Scandinavian section?

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

I know this came up before, but we never talked more about it... But could it be an idea to have a scandinavian section in here, now that more and more people from Scandinavia join this site?

Sunnit

salam alejkom.
we dont speek the same language.
sweden danmark and norway have kind of similar language we understand eachother. the finish have quite difrent, but they learn swedish in school.

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

Finnish ppl are always different :D

I mean, so proud they cant say "telephone" like the rest of the world, but has to say puhelimen hehehe...

Munaqaba23

Assalamu alaikum

Seriously, it would be nice to have a Scandinavian section here, and I suggest that language would be Swedish. I seem to understand some other Scandinavian languages too on writing(I have never studied them), but anyway I would answer in English...
These are my thoughts as a Finnish speaker :)
I guess someone would have to do voluntary work to translate these English things here to Swedish... I think my language skills are not good enough for that :( Sorry.

:wasalam:

UmmOf3

I cant translate to Swedish, I do not write that very well. My dad is finnish but from Sweden, I grew up with swedish in the house, but Norwegian is my language.

I have my own website in Norwegian, about the muslim woman and hijab, alhamdulillah, and a forum, and i translate short articles to my site too.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Puhelimen LOL that's really unique. Indeed, I only realized just now everybody uses the word telephone atleast simlar. But Mashaa'Allaah Puhelimen is really different :D

As for Scandinavian section, that's a nice idea. We can bring that up to the Admin but we were also asking for an Arabic section which has not yet been decided. Inshaa'Allaah soon.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
I went to Sweden and Finland back in 2004, i never went to Norway and it's the only scandinavian country i havnt been to yet, i['ve been to Danemark in 1998, i think :D i found Sweden the most beautiful, Stockholm is beautiful, we also went to a small village called Karlestad or something like that...

Sissih

AhlAlSunahWaDjama'ah
:salam2:
Yes, that would be nice!

I do understand Swedish people when they talk, and also a little bit when I read it.

But I think Danish is the easist language of the Scandinavian countries, hehe.

[And no, not because I live in Denmark]

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

inshaAllah, will be something we can implement in future.

the only word i can think of from Suomi is.. anteeksi

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
that would be nice I live in Denmark..allthouh I understand three other languages perfectly, it would be nice with such a section.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I thought Finland is not strictly Scandanivian ... or so I'm led to believe by Finish people.