Can somebody helps me?

FATIMA

As Salaamu alaikum

i'm looking for information about..ISTHIKARA SALAAH/SALLAT?
CAN SOMEBODY HELPS ME FINDING THIS,PLS?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

SISTER IN THE ISLAM

SALAAM

PS.AND I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND INFORMATION ABOUT..TRADITIONS,CUSTUMS ETC ABOUT MOROCCOW

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

I shall show you how to do the Istikhara prayer,

Al Istikhara, is the Dua, prayer Supplication for seeking guidance in forming a decision or choosing the proper course. First you pray 2 rakat prayer and then make the following prayer:

attachment.php

Allahuma Inni Astakhiruka Bi'ilmik
O Allaah, I seek Your counsel by Your knowledge

Wa astaqdirka biQudratek,
and by Your power

wa As'aluka min fadhlikal-Adheem,
I seek strength and I ask You from Your immense favour

fa'innaka taqdiru wa laa aqdirroo,
for verily You are able while I am not

wa ta'lamu wa laa a'lamu,
and verily You know while I do not

wa anta allaamul-Ghuyoob,
and You are the Knower of the unseen.

Allahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna hazalamra
O Allaah, if You know this affair
((and here you put your need- you add here your case / the problem you need help with..)

Khayr lee fi dini wa ma'aashii wa aaqibati amri faqdirhuli, wa yassirhu li,
to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life, and end, then decree and facilitate it for me

thumma baarik li fi,
and bless me with it

wa in kunta ta'lamu inna hazal amra sharrulii fi deeynee wa ma'aashii wa aaqibati 'amri
fasrifhu annii wasrifni anhu

and if You know this affair to be ill for me towards my religion, my life, and end, then remove it from me and remove me from it ,

waqdirli-alkhayra haythu kaana thumma arseenee bih.
and decree for me what is good wherever it be and make me satisfied with such.’

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhF1HnM7LMY[/yt]

On the authority of Jaabir Ibn ‘Abdullah he said: The Prophet (S) would instruct us to pray for guidance in all of our concerns, just as he would teach us a chapter from the Qur’an. He (S) would say ‘if any of you intends to undertake a mater then let him pray two supererogatory units (two rak’ah naafilah) of prayer and after which he should supplicate:
(i)

‘O Allaah, I seek Your counsel by Your knowledge and by Your power I seek strength and I ask You from Your immense favour, for verily You are able while I am not and verily You know while I do not and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allaah, if You know this affair -and here he mentions his need- to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life, and end, then decree and facilitate it for me, and bless me with it, and if You know this affair to be ill for me towards my religion, my life, and end, then remove it from me and remove me from it , and decree for me what is good wherever it be and make me satisfied with such.’​
One who seeks guidance from his Creator and consults his fellow believers and then remains firm in his resolve does not regret for Allaah has said:
(ii)

‘…and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allaah…”​

Attachments

• istikhara.gif
    istikhara.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 332

tarik

salam

sister fatima for the moment i don t have a website in english about customs and traditions about Morroco, but i am from morocco,so what kind of customs do u wanna TO KNOW:biggrin: ?

FATIMA

The Tradition And Custums

As salaam alaikum Tarik

thank u that u wants too helps me.
i want too know,the traditions,custums and the most importants too
how they lives there and how they pray!what's the differences here
in moroccow and the netherlands
here we lives in holland..everything is fast and fast..don't takes the time.
i want too know
how its goes there in moroccow..i think in the future too stay there..yes..Inshallah.so i want too know how they lives there.
i want too learn the langues too.
so..thank u for all your informations.

sister in the Islam

Salaam Fatima

FATIMA

what's the meaning off this word?

As salaam alaikum

WAJIBA?WHAT IS THE WORD MEANING?

I THINK PROBALY..NOT SURE OFF IT..
IF YOU DO SOMETHING BAD U THINK,ITS FOR A GOOD COST/ISSUE/
BUT FOR ALLAH IT IS NOT GOOD,THEN YOU MUST GOO TO ALLAH
AND ASK FOR FORGIVINESS.

SO I DON'T KNOW IFF THIS IS GOOD OR NOT...CAN SOMEONE EXPLANES ME
WHAT THE MEANING OFF THIS WORD IS PLS..?
THANK U VERY MUCH

SISTER IN THE ISLAM

SALAAM FATIMA

PS FOR EVERYBODY JUMMA KAREEM

tarik

w salam
well,first of all, the language spoken in Morocco is not the classic Arabic it s a dialect called Darija ,many words are not Arabic
there is also dialect called Chelha for berber people"chlouh".I personaly don t understand Chelha .But Darija is understood almost everywhere in Morocco.Moroccan people are vary curious like me lol:wink: .they pay attention to how the others behave.women are more curious then men.in the other hand they are very hospitable and the stranger can feel that he is welcome.they could invite him to have lunch or dinner and they may ask him to stay longer with them ,they will also give him cup of tea "Atay".there is some differences in people behavour from areas to others.the weather is also not the same :very huge differnce in weather.
let s move on to the word wajiba. wajiba means that it is obligatory to do it.it is a duty .for instance the 5 prayers are wajiba
u questions sister fatima are always welcome
i am curious to kow what u want to know lol:biggrin:

tarik

salam

i don t understand your question about how do we pray in morocco?like in any muslim country mosques "masjid" are every where u will hear Adan "call of prayer" 5 times a day.the prayer of Aiid fitr and Adha take place in a great place called MOUSALA.About the education we learn arabic and french and islam.the family is very important here,to have a children is also very important.but as u know the world now became smaller so many habits and customs are not the same as the past.
i hope that i had answer u question sister fatima
besalama means bye in our dialect
so :salam2: and besalama

FATIMA said:
As Salaamu alaikum

i'm looking for information about..ISTHIKARA SALAAH/SALLAT?
CAN SOMEBODY HELPS ME FINDING THIS,PLS?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

SISTER IN THE ISLAM

SALAAM

PS.AND I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND INFORMATION ABOUT..TRADITIONS,CUSTUMS ETC ABOUT MOROCCOW

:salam2:
Welcome sister Fatima to turtoislam.
First, i have to say that "Salat al ISTHIKHARA" is not "WAJIBA" ie it's not obligatory. And thank you to brother Ameer he explains it very well.
About moroccan culture.
I think brother Tarik gave a good idea about moroccan people.
Furthermore, you can just enter "moroccan culture" and you will find many different websites and point of view about morocco.
If you want to know the idea that morocco gives about itself, this is an official website, news are updating every day. For a brief introduction about cuture,traditions etc. there is a section in it.
http://www.maroc.ma/PortailInst/An/
good luck
:wasalam:

FATIMA

thank u all

As salaamu alaikum

thank you all,for the information and advice.

i want too know..if somebody is from Marrakech?
i want too go next year there Inshallah..if Allah wants

salaam Fatima

FATIMA

í want too know ?

As salaam alaikum

sister in the Islam

salaam Fatima

*post edited by Mabsoot. please do not ask to meet up with people on the forum.*

Incha' Allah sister i can help you and giving you good informations.
You asked about Marrackech. I know that here in europe, there are cheap plane ticket (including hotel etc.) especilay and directly to Marrakech for one week or more. Really it deserve to try it.
So incha' Allah for furthermore informations i can help incha'Allah.
i give you this link that a friend sent it to me before
http://home.student.uva.nl/ilham.malkaoui/body_index.html
i advise you to ask well before you will go to Marrakech it's one of the best town, if i can say in the world, "the red town" and people are the most generous and hospitable in Morocco.
But, as i am Moroccan, i have to say that in each place in the wolrd, there are good and bad people. So may Allah help you
An other thing, if there is any mosque near you, you can contact sisters there are a lot of moroccan in Netherland and they can give you good informations even they can give help incha' Allah
And good luck

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
FATIMA said:
As salaam alaikum

sister in the Islam

salaam Fatima

*post edited by Mabsoot. please do not ask to meet up with people on the forum.*

Assalamu Alaykum,

It is not good for someone to meet an unrelated person of the opposite sex in such a way.

Also i advise not visiting Morocco or any other place without someone else who is a mahram to you, i.e a male family member, or husband.

Wasalaam.

FATIMA

as salaamu alaikum

thank you all for your good advise.i though only
that i can go there with my children for visiting.
but
know
i hear that's not good to do that.so, how i can solved this problem then?so that i can go with vacation?pls
can somebody helps me?

sister in the islam

salaam Fatima

FATIMA

As salaamu alaikum

i though it's easy for me too go there with vacation
but i did'n know
that is a problem for me because i
m an sister with 2 girls.so i didn't i gonna get's problem there......and i need your helps again..about the Isthikara salaah..i read here from another person how he/she discribe this salaah..and i don't understand what he/she is saying..and i hear from an sister from the musjid that i must do this salaah after Isja in the night..so i don't know what i must do now..Pls can you explane and helps me what i now must do ?i need helps with this..

thank you again for your help

sister in the Islam

salaam fatima

This is what i found on internet.

Istikhara Prayer
11/ May/ 2000
Question of Fatwa: What is the significance of Istikharah prayer? Is it true that one sees in the dream the correct decision for any problem? My parents tell me that I must pray Istikharah prayer before making any decision and I shall see the correct answer in my dream. I have tried that several times, but I did not see any thing. I shall appreciate if you kindly throw some light on this subject.

Name of Mufti: Muzammil Siddiqi

Content of Reply The word "istikaharah" means "to seek good or to desire well-being". In our life we are often faced with difficult decisions. We feel some kind of dilemma whether to do something or not to do. We try all our rational thinking and put together all the positives and negatives, evaluate every thing, but still we feel some sort of fear of the unknown. We hesitate to make a decision. People in these situations go sometimes to fortune-tellers, astrologers, palmists etc. In pre-Islamic times, Arabs used to consult oracles or used to draw the arrows. The Prophet -peace be upon him- said that all these things have no meaning. It is forbidden (haram) to consult the astrologers or soothsayers or to believe in their predictions. Instead the Prophet :saw: told us that we should turn to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and seek His help. He alone knows all the hidden things and only He has the perfect knowledge of the future. He has power to make things easy for us and guide us to right decisions. Doing Istikharah does not mean that one should not use one's reason or experience. Allah has commanded us in the Qur'an that we should use our intellect ('aql) and seek knowledge. If we do not know something then we should ask those who know. But human reason has limitations. We do not know every thing. Only Allah knows all things. When we are faced with a dilemma then we should turn to Allah. The Companion of the Prophet (s) Jabir ibn 'Abdullah (r) said, "The Prophet :saws: used to teach us Istikharah in all our affairs, just as he used to teach us the Surah from the Qur'an. He used to say, 'When any of you intend to do some important thing, he should pray two rak'ah other than the obligatory (fard) prayers and then he should say, 'O Allah I seek the good from You on the basis of Your knowledge and I seek the strength from You on the basis of Your great power and I ask You something from Your great bounty. Surely, You possess power and I have no power; You know and I do not know. You are the knower of all the unseen things. O Allah, if according to Your knowledge this matter -mention the matter- is good for me spiritually and materially and with regard to its ultimate results, then ordain it for me and make its attainment easy for me and bless it for me. But if according to Your knowledge this matter is harmful for me, spiritually and materially and with regard to it ultimate results, then keep it away from me and keep me away from it. Ordain for me what is good and beneficial, wherever it be and make me satisfied and contented with it.'" (Reported in all the major books of Hadith except the Sahih of Muslim) The best way is to pray two rak'ah nafl prayer and then sincerely say the above du'a of istikaharah. After that do whatever is best in your understanding or whatever convinces you. You may repeat this du'a several times if you are still hesitant. There is no need to dream about anything and you do not have to wait for an answer in your dreams. It is reported in a Hadith that the Prophet :saws: said, "O Anas, when you intend to do some important thing, then seek the good (istakhir) from your Lord seven times and then do that to which your heart (or mind) goes, because the good is in it." Most of the Ahadith on this subject do not talk about any dream. The famous Hanafi jurist Ibn 'Abideen, however, has suggested in his Hashiyah that one should make the Istikharah prayer before sleeping. One should sleep with Wudu. The face should be towards Makkah. If one sees something white or green in one's dream then the answer is yes, but if one sees some thing dark or red then the answer is no. Other jurists of Shafi'I, Maliki, Hanbali or Ja'fari schools say that one should do that which is most convincing (ma insharaha lahu al-sadr). According to Imam Malik, other people can also do Istikharah on behalf of someone. There is nothing strange about dreams. If you did not see any dreams then it does not mean that dreams do not occur. After the Istikharah prayer, some people may see a dream and some may not. We know that some of our dreams become true dreams. Some time we see something in a dream and it happens exactly the same way later. As there are good dreams and bad dreams so there are also true dreams and false dreams. The interpretation of dreams is a special knowledge that some people have. In the Qur'an many dreams are mentioned.
Prophet Ibrahim PBUH in his dream that he was sacrificing his son. Prophet Yusuf PBUH had dreams and Allah also gave him the knowledge of dream explanation. Prophet Muhammad PBUH also used to explain sometimes the dreams of his companions.

An other Fatwa :
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?Option=FatwaId&lang=E&Id=314

FATIMA

as salaamu alaikum

thank you very much for your help.i understand what i must do know.i can't not wait longer,because i need an answer for an problem,i don't sleep good,only thinking and thinking what i must do.so i will do this rakaát to get an answer,only Allah can helps me with this problem.

salaam

sister in the Islam

Fatima

radika

selam

Assalamun alejkum.
To sister Fatima.I want to tell you that Allah is everywhere and looking for help and direction at any moment.If man or women prays five times a day,than he or she is with relation with Allah,also make dzikr.Implore Allah only he is The hearer The seeer,asallah Allah will you help i beleive i in that.