Holy bible and Harry potter

BrotherZak

The bible is not a book of Jesus--

-it is book about jesus written by those who have never seen him and contradicting those who saw him. A book whose constituent ducucments had. been later on edited. A book involving the suppression of other accounts of Jesus...then harmonised, then interpreted then reedited again!

Would a Modern book be accepted if it was transmitted in the same manner? Honestly ask yourself.

Imagine i gave you the book harry potter by Jk Rowling....and tell you " just one thing umm its not her original work but actually copies of authors who read her work...but then each wrote the book according to their own interpretation of what happened...and...uhh...this was then copied by other authors who had their own interpretation of interpretation..but don't worry some more authors came in and wrote more copies..and well we've found some contradictions and removed some copies to make sure it makes more sense..thats why their is different versions and by the way one of the original authors never actually saw Jk rowling but they had a dream of her so they wrote what they thought she would want to have..ohh and i'm not entirely sure that the original authors actually met jr rowling in the first place but i hope their great fans enjoy the book"

kayleigh

Funny, too, since Harry Potter recently sold more copies than the Bible has. I guess people really like fiction... lol

dna1987

Muslim Guy
The New Testament Bible is more like the hadtih in my opinion... they are recorded narrations of what Jesus (as) said.

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!
:salam2:

just thought i'd add a bit of info...

for those that didn't know... The gospels were actually written down in Greek and not in the language of Aramaic that was spoken by Isa(alaihisalam)... and there are no original texts from either Hebrew or Aramaic...

And as we all know, meanings can be lost in translations... and as the texts were written down in Greek (not in Aramaic/Hebrew) and then translated in English, just take a minute to think of how many meanings would have been lost in translation...

for example... anyone recall those "Got Milk" ads? well apparently when they translated it into spanish... it effectively translated into a question... asking "Do you lactate"... rofl.. now that's a crack up... so just think of how much has been lost in translation...

BTW, This is a good book to read titled "Jesus & The Bible"... InshAllah people will benefit from it...

http://www.rahmet.org/ingilizcekitaplar/en2404.pdf

:wasalam:

maryam2k7

maryam
salaam
From what ive heard/ read about this topic it was actually based on a vote on changing the bible and even thou most people voted for it not to be changed the head priests decided to go n change it anyways!!!