Top 10 excuses by women who don’t wear the Hijab(find somewhere on the net)

salimkad

Top 10 excuses by women who don’t wear the Hijab (find somewhere on the net)

This list has been compiled after research and is not intended to offend or
insult anyone. After reading them it is possible to reach ones own conclusions.

1. Friends will reject me
The people I hang around with and really tight with none of them wear hijab/
jilbaab and they take the mickey out of those that do. Especially the hijabies
who check out boys and do dirty dancing at college.uni parties. Names like
fundies, molvies, hypocrites and they cover coz they are ugly. If I wear the
hijab then I will lose all my friends and have the piss taken out of me as well.

2. Harm my career
I worked my arse of to get where I am now in my career. I got a big salary,
status and I enjoy the respect I get from colleagues and community. I can’t
risk all that for a piece of cloth, besides I would look weird in board
meetings and work parties in the pub and nightclubs. InshAllah when I get
married in my 30s and have kids in my mid 30s, I’ll cover as I’m supposed to
then.

3. My family are westernised
No one in my family wears hijab, even my grandmother wears bright coloured
stylish clothes. If I were to wear the hijab I’d feel strange coz we have
family gatherings where all the women dress in sarees and other revealing
clothes and at our weddings we have a DJ playing bhangra music and we all dance
to bollywood tunes, even my grandmother does a few funky moves on the dance
floor.

4. Non-Muslims will stare
I’ve noticed since 7/11 that non-Muslims regard anyone who looks like a Muslim
as a potential terrorist and by wearing the hijab I would attract attention. By
wearing western clothes I get away with non-Muslims thinking I’m a Hindu, Sikh
or moderate non-practicing Muslim. I’ve even had white guys trying to chat me
up coz they think I’m up for it based on the tight western clothing that I wear.

5. I’m still young
I’m only 27 I’ve got my whole life ahead of me. I’m still enjoying life, u
know what I mean, flirting with guys,clubbing, hanging out with mates in
shopping centres. When I get married and have kids I’ll wear it then

6. I wont get attention from guys
I love the attention I get from guys and the way they look at me u know what
I mean. I’m checking out 3 guys at the moment. Ones my age, ones older and one
is older and married. I guess we all need a toy boy as well as a father figure
/sugar daddy. I’ll choose one of them, although I’ve got a few my age from uni
as back up.
After I’ve lived my life to the max and played the field and settled down
then I might consider wearing it, even cover my face coz I don’t wanna meet any
of my ex’s now do I ? Shoot 2 birds with 1 stone, appear pious and avoid hassle
with former boyfriends , great idea, hijab. Jilbab and niqab.

7. I dress modestly
I wear loose modest clothes which cover and hide my curves, I know my hair is
exposed but at least I’m more or less covered, better than a lot of girls/women
who dress like tarts.

8. People will think I’m a fundamentalist
There is so much in the media nowadays about Muslims getting radicalised and
rejecting western values and becoming fundamentalists. I just don’t want people
to think that I am one also. Although I know that the west and its values are
decadent and filthy, I don’t think it’s wise to express this. I pray and fast
etc, I don’t need to wear Islamic clothing to be a good Muslim coz Islam is in
my heart.

9. I worked hard to get this figure
After going to the gym and Pilates fro 6 months I’ve finally achieved the
hourglass figure which men find attractive. I enjoy the attention I get and
feel attractive. By wearing the hijab/jilbaab I would just be an ordinary woman
in the eyes of men and only religious types with big beards would be interested
in me.

10. When in Rome do as the Romans
We live in the UK and not in a Muslim country so why follow Islam rigidly?
Also compared to non-Muslim women who practically walk around naked I dress and
behave quite respectably.
Whenever I visit back home I wear different clothes coz I don’t want people
to think bad of me and my family. One day in my 60’s after I have lived my life
I will go to hajj and then become the perfect Muslimah, not now coz I believe
“when in Rome do as the Romans”.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Aliakum,

Very interesting to read.

Such sisters should wake-up before its tooooooo late.

“Verily, Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves” (Qur’an13:11).

“Everyone shall taste death. And only on the day of resurrection shall
you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from
the fire and admitted to paradise, this person is indeed successful.
The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception:" (Qur’an
3:185)

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in
goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who
patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we
belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings
from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157).

Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan

lmaestro

I’ve noticed since 7/11 that non-Muslims regard anyone who looks like a Muslim
as a potential terrorist and by wearing the hijab I would attract attention.

lol.

muslimguy

:salam2:

may Alah guide all our sisters to wear hijab and guide all our brothers to grow a beard and not be ashamed of who they are.

Sakeena

I Love Hijab!

salams,

Wow, I have no excuses as to not wear hijab, except my non-Muslim family's opposition to Islaam, but I really wanna wear it! I feel so beautiful and safe wearing it! I love to be different as well. I have very few friends, but I have Allah (SWT) and He's enough for me!

salam,

Sakeena :hijabi:

Muzlim

MashAllah I see so many young girls wearing the hijab proudly to school, well done to their parents for starting the dawah to their daughters early.

As for the excuses mentioned in the article, you will only hear them in the west.

zinirah

Wow these are the most stupid reasons i have heard before many many times. Oviously these are the sisters who really don't understand islam, and they only care about materialism & being a follower of this world. What a shame...and when you try to say anything to a sister who thinks these things they get all bent out of shape, so better just to pray for them insha'Allah. I do understand that its hard to give all these things up, but if we are truely muslims then we should fear Allah, and do as He says.

1. Friends will reject me <<<<< First of all you shouldnt hang out with people who will make your deen weak. You shouldnt make close friends with non believers even if they are so called "Muslims" you should watch who you hang out with.
2. Harm my career<<<<< If Allah wanted he could allow you to be poor, and make no money at all. You shouldnt care what people think of you. As long as you are doing the right thing then Allah will help you.

3. My family are westernised<<<<< There are many reverts to Islam who have western families, and they have hard times with their families, but Allah is testing your faith. Life is not a whole song and dance.Bhangra your ass into some clothes...lol..sorry.

4. Non-Muslims will stare<<<<<<< 7/11???My favorite place to get a drink:D If a person thinks that you are a terrorist you should prove them wrong by your actions. Don't go around walking with a gun in your hand, but instead you can appear as a muslim, and have a good character that is not going to scare people, and share islam in a non violent way.

5. I’m still young<<<<<First of all 27 is not even young...lol...hahaha well it's young, but a women should start wearing hijab when they reach puberty, and you shouldnt be clubbing, and hanging out with guys anyways...shame on you sisters who do this.

6. I wont get attention from guys<<<<<< When Allah will see that you are ready for marriage, then he will send you someone that He feels is best for you. Don't go around displaying yourself as a slut just to get attention from the opposite sex.

7. I dress modestly<<<<<< That sounds like what the christians say...christians these days think that just covering their breasts is being modest....soon it will be just covering your private is being modest.

8. People will think I’m a fundamentalist<<<<<Wearing hijab is not being fundamental...it's following Allah's command. Fear Allah , and dont fear man.

9. I worked hard to get this figure<<<<<<Then get your ass married, then you can show off your figure..lol

10. When in Rome do as the Romans<<<<<< No matter where you are Allah is watching you, no matter if your in Japan, America, Joes back yard, saudi arabia, you should know that Allah is watching all that you do. It's not that hard to wear hijab. Just you people are cowards!

This just shows how dumb a lot of "Muslim" women are these days....sorry...just being honest.

Isra

aka Tree2008
as for the excuses mentioned in the article, you will only hear them in the west.

As salamo alaikome

Im sorry bro/sis but this statement is not exactly correct. You wont "only hear these excuses in the West". I lived in the USA all of my life up until 3 months ago when I moved to Morocco leaving everything behind. The main reason for my move was my desire to live in a Muslim country where I could feel comfortable to practice my religion which I didnt completely feel that I could in the USA. While in the USA I rarely saw a woman wearing hijab but after learning about Islam whenever I did see a sister with hijab it made me feel so proud of her for having the courage and strength that I lacked.

Finally after making my decision to move to a Muslim country I am able to proudly wear hijab and jilaba all the time and thats very good for me but one thing I have noticed is that even here in a predominantly Muslim country there are too many women who prefer NOT to wear hijab!!! I have witnessed so many women who wear Jilaba without hijab and each time I think to myself "what is the point of that?" Then I noticed alot of girls and women who wear hijab with 'tighter than skin' clothing and once again I think "what is the point of that?"

Bottom line is I am not here to judge anyone..........that job is only Allah's so I figure each Muslim knows what they should and shouldnt be doing and although it is our responsibility to remind (as this thread does) it is NOT our place to judge. After all each and every one of us has our own sins to deal with dont we? Lets pray for these misguided sisters and ask Allah to touch their hearts with the beauty of Islam.

May Allah forgive me if I have said something wrong.

ShyHijabi

We need a "Top 10 excuses men give why they do not wear the beard" Or maybe why they wear silk ties, why they wear their pants beneath their ankles, why they wear tight clothing.

JenGiove

Are uou a radical feminist?

:salam2: Why did you ask THAT question? Sister Shy is one of the best sisters here and is both wise and strong.

What she suggested is a good idea. We women are bombarded with "women do this, women do that...."

Men have obligations too yet when was the last time you saw a thread entitled "Top 10 excuses why men don't _______________"

Maybe you could start that thread?

ShyHijabi

Let me get this straight, you think because I question why Muslim men are not expected to toe the line Islamically that I am a radical feminist? Well then, i guess I am by your definition. I expect our men to be MEN and imitate the Sunnah. I expect them to grow fist length beards, to refrain from wearing silk and to refrain from wearing gold.

If this makes me a radical feminist (by your definition) then it makes our Prophet one as well. (by your definition)

Idris16

We need a "Top 10 excuses men give why they do not wear the beard" Or maybe why they wear silk ties, why they wear their pants beneath their ankles, why they wear tight clothing.
Agree with you, yes! It's weird how men start speak bad about women that do not cover correctly when they themselves know little about islam or shave their beard. Not all men can grow beard, so that's not haram rather shaving it is haram. Even if the men would cover correctly they shouldn't question women about 'awrah, because the salaat and sawm are more important. We can't just jump to 'awrah when they don't even pray. Leaving salat is kufr, not covering yourself is not.

We must break the thing called ' I wear hijab because of culture', what culture, its islamic. If you wear it because of culture/tradition then it's something wrong. What if you move to another place with another culture, does that mean they will uncover the 'awrah?

@Ibn Uthaymin, I thought you meant good until I saw other replies. I'm confused what do you mean by radical feminist?

JenGiove

Let me get this straight, you think because I question why Muslim men are not expected to toe the line Islamically that I am a radical feminist? Well then, i guess I am by your definition. I expect our men to be MEN and imitate the Sunnah. I expect them to grow fist length beards, to refrain from wearing silk and to refrain from wearing gold.

If this makes me a radical feminist (by your definition) then it makes our Prophet one as well. (by your definition)

:salam2: Sister Shy

I was listening to a lecture yesterday and I heard something that left me in stitches....so much so, I might have to make it my signature. I've been doing alot of reading about the wives of The Prophet<pbuh>, especially Khadeejah Bint Khuwaylid, and the speaker was talking about how alot of men will come to them saying "Man! I want a wife like Khadeejah! My wife is not like Khadeejah."...and we say to them, "Subhanallah! Before your wife can be like Khadeejah, she needs a man like Mohammad!". I want to be like that strong, independent, smart woman. I think she had spunk.

So, Brothers, Gentlemen, remember that you must remind each other what YOUR obligations are for US and for Allah. Is it so wrong for us to expect anything less? I say no.

Ibn Uthaymin

I just asked a simple innocuous question . But i do think your idea is ridiculous. What would making threads do? Lots of heads what just twist their way around with difference of opinion. (Im telling you there is flawed difference of opinion on all the points you mentioned)

Every sinner is a saint.

@Idris radical feminist are bunch of ugly, retarded women who hate men. They burn their bra in protest of men and they call for "political lesbianism".

In other words they blame everything on men

One thing though, im not gassin on Shyhijabi wallah. Someone said she was a doctor and I have huge respect for doctors. I even asked my teacher if she was a radical feminist after she was spouting similar things about men.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Wow.. Really ! Are you serious ??

A sister reminds us men not to be *just* infatuated with what women should be or not doing. True that the man has to answer the way his wife and daughters were dressed infront of Allah azz zawajal on Yawm Al Qiyamah..

But there has to be a balance.. And men will be responsible for what is obligatory upon them with respect to pardoning the beard, covering their awrah and not letting their garments hang below their ankles.

Mentioning or reminding this to the men, doesn't make one a feminist. I was deeply disturbed that you were so quick to dismiss her reminders by relating it to 'radical feminism'.

And her idea is in no way ridiculous. If you can have common men and scholars encouraging women don't wear Hijab by refuting their 'excuses', then the same can be done (and has been done btw) for the excuses made by men.

I hope you show a lot more respect to your fellow sisters and brothers on TTI. I have to say I am deeply concerned after reading your replies to this sister and it reflects poor behavior on your part.. I am sorry if it hurts you, but I have to be frank.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi