Help wiTh muSiC

hey..i was jz hopin any1 mind tellin some tips of how to abstain from listening to music....i heard its haram but i jz cant stop listening to it..its jz too addictive cause ive been into music since i was a kid ....i cant even sleep without listening to some low type of tune...i listen it to like 12 hours a day....how do u stop from it?...im listenin to music while writing this post too :(

Steve940

:salam2:

Try listening to the Quran more often. Alhamdulilah your acknowledge that it is wrong, and are trying to stop, because many fail to make it past that. Try this website http://quranicaudio.com/ it has a lot of different recitors and quran files

Best of wishes,

Steve

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

..theres this really excellent answer to this question...i cannot find it right now...but its something like how 'Qur'an and Music cannot co-exist in a persons heart' its either one or the other.

...you cant sleep without hearing music?!! noway...:( hmm what do you listen to? some music is much more damaging to the soul than others, if your listening to....i dunno, heavy metal or something then woah thats bad!

this sounds like a drug addiction, i see the similarities. Maybe you could try to listen to Qur'an. There are some real amazing recitors around like Shatri, Luhaidan, Mishary... the list is endless.

May Allah help us all to keep away from this fitna

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

I can totally realte to what you are saying, i went there too, sleeping while listening to music, cooking while listening to music, studying, washing.... everything you could imagine i was listen music while doing it...

Now, i just don't like to, when i go somewhere where music is played i don't feel good, i;'d rather like it to be turned off, it just doesn't feel right anymore.. this came with my increasing understanding of Islaam, once you realise that as Isra said, that Qur'an and music are imcompatible, then you gotta to make a choice, i made mine, and i don't regret it at all, its one of the best things ever... and how can that be compared the melodious recitation of the Qur'an? And yes, it can be an addiction :( but it can be overcomed inshallah :)

the only truth

striving for jannah
salaam,

erm i can tell u a tip that actually made me stop listening to music even though initially i had no intention of it...my mate told me she stopped because music interrupted her in salah, n then i realised that i had the same problem...so in order to concentrate more on my salah i had no choice but to give up music...n now its been like 6 months and i h8 music now, i dont even listen to nasheeds with music subhanallah, obviously it was Allah's will...alhamdulillah

i tried to listen to the Quran but then i think lets jz hear to a little bit of music ...n then well u know i keep listenin to keep music after that.....thats the bad thing...its jz so addictive the tunes r going through my head even when im prayin but i try to concentrate while prayin..

Meraj

Brother

you have to clean ur heart by reciting QURAN as much as u can,,,,,becoz as already said above that Qur'an and music can not co-exhist in somebody;s heart...so u have to give up one of them.....hope inshallah ALLAH wil help you..

:wasalam:

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Same problem

I had the same problem. About 2 years ago, i bought an MP3 knowing that i had purchased it to put my fave songs on it... then there came a time that Ramadhan was coming and i had to get the earphones out of my ears. Luckily that morning at school, during our morning assembly that showed us a movie about the akhirah about a boy who had the sam problem. Well this boy has his walkman in his ears and the Athan went. As the athan was going for Maghrib prayer, he pushed his hands close to his ears to block out the call to prayer. The boys father and brothers who were rightly guided compared to him, got up to make Wudhu and pray Jamah. The father came to wake him up several times and upon the last time the father realises that the son has died. The sons soul, for the movie, is shown to the audience as he watches his own funeral. The audience are presented with sobbing noises of the family crying after the misguided son and how he left the world.. with music in his ears while the athan was going. Well the movie came to the end when the boy suddenly wakes up after this scary dream and to his surprise the athan is still going. After i watched that movie, and after i cried to it, because i saw myself in that boys position, i decided that that was the end to music for me. I thought to myself that i never know when I am going to die and if i do, what if i die with music in my ears. Also, the loss of 3 of my family members has changed me a bit, as i have attended funerals and thus i know where we are all going. Before this, i was an easy going 17 year old. But after attending a Janazah and knowing that we are going to a grave that is so deep and dark.. we should change..for the better. Today i use that same MP3 to listen to Quran. There are some beautiful Qari's out there. I personally enjoy Fahd Al Kanderi. Some of his revised recitations are magnificent.

I am not sure.. every one is different, but that movie changed me.. Alhamdililah.. :) :) :)

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Another Suggestion

Sister if you are thinking of getting those ear phones out of your ears, read the post Torture in Grave by Meraj.. truly there is some thing in that post that will help you get them out of your ears..

Hope it helps..

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
What helped me to give up I dont rememeber ,but since I learned it is haram I stopped listening little by little ...I started to listen for Nasheeds more ,its more beautiful then any music....
Also at my work I had to pray with music ,coz it wasnt up to me to shut it down ,then I just started haiting it ,coz it was distructing me so much ....
Now when its so quiet in my house and I hear muslic somewhere I just really hate it from my heart ,even little bit of it .I cant listen to it ,I just dont like it anymore ...
Yes before was the same everywhere with a music ,not anymore ...
Just by knowing its haram it made to think and tryed my best to stop ,hamdulillah it worked....

waaleikum salam

kayleigh

Salaam,

I think it's a great thing you're trying to do. Shows a lot of strength and dedication on your part.

Hide/sell/give away your iPod/mp3 player. Get rid of your CDs. Delete all the music on your computer. Keep any nasheeds or Qur'an recitations, of course. And if you feel the urge to listen to something while you're driving, listen to nasheeds. I would advise against listening to the Qur'an while driving, though, since I think you should concentrate completely when you listen to it and you just can't when you're driving. Just a personal opinion, though, not a ruling :)

Good luck!

And remember to pray and ask for Allah's (swt) help, up course!

Wasalaam

salam aleikum
Also at my work I had to pray with music ,coz it wasnt up to me to shut it down ,then I just started haiting it ,coz it was distructing me so much ....
waaleikum salam

Same way with my work. It's so annoying. I don't pray at work but the music irritates me so much. I've gotten to the point where I think I ignore it, but then since I hear the same CD over and over and over and over again, I even have dreams with the music in it! And when I'm studying the songs just pop into my head. It's soooo irritating.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Alhamdulillaah for this thread for a change LoL. May Allaah swt reward you for your intention of refraining from listening to music. One brother was right about many can't even pass the part of accepting that music is indeed haraam. So Mashaa'Allaah :) It is right to avoid it little by little until you realize one day, you no longer listen to it. May Allaah swt make it easy for you AMEEN.

Amirah20

Sis wear earplugs when you’re praying, and when you’re done take it off. InshaAllah that way you won’t hear music and you can consentrate on your salah.

isma3eel

salam alikom brothers and sisters. choose ur reciter whom u love his sound the best. this way u would have no excuse not to listen to him since u chose him and i suppose u love his voice. make him unique and dont be on a hurry on choosing him for da reasons i said already. Make a promise with urself and make Allah the judge of it, this is to listen to quran as much as u do listen to songs. Inshallah the quran will prevails and replace the songs from ur heart. finally, may Allah guide us all to the path of the righteous ppl. i hope this does work with u all brothers and sisters inshallah

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
well I am trying to cut out TV and music so what I did which may sound a liitle drastic but I fear Allah more was to get all the CDs and tv out of place, I gave them away and toss some in the trash. Now I am force to either listen to Quran ( which i really don't have to force myself) or listen to nothing at all and just reflect and remember Allah