3 and not 5 prayers in Turkey

ozturking

That is why Allah s.v.s sent punishment to turkey, the earthquake, and everything was destroyed except the masjid. Is there anyone who will be mindful? What else is coming to turkey and other muslim countries from Allah if they don;t change is much worse.

Assalamu alaykum

dear brother,
i am afraid i do not agree this statement. i dont think that earthquake is a punishment of Allah, and let me tell you that many masjids collapsed too. if Allah was to punish us in this world, why not United States in the first place? Many people died by that earthquake, because they were sleeping in unsound buildings. Every year dozens of quakes happen in Japan and just a few dies, which is because they build sound places. Allah's punishment and reward inshaAllah in the afterlife.

:wasalam:

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother ozturking,

You wrote the following in post #20:

:salam2:
first of all, there is no such religious consultative council in turkey. the mentioned person and agency is from a university, what they claim bounds only themselves.
i have never heard that kind of a debate among muslims in turkey, and i am pretty sure that no conscious muslim turk would value that kind of a claim.

:mashallah: Bluegazer for the explanations, I guess you are Turk too.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for the information you have provided. I was glad when you said, "and i am pretty sure that no conscious muslim turk would value that kind of a claim."

Secondly, I'd also like to thank you for your kind remarks about my explanation. For you to guess that I'm a Turk was also a kind remark from you [since it shows you believe in or deem what I wrote in post #19 as reliable]. I am, however, not a Turk. I'm an Arab.

That being said, I'm very interested in Turkish history, especially of the Ottoman Empire and the Ottoman Caliphate.

Every dynasty that ruled the Islamic world [or most of it] had its advantages and disadvantages. And this also applies to the Ottomans as well. Of the advantages of the Ottomans was the following:

1- They were very proud of Islam and their service to Islam.

An interesting historical fact was that the Ottoman Sultan Selim the First -may Allah have mercy on him- [in whose reign Mecca and Medina became part of the Ottoman Empire] called himself the "Custodian/Servant of the Two Holy Mosques/Areas".

If you enter the term خادم on the first field on the right in the following link:

http://www.dorar.net/history.php

Then you will get the following result [in Arabic] which shows one of the events of the year 923 AH [i.e., 923 lunar years after the migration of Prophet Muhammad -peace be upon him- from Mecca to Madinah]:

(سليم الأول) يستلم مفاتيح الكعبة ويعلن نفسه خليفة على المسلمين ولقب بخادم الحرمين الشريفين ، بعد أن أَكره آخر خلفاء بني العباس الرمزي (المتوكل على الله) على التنازل عن الخلافة وقد حُمل إليه أسيرا إلى الأستانة بعد فتحه للقاهرة

My translation is as follows:

Selim the First receives the keys to the Ka'ba and declares himself as a Khalifa over the Muslims and is styled "Custodian/Servant of the Two Holy Mosques/Areas" after he forced the last of the symbolic Khulafaa' of the sons of Al-Abbaas (Al-Mutawakkil Ala'llaah) to give up the Khilaafa and was carried to him as a captive in Al-Istana [i.e., Istanbul] after he conquered Cairo.

Without commenting on certain facts in the above story, I'm just amazed that Sultan Selim the First was the first to be called the ""Custodian/Servant of the Two Holy Mosques/Areas".

In most Muslims' minds the first ruler to have that title was the late King Fahd ibn Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia [may Allah have mercy on him]. I actually found an old booklet that shows that his predecessor, [King Khalid ibn Abdul Aziz -may Allah have mercy on him-] was also called with that title.

And of course every Muslim is very proud of the accomplishments of Sultan Muhammad II son of Murad II -may Allah have mercy on him and his father-, who is called Al-Faatih [the Conqueror] for ending the Eastern Roman Empire [also called the Byzantine Empire] by conquering its capital Constantinople in 857 AH. It is now the great city of Istanbul.

2- The Ottomans gave great contributions to the Islamic Civilization.

For example, their architecture is just breathtaking. All those huge and beautiful mosques with great domes [with no pillars] show how advanced they were in this fiield. The architect Sinan [may Allah have mercy on him] was a great architect of the Ottoman era.

For anyone interested in reading about Ottoman history, please read the article "The World of Süleyman the Magnificent" in the November 1987 issue of the National Geographic magazine. Of course, not everything in that article is guaranteed to be correct from the Islamic point of view. So, caution needs to be taken when reading it.

I also don't like the term "the Magnificent" given to Sultan Suleyman, since it sounds like one of the Names or Attributes of Allah. It was -most likely- a translation done by Christians or other non Muslims. I believe he was termed Al-Qaanuni which roughly translates to 'the Lawyer". In his reign, the Ottoman Empire was at the height of its power.

3- In the period of Ottoman rule, the Holy Land in Palestine was safe from the Crusaders.

----------------------------------------------

It is , therefore, with great sadness, that I view some of the things that happened to Turkey since the end of the Ottoman Empire.

I was really shocked to learn that the entire alphabet of the Turkish language was Latinized. Before, the Turkish language [like Urdu, Farsi and other languages found in the Islamic World] was written with Arabic letters. It was still an independent language.

Like English, French, German, Spanish are all written using Latin letters [i.e., A, B, C ....etc.] but are independent languages.

I believe that made it a lot harder for ordinary Turks to read the Qur'an in Arabic. However, since I'm not a Turk, I believe you have better and more trustworthy information about this.

----------------------------------------

One final question to you and any Turks reading this:

Is it true that it's illegal to name a new baby boy in Turkey with the name Muhammad?

I have heard this, but I wanted to ask Turks about it, since it may be a lie.

----------------------------------------

I wish you all the best brother ozturking, and take care of yourself.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

ozturking

:salam2:
i am extremely happy reading all you have written and have to mention that even many turks are not aware of these facts.

to answer your question, no, it is not forbidden in turkey to give babies the name mohammed. it is true that modern turkish republic is far different than that of ottoman empire. many 'reforms' are made, among which there were necessary ones. however, i may say that turkish people in all times had and have a special concern on prophet mohammed saw. we know that possible relatives of him were always treated as privileged. even in modern turkey, today's soldiers of turkish army is called 'mehmed' publicly, which is derived from the name mohammed.
in all times sultans of the ottoman empire gave a considerable importance to the Hejaz area, which includes the railway built by Abdulhamid 2nd. I am so sorry to say that we only have a station left in medina and the whole railway is destructed.

dear brother,
alhamdulillah i have just returned from omrah, and it has grieved me to see the ottoman castle called 'ajiyad' near the kaaba is totally destructed and disappeared. i am even more sorry to see those so called zamzam towers which are built in the place of the castle. i hope that you share these feelings about the things happening. this is not about a national pride but all those towers and hotels around the kaaba forms such a terrible scene.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My dear and respected brothers and sisters, I wish to thank you for taking the time to research and set right knowldege. I will InshaAllah read each article mentioned to add to my very limited and humble knowledge.
I further wish to add this is the way we need to attend to all subjects. We need to respectful and keep the good of the ummath in our heats and minds.

muharram23

Staff member
dear brother,
i am afraid i do not agree this statement. i dont think that earthquake is a punishment of Allah, and let me tell you that many masjids collapsed too. if Allah was to punish us in this world, why not United States in the first place? Many people died by that earthquake, because they were sleeping in unsound buildings. Every year dozens of quakes happen in Japan and just a few dies, which is because they build sound places. Allah's punishment and reward inshaAllah in the afterlife.

:wasalam:

all these things that happend around the world like tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes, huricanes, tornadoes is a punishment from Allah s.v.a weather we belive in it or not or wether we say ooh its natural thing. One time there was earthquake in medina during the time of omar ibn al khatab. Omar ibn al khatab called all the people of medina and said something like this, that this earthquake was a result of people doing sins, and that they if they don't stop with that, that he would leave them. And why Allah doesnt punish wester countries. Of course he does. EVeryday there is a tornado, huricanes, fire, floods, all punishments from Allah s.va. Brother i know that in turkey sisters practicing islam have less rights than anywhere around the world. Ive also heard that 2nd most # of prostitutes in the world are there in turkey. If im wrong please correct me about this. And why Allah punish muslims first, because we read the quran and we have the sunnah but we dont follow. Barakalllah feek.

Assalamau alaykum

Allah knows best

apocalypse77

That is why Allah s.v.s sent punishment to turkey, the earthquake, and everything was destroyed except the masjid. Is there anyone who will be mindful? What else is coming to turkey and other muslim countries from Allah if they don;t change is much worse.

Assalamu alaykum

im afraid u use the wrong word. sometimes good things even happen to bad people and even BETTER things happen to bad people. why do you think the concept of hikmah come about? sometimes i think Allah blessed the non Muslims with even more wealth and power than us Muslims? But does that mean Allah loves the non Muslims more? you be the judge

muharram23

Staff member
im afraid u use the wrong word. sometimes good things even happen to bad people and even BETTER things happen to bad people. why do you think the concept of hikmah come about? sometimes i think Allah blessed the non Muslims with even more wealth and power than us Muslims? But does that mean Allah loves the non Muslims more? you be the judge

barakallah feek, but i think u misunderstood me

Assalamu alaykum

muharram23

Staff member

Just know that Allah gives the disbelievers wealth and the goods of this world so they forget about akhira (afterlife) which they did.

20. And on the Day that the Unbelievers will be placed before the Fire, (It will be said to them): "Ye received your good things in the life of the world, and ye took your pleasure out of them: but today shall ye be recompensed with a Penalty of humiliation: for that ye were arrogant on earth without just cause, and that ye (ever) transgressed."

muharram23

Staff member

Question:
Many countries have had earthquakes, such as Turkey, Mexico, Taiwan, Japan, etc. Does this mean anything (from an Islamic point of view)?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Praise be to Allaah, and peace and blessings be upon the Messenger of Allaah, and upon his family, companions, and those who follow his guidance.

Allaah is the All-Wise, All-Knowing in all that He wills and decrees, and He is the All-Wise, All-Knowing in all that He legislates and commands. He creates and decrees whatever signs He wills, to frighten His slaves and remind them of their obligations and duties towards Him, and to warn them against associating anything in worship with Him, going against His commands and doing that which He has forbidden. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We sent not the signs except to warn” [al-Israa’ 17:59]

“We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur’aan) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?” [Fussilat 41:53]

“Say: ‘He has power to send torment on you from above or from under your feet, or to cover you with confusion in party strife, and make you to taste the violence of one another.’” [al-An’aam 6:65]

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that when the aayah (interpretation of the meaning) “Say: ‘He has power to send torment on you from above” was revealed, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “A’oodhu bi wajhika (I seek refuge in Your Face”; “or from under your feet”, he said, “A’oodhu bi wajhika (I seek refuge in Your Face).” (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 5/193).

(Abu’l-Shaykh al-Isbahaani narrated from Mujaahid concerning the Tafseer of this aayah, “Say: ‘He has power to send torment on you from above”: (this means) al-Sayhah (the shout or tumult), stones and strong wind; “or from under your feet”, (means) earthquakes and being swallowed up by the earth.)

Undoubtedly the earthquakes that are happening these days are among the signs which Allaah uses to frighten His slaves. All the earthquakes and other things which happen and cause harm and injury to people are because of shirk and sins, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much” [al-Shoora 42:30]

“Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allaah, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself” [al-Nisaa’ 4:79]

And Allaah said concerning the nations of the past:

“So We punished each (of them) for his sins, of them were some on whom We sent Haasib (a violent wind with shower of stones) [as on the people of Loot (Lot)], and of them were some who were overtaken by As-Saihah [torment — awful cry, (as Thamood or Shu‘ayb’s people)], and of them were some whom We caused the earth to swallow [as Qaaroon (Korah)], and of them were some whom We drowned [as the people of Nooh (Noah), or Fir‘aun (Pharaoh) and his people]. It was not Allaah Who wronged them, but they wronged themselves” [al-‘Ankaboot 29:40]

What Muslims and others who are accountable and of sound mind must do is repent to Allaah, adhere firmly to His Religion and avoid all that He has forbidden of Shirk and sin, so that they may be safe and attain salvation from all evils in this world and the next, and so that Allaah will ward off from them all harm, and bless them with all good. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if the people of the towns had believed and had the Taqwaa (piety), certainly, We should have opened for them blessings from the heaven and the earth, but they belied (the Messengers). So We took them (with punishment) for what they used to earn (polytheism and crimes).” [al-A’raaf 7:96]

And Allaah says concerning the People of the Book (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if only they had acted according to the Tawraah (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), and what has (now) been sent down to them from their Lord (the Qur’ân), they would surely, have gotten provision from above them and from underneath their feet” [al-Maa’idah 5:66].

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Did the people of the towns then feel secure against the coming of Our punishment by night while they were asleep? Or, did the people of the towns then feel secure against the coming of Our punishment in the forenoon while they were playing? Did they then feel secure against the Plan of Allaah? None feels secure from the Plan of Allaah except the people who are the losers.” [al-A’raaf 7:97-99]

Al-‘Allaamah Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Allaah sometimes gives the earth permission to breathe, which is when major earthquakes happen; this makes people feel scared, so they repent, give up sins, pray to Allaah and feel regret [for their sins]. When there had been an earthquake, some of the Salaf said: your Lord is warning you. When Madeenah was struck by an earthquake, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with you) addressed the people and said: if there is another earthquake, I will not stay here with you.”

And there are many similar reportes from the Salaf.

Our response when there is an earthquake or some other sign such as an eclipse, strong winds or floods, should be to hasten to repent to Allaah and pray to Him for safety, and to remember Him much and seek His forgiveness, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said when there was an eclipse: “If you see anything like that, hasten to remember Him, call on Him and seek His forgiveness.” (Part of an agreed-upon hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (2/30) and Muslim (2/628)).

It is also mustahabb (recommended, encouraged) to show compassion to the poor and needy, and to give charity to them, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Show mercy, you will be shown mercy.” (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 2/165)

“Those who are merciful will be shown mercy by the Most Merciful. Have mercy on those who are on earth, and the One Who is in heaven will show mercy to you.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood (13/285), al-Tirmidhi (6/43)).

“Whoever does not show mercy will not be shown mercy.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5/75), Muslim (4/1809)).

It was reported that when there was an earthquake, ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez (may Allaah have mercy on him) would write to his governors telling them to give in charity.

One of the things which will help to keep people safe and sound is if the authorities impose an immediate crack-down on the foolish elements in society, forcing them to behave and applying the laws of sharee’ah to them, enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The believers, men and women, are Awliyaa’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah), and give the Zakaah, and obey Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah will have His Mercy on them. Surely, Allaah is All-Mighty, All-Wise” [al-Tawbah 9:71]

“Verily, Allaah will help those who help His (Cause). Truly, Allaah is All-Strong, All-Mighty. Those (Muslim rulers) who, if We give them power in the land, (they) enjoin Iqamat-as-Salaah [i.e. to perform the five compulsory congregational Salaah (prayers) (the males in mosques)], to pay the Zakaah and they enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism and all that Islam has forbidden) [i.e. they make the Qur’aan as the law of their country in all the spheres of life]. And with Allaah rests the end of (all) matters (of creatures).” [al-Hajj 22:40-41]

“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him.” [al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

And there are many aayaat on this topic.

The Prophet ( peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever meets the need of his brother, Allaah will meet his needs.” (Agreed upon; al-Bukhaari, 3/98; Muslim, 4/1996).

And he ( peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever relieves a believer of some of the distress of this world, Allaah will relieve him of some of the distress of the Day of Resurrection. Whoever makes things easier for one who is suffering hardship, Allaah will make things easier for him in this world and in the Hereafter. Whoever conceals a Muslim’s faults, Allaah will conceal his faults in this world and in the Hereafter. Allaah will help a person so long as he helps his brother.” (Narrated by Muslim, 4/2074). And there are many ahaadeeth on this topic.

Allaah is the One Whom we ask to reform the affairs of all the Muslims and to bless them with proper understanding of Islam and help them to adhere steadfastly to it and repent to Allaah from all their sins. We ask Him to reform all those who are in authority over the Muslims’ affairs and to support the Truth and eradicate falsehood through them, and to help them to rule the people according to the laws of sharee’ah, and to protect them and all the Muslims from misguidance and temptation and the tricks of the Shaytaan, for He is Able to do all that.

May the blessings and peace of Allaah be upon our Prophet Muhammad, and upon his family and companions, and those who follow them in truth until the Day of Resurrection.

ichigo

broters and sisters there is no fatwa like this In TURKEY be logic pls
this is some tricks that make belivers quarrel muslim have to be smart

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brothers and almeghalawy,

ichigo wrote the following:

broters and sisters there is no fatwa like this In TURKEY be logic pls
this is some tricks that make belivers quarrel muslim have to be smart

And almeghalawy added:

not in egypt.

You are both mistaken. This "fatwa" [religious opinion] was issued in Turkey by Dr. Muhammed Nur Doğan. And Gamal Al-Banna in Egypt concurred with it. Notice how I used the quotation marks " " to show I believe that this opinion is completely wrong.

Please read post #19 on this thread to see the source of this information, and to view my response.

In addition, I'd like to add the following sources.

Please read the following article found on the AlArabiya.net website:

Calls it modern necessity

Egyptian thinker backs Turkish 3-prayer fatwa

DUBAI (AlArabiya.net)

A Turkish fatwa sanctioning Muslims should pray three times instead of five a day stirred controversy among Egyptian religious circles, with an Islamic thinker considering it “a modern necessity”, but others dismissed it at face value.

“Merging prayers has become a modern necessity. In most cases, people do not always perform the five prayers on time due to the pressures of modern life,” Islamic thinker Gamal Al-Banna told Al-Arabiya.net.

Islamic thinker Gamal Al-Banna told Al-Arabiya.net that prayer merging is a modern necessity. He pointed out that in most cases the 5 prayers are not performed on time due to the pressures of modern life.

Al-Banna based his theory on the fact that Islam is about flexibility and not rigidity and that the prophet himself has sanctioned merging prayers in many cases to set an example to his people.

Al-Banna, who is known for untraditional interpretations of Islamic rules, added that the prophet was aware of many cases in which people cannot do exactly what's required of them, and that is why exceptions were always taken into consideration.

Al-Banna counted some examples of necessities in modern life style, such as traffic jams, Ramadan banquets, college and school class schedule, and even afternoon naps.

Member of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs Sheikh Youssef Al-Badri, however, rejected the argument, emphasizing it was unacceptable to broaden the cases that permit prayer merging. "We should only stick to the four cases in Sunnah."

The cases, according to Badri, sanctioned by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) are travel, illness, rain, and pilgrimage.

Al-Badri told Al-Arabiya.net that there is nothing called modern emergencies. "Classes should be interrupted in prayer time or re-scheduled altogether." He cited the example of a scholar who, fifty years ago, stated that going to class is like going to war, thus the same prayer exceptions apply. "This crossed the line," he commented.

Some scholars even go as far as considering prayer merging "a grave sin."

Istanbul University Professor Mohamed Nour Dugan early this week issued a fatwa that Muslims could merge noon with afternoon prayers and sunset with evening. The ruling sparked controversy in Turkey.

(Interviews by Farraj Ismail, translated by Sonia Farid)

Source: http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2007/10/10/40174.html

The following article is in Turkish. It seems to be about the same subject, but I'll need the help of the Turkish brothers and sisters in Islam to verify that it's about the same subject. It is from the Sabah daily newspaper website:

'Namaz zordayken 3 vakit kılınabilir'

Kemal PEHLİVANOĞLU HABER MERKEZİ

Televizyonda başlayan 'üç vakit namaz' tartışmasında ilahiyatçıların görüşü: Zorunlu hallerde olabilir..

İstanbul Üniversitesi Öğretim Üyesi Prof. Dr. Muhammet Nur Doğan'ın "Namaz 3 vakit kılınabilir" sözüne din hocalarından destek geldi. Prof. Dr. Doğan Kanal 1'de yayınlanan "Muhabir" adlı televizyon programında İslam'da namazın 5 vakit yerine 3 vakit kılınabileceğini söylemişti. Bu konuda ilahiyat hocalarının görüşleri şöyle:

* Prof Dr. Ali Köse: 3 vakitte namaz kılmak İslam'da namazların birleştirilmesi ile alakalı. Öğle ile ikindinin, akşam ile yatsının birleştirilmesi. Zorunluluktan kaynaklı bir durum Peygamberimiz de bunu uygulamıştır. Ayrıca Şii kültürünü tanıyanlar da bilir. İran'da da günlük ibadet 3 vakittir. Zorunlu durumlarda namazların birleştirilerek kılınmasındaki amaç 5 vakiti 3 vakite indirmek değil. Gerektiğinde 5 vakit namazı 3 vakitte kılmaktır.

* Prof. Emrulllah Yüksel: Namazlar birleştirilebilir. Beş vakit üç vakitte de birleştirilebilir. Bu seferiye veya bunun benzeri sıkışık durumlarda uygulanır.

* Prof. Abdullaziz Bayındır: Namazlar 3 vakitte birleştirilebilir. Öğle ikindiyle, akşam da yatsıyla birleştirilir. Bu zorunlu hallerde gerçekleştirilir. Yolculuk, toplantı, sıkıntılı durumlar gibi.

Source: http://www.sabah.com.tr/2007/09/27/haber,971E43B934414FE186B5CC2ED3E445F5.html

Brother ozturking [a Turkish citizen] gave good remark in post #20 when he said:

first of all, there is no such religious consultative council in turkey. the mentioned person and agency is from a university, what they claim bounds only themselves.
i have never heard that kind of a debate among muslims in turkey, and i am pretty sure that no conscious muslim turk would value that kind of a claim.

I agree with him that "the mentioned person and agency is from a university, what they claim bounds only themselves", and that "no conscious muslim turk would value that kind of a claim".

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

apocalypse77

Just know that Allah gives the disbelievers wealth and the goods of this world so they forget about akhira (afterlife) which they did.

20. And on the Day that the Unbelievers will be placed before the Fire, (It will be said to them): "Ye received your good things in the life of the world, and ye took your pleasure out of them: but today shall ye be recompensed with a Penalty of humiliation: for that ye were arrogant on earth without just cause, and that ye (ever) transgressed."

ok this is something i dont understand from ur statement. You mean to say Allah purposely gives so much wealth to disbelievers and wants to put disbelievers into hell for me not believing in him when obviously he MADE them not believe in him?

wont that be saying allah has chosen his people who will or not believe in him and that those who were born muslims were the luckiest bunch of people? why would he wana make one lucky fella born into a muslim when he himself isnt practising? where is the whole quality vs quantity motto?

sorry if i come across as direct but this has been something ive always been wondering about islam i still cant get across my head

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
subbhanallah :girl3: at whos convienece is this we are recommended by allah to pray 5 y go against allah wen ALLAH IS MERCIFULL AND GIVES US THE REWARD OF 50 PRAYERS FOR EACH PRAYER WE COMPLETE AND THESES PEOPLE ARE SEEKING LESS REWARD FROM ALLAH THE MOST MERCIFULL may allah have mercy on us all subbhanallah!!!!!!!:tti_sister:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
ok this is something i dont understand from ur statement. You mean to say Allah purposely gives so much wealth to disbelievers and wants to put disbelievers into hell for me not believing in him when obviously he MADE them not believe in him?

wont that be saying allah has chosen his people who will or not believe in him and that those who were born muslims were the luckiest bunch of people? why would he wana make one lucky fella born into a muslim when he himself isnt practising? where is the whole quality vs quantity motto?

sorry if i come across as direct but this has been something ive always been wondering about islam i still cant get across my head

ALLAH GUIDES WHOM HE PLEASES AND UR DESTINY IS WRITTEN FOR U TO BELIEVE OR NOT WE BELIEVE THAT GOOD AND BAD COMES FROM ALLAH AND ALLAH HAS FULL KNOWLEDGE BEFORE IT TAKES PLACE ALL OUR DESTINY IS WRITTEN BEFORE WE WERE CREATED "THE INK HAS DRIED" BUT WE HAVE FREE CHOICE BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW OUR DESTINY SO WE ARE JUDGED NOT ONLY ON WHAT WE DO BUT OUR INTENTION HOPE THAT ANSWERED UR QUESTION IF NOT I ENCOURAGE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR MUSLIMS AND NON MUSLIMS ALIKE TO UNDERSTAND THIS AS IT IS A PILLAR OF BELIEF BUT ALLAH KNOWS BEST ANY THING WRONG I SAY IS FROM SATAN AND ANYTHING RIGHT IS FROM ALLAH

MAY ALLAH GUIDE US TO THE RIGHT PATH AMEEN

MTYKK

Banned
Assalamu Alaikum brothers and almeghalawy,

ichigo wrote the following:

And almeghalawy added:

You are both mistaken. This "fatwa" [religious opinion] was issued in Turkey by Dr. Muhammed Nur Doğan. And Gamal Al-Banna in Egypt concurred with it. Notice how I used the quotation marks " " to show I believe that this opinion is completely wrong.

Please read post #19 on this thread to see the source of this information, and to view my response.

In addition, I'd like to add the following sources.

Please read the following article found on the AlArabiya.net website:

Source: http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2007/10/10/40174.html

The following article is in Turkish. It seems to be about the same subject, but I'll need the help of the Turkish brothers and sisters in Islam to verify that it's about the same subject. It is from the Sabah daily newspaper website:

Source: http://www.sabah.com.tr/2007/09/27/haber,971E43B934414FE186B5CC2ED3E445F5.html

Brother ozturking [a Turkish citizen] gave good remark in post #20 when he said:

I agree with him that "the mentioned person and agency is from a university, what they claim bounds only themselves", and that "no conscious muslim turk would value that kind of a claim".

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

This article you quoted talks about the ability to merge dhur with 'asr and maghrib and 'isha at the time of necessity. I think everybody loves to BLOW THINGS OUT OF PROPORTION. This is a known allowance in Islam which the Beloved Muhammad (sas) practiced, nothing new, 1400 years old. No one is trying to change the number of Salaah that needs to be performed (from the Muslims), they're just informing the public so that they do their Salaah, and understand the methods and ways and don't give Salaah up. Please brothers, don't be so quick to throw dirt on your brothers. You're talking about people who had the Khalifa, who love Allah and his Messenger passionately, who grew masterminds of Islamic Rhetoric, Understanding, Calligraphy, Architecture. Who taught many nations Islaam. Who lived the True Islamic Democracy in its glory (for the most part). Don't be in a 50 year history tube. "Wal 'asr, Innal Insaana Lafee Khusr"
Salaamun Aleykum.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother MTYKK,

Thank you for reading and quoting my post #32.

I need to mention three points:

--------------------------------

1- You wrote:

This article you quoted talks about the ability to merge dhur with 'asr and maghrib and 'isha at the time of necessity. I think everybody loves to BLOW THINGS OUT OF PROPORTION. This is a known allowance in Islam which the Beloved Muhammad (sas) practiced, nothing new, 1400 years old. No one is trying to change the number of Salaah that needs to be performed (from the Muslims), they're just informing the public so that they do their Salaah, and understand the methods and ways and don't give Salaah up.

I think you misunderstood the point.

We know that in times of necessity a Muslim can pray the noon [thuhr] and the afternoon [asr] prayers together, and the sunset [maghrib] and the evening [isha'] prayers together.

The calamity is when people like Muhammed Nur Doğan and Gamal Al-Banna have gone over the step in defining these necessities.

I quoted the following in post #19 [and I now coloured some phrases in red and set them in bold type, like this], and there's one word I underlined:

A member of the scientific council of Istanbul University, Muhammad Nour Dughan, has issued a controversial fatwa or religious edict cutting Islamic prayer requirements from five to three times a day.

The move has provoked widespread debate as well as opposition from orthodox imams or Muslim clerics.

Sharia law allows for the possibility of praying three times a day in case of sickness or travel.

The fatwa extends this option allowing Muslims to pray three times a day, especially when they are heavily committed with work or personal issues.

And as I quoted in post #32 [again colouring some phrases in red and setting them in bold type like this]:

Islamic thinker Gamal Al-Banna told Al-Arabiya.net that prayer merging is a modern necessity. He pointed out that in most cases the 5 prayers are not performed on time due to the pressures of modern life.

Al-Banna based his theory on the fact that Islam is about flexibility and not rigidity and that the prophet himself has sanctioned merging prayers in many cases to set an example to his people.

Al-Banna, who is known for untraditional interpretations of Islamic rules, added that the prophet was aware of many cases in which people cannot do exactly what's required of them, and that is why exceptions were always taken into consideration.

Al-Banna counted some examples of necessities in modern life style, such as traffic jams, Ramadan banquets, college and school class schedule, and even afternoon naps.

And if you believe I was mistaken, then there's an Egyptian scholar who responded to this by saying [as I quoted in post #32]:

Member of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs Sheikh Youssef Al-Badri, however, rejected the argument, emphasizing it was unacceptable to broaden the cases that permit prayer merging. "We should only stick to the four cases in Sunnah."

The cases, according to Badri, sanctioned by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) are travel, illness, rain, and pilgrimage.

Al-Badri told Al-Arabiya.net that there is nothing called modern emergencies. "Classes should be interrupted in prayer time or re-scheduled altogether." He cited the example of a scholar who, fifty years ago, stated that going to class is like going to war, thus the same prayer exceptions apply. "This crossed the line," he commented.

If you know the Turkish language, and you see that the Sabah newspaper article I posted shows Dr. Muhammed Nur Doğan's fatwa in a very different way, then please translate the article for us.

----------------------------------

2- You wrote:

You're talking about people who had the Khalifa, who love Allah and his Messenger passionately, who grew masterminds of Islamic Rhetoric, Understanding, Calligraphy, Architecture. Who taught many nations Islaam. Who lived the True Islamic Democracy in its glory (for the most part). Don't be in a 50 year history tube.

I believe you have not read my post #22 on this thread. Please click on the following link to read it:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127084&postcount=22

After reading it, brother ozturking [a Turkish brother in Islam] said the following in post #23:

i am extremely happy reading all you have written and have to mention that even many turks are not aware of these facts.

Source: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127164&postcount=23

-------------------------------

3- If I was against our Turkish brothers and sisters in Islam [by forgetting their contributions to Islam especially in the Ottoman era -which I proved is not the case in point 2 above-] and you believe I was "so quick to throw dirt" at them, then how do you explain what I've written against Gamal Al-Banna [who's an Egyptian Arab]?

If you haven't read it in my post #19, then click on the link below and see what I wrote under point 2:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126829&postcount=19

Are you going to accuse me now of throwing dirt at our Egyptian brothers and sisters in Islam and forgetting all the contributions they did in the service to Islam?!

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

I'm from Egypt and I or any of my family or my friends have NEVER heard about that ill "fatwa". Please, don't rely on anything said by Gamal Al-banna. He is not a religious scholar or even a one who can be listened to.

Alhamdulillah, Egypt is full of many great religious scholars who have obvious and strong influence not only on Egyptians, but also on many Muslims all around the world.

There is a clear religious wakefulness in Egypt and so many people are returning to the true Islam. Alhamdulillah.

muharram23

Staff member
ALLAH GUIDES WHOM HE PLEASES AND UR DESTINY IS WRITTEN FOR U TO BELIEVE OR NOT WE BELIEVE THAT GOOD AND BAD COMES FROM ALLAH AND ALLAH HAS FULL KNOWLEDGE BEFORE IT TAKES PLACE ALL OUR DESTINY IS WRITTEN BEFORE WE WERE CREATED "THE INK HAS DRIED" BUT WE HAVE FREE CHOICE BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW OUR DESTINY SO WE ARE JUDGED NOT ONLY ON WHAT WE DO BUT OUR INTENTION HOPE THAT ANSWERED UR QUESTION IF NOT I ENCOURAGE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR MUSLIMS AND NON MUSLIMS ALIKE TO UNDERSTAND THIS AS IT IS A PILLAR OF BELIEF BUT ALLAH KNOWS BEST ANY THING WRONG I SAY IS FROM SATAN AND ANYTHING RIGHT IS FROM ALLAH

MAY ALLAH GUIDE US TO THE RIGHT PATH AMEEN

May Allah reward you

muharram23

Staff member

brother qader (decree) is something that is from the knowledge of ALlah. We can't understand it because it is his plan, but we have to believe it works. Just like you know that the tv works, the car works, the refrigerator works, but how many of us really wanted to know how all these things work. There are millions of little characteristics that our head would fry out if we wanted to know. However, we know that the one you came up with the frigde, car, tv, is a smart person and we accept his plan so as long as it works we dont have to worry about it. SubhanAllah, this is something little, how are we suppose to understand The Qader of Allah. We know that ALlah s.v.a is perfect all knowing and we know that The Qader of Allah works so we dont have to go into detail because we will never be able to understand it, but we trust in ALlah and so we accept it. As something like Ali r.a was asked about qader. He said, that it is a dark path so dont go with it. Then he was asked again, he said, deep sea so dont cross it. Then he r.a was asked again what qader was, he said , Gayb (unseen) of Allah so dont try to ponder about it.

Also, in one narration ev kema qale resulullah svs that people came to resulullah .s.va and asked why should we do deeds if jahannam and jannah are prescribe for us aleady. So, he s.v.s replied, that verily the people of jannah are doing the things/deeds already that will take them there, and people of jahannam are doing the things already which will take them to jahannam.

Just say this verse brother from the quran

Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in Islam."(46:15)