being Muslims, should ever use that kind of language.

wasalaam

Asalaamlikum,

Plenty of gay Muslims? What??!! The fact that they call them selves gay AND Muslim does not seem right to me. I get the feeling that you actually support gay movements :astag: In reality there are more gays in a Western society than a Muslim society - that's a fact.

Islam, emphatically forbids this deed and prescribes a severe punishment for it, in this world and the next. How could it be otherwise, when Allah destroyed the people of Lut (pbuh) with the most terrifying kinds of punishment because they persisted in their sin and made this evil action commonplace and acceptable among themselves.

apocalypse77

salaam

wasalaam

thats right. advocating gay rights does not mean supporting gay sex and marriage

i give credit to those RELIGIOUS and STILL A VIRGIN gay muslims who practise control and urge of their desires to the extend they stay single all their life, because they know to marry someone they dont like and suddenly "think" of some gorgeous man while having sex with his wife to be cheating

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Asalaamlikum,

Plenty of gay Muslims? What??!! The fact that they call them selves gay AND Muslim does not seem right to me. I get the feeling that you actually support gay movements :astag: In reality there are more gays in a Western society than a Muslim society - that's a fact.

Islam, emphatically forbids this deed and prescribes a severe punishment for it, in this world and the next. How could it be otherwise, when Allah destroyed the people of Lut (pbuh) with the most terrifying kinds of punishment because they persisted in their sin and made this evil action commonplace and acceptable among themselves.

Brother, sister kayleigh is just saying that we should not worry about this because in the first place, we shouldn't be calling people with bad names or words regardless of who they are. We may advise these poor people but not to the extent of slandering them in public. Maybe you may in your heart :D What makes me hate this news is just that they make a big deal out of the feelings of gays but not the feelings of people whom they accuse as terrorist! :angryred:

Status
Not open for further replies.