can anyone help me?

seeking

Salaam alaikum,

I'm a new member here, and I hate to make something like this my first post. But this is why I joined - I need help and I don't feel like I have anyone to turn to in real life. My situation is also rather embarrassing and I think you'll see why I wouldn't be comfortable with just bringing this to some of the sisters in my community or the imam.

I converted quite awhile ago and at first everything went fine. I had some doubts, which I think is normal, and went through some typical low periods, but all in all I was fine. I prayed 5 times a day, read the Qur'an, fasted and all that.

7 months ago I met a man and we became involved. He was Muslim (Pakistani) and we fell in love. We planned on marrying and his parents loved me. His mother treated me like I was her own daughter and I was so happy with him. But we fought a lot, and throughout the relationship I could feel by faith slipping. It got to the point where I just didn't care anymore. I stopped praying regularly and I stopped reading the Qur'an. It got to the point where I stopped praying completely. When Ramadan came around this year, I didn't even fast except for a few days because I just didn't care, and within the context of the relationship, I did some things I'm very ashamed of. But the man I was seeing wasn't very practicing so he didn't really care.

The relationship ended recently, and the last few things he said to me were that I should just convert back to Christianity because I was a disgrace to Islam, that I should never even speak to another Muslim again, and that I shouldn't ever even think of stepping inside the masjid again.

I'm starting to think he's right. I'm starting to think I'm too evil and bad of a person to ever make up for what I did. I've cried for hours, begging for forgiveness for what I've done but I still feel unclean, and like God will never forgive me. I feel as if there's not even any point in trying. I feel as though God has rejected me and doesn't want me. Whenever I think of going into a masjid I stop, because I feel so unclean and filthy - like I'm not worthy of entering the house of God. I know what I did is all wrong and I really do feel bad about it and I really do want to be forgiven. I want to go back to how I used to be. I want to have a hunger for Islam, and I want to have the urge to pray. But I just don't know where to start, and I don't know if it's even worth it - if there's any point in trying.

Sorry this is so long, but if anyone has read through this whole thing, can anyone help me?

Wa'alaikum salaam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
sister U thinking to go back to Christianity .How ?Because of what .U dont believe in it anymore do u? It will be biggest mistake ...
Allah SWT is the Most Merciful ,All Forgiving ,He SWT always except our repentance .Dont call yourself evel ...
Just go back t Allah SWT and pray to be forgiven .
Do your best ,go back to the Majid ,be near to Allah SWT to islam as much as you can ...
Do u think any huma nbeing ,even the one u deeply love, worth that you put yourself down .No
It is Allah SWT we live for
Dont let anybody misguide u .The love of someone is temporary but the love of Allah SWT is forever
Go back to Him before its too late

wasalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salaam alaikum,

The relationship ended recently, and the last few things he said to me were that I should just convert back to Christianity because I was a disgrace to Islam, that I should never even speak to another Muslim again, and that I shouldn't ever even think of stepping inside the masjid again.

I'm starting to think he's right. I'm starting to think I'm too evil and bad of a person to ever make up for what I did. I've cried for hours, begging for forgiveness for what I've done but I still feel unclean, and like God will never forgive me. I feel as if there's not even any point in trying. I feel as though God has rejected me and doesn't want me. Whenever I think of going into a masjid I stop, because I feel so unclean and filthy - like I'm not worthy of entering the house of God. I know what I did is all wrong and I really do feel bad about it and I really do want to be forgiven. I want to go back to how I used to be. I want to have a hunger for Islam, and I want to have the urge to pray. But I just don't know where to start, and I don't know if it's even worth it - if there's any point in trying.

Sorry this is so long, but if anyone has read through this whole thing, can anyone help me?

Wa'alaikum salaam

Assalamualaikum

Firstly according to majority scholars , you are still even though you didnt pray.

Secondly, the guy should NOT say that you should convert back to Christianity.

My advise is that you stay around this site. There are super great sisters here that are able to help and are willing to help. Why dont you sign up for the sisters section .

Lastly , dont cry over spilt milk . Whats past cannot be undone. its time to look ahead and start praying and repay your fast before the next ramadhan comes. Remember Allah is Most Merciful....

May god help you. Dont let the past make you sad. Chins up

Salaam dear sister,

What good will it do to "go back" to a life that has no purpose, rather than a life that sets the grounds for every aspect of our behavior and action? A life that sets partners to Allah swt, after you were given the truth??

Why listen to a man that doesn't practice his deen and be affected by his ill words?

Don't read the Quran for the sake of reading, read the Quran for the sake of understanding, learning, reflecting, and implementing the words to your life.

Try to go to the masjid and making friends with practicing Muslims. They will help raise your imaan

You must remember that Allah swt is the Most Forgiving and Most Merciful:

"Truly, Allah loves those who repent, and He loves those who cleanse themselves" (2:222)

I hope this helped a little sister. Stay strong. I love for you for the sake of Allah swt.

warda A

Sister
But the man I was seeing wasn't very practicing so he didn't really care.

Wa'alaikum salaam[/QUOTE]

asalam aleikum sister
you are not a disgrace infact it is that man who is a disgrace, being a muslim, he should have led you with gentle hands into understanding islam but as he was not very practising he would not do that.
so please do not feel sad you should be happy to come out of a relationship like that.
kindly keep reading the quran it is a great stress buster you know.
you will feel free and peaceful
just keep on praying, remember allah forgives those who seek forgivness.
may allah guide us all to the straight path and not the path of the misguided ones ameen
:wasalam:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Salaam alaikum,

I'm a new member here, and I hate to make something like this my first post. But this is why I joined - I need help and I don't feel like I have anyone to turn to in real life. My situation is also rather embarrassing and I think you'll see why I wouldn't be comfortable with just bringing this to some of the sisters in my community or the imam.

I converted quite awhile ago and at first everything went fine. I had some doubts, which I think is normal, and went through some typical low periods, but all in all I was fine. I prayed 5 times a day, read the Qur'an, fasted and all that.

7 months ago I met a man and we became involved. He was Muslim (Pakistani) and we fell in love. We planned on marrying and his parents loved me. His mother treated me like I was her own daughter and I was so happy with him. But we fought a lot, and throughout the relationship I could feel by faith slipping. It got to the point where I just didn't care anymore. I stopped praying regularly and I stopped reading the Qur'an. It got to the point where I stopped praying completely. When Ramadan came around this year, I didn't even fast except for a few days because I just didn't care, and within the context of the relationship, I did some things I'm very ashamed of. But the man I was seeing wasn't very practicing so he didn't really care.

Wa'alaikum salaam

:salam2:

if every muslim were to stop attending the masjid due to a sin he or she comitted, the masjid would be empty all of the time. you have to remember that ALLAH SWT is AR-RAHMAN and AR-RAHEEM, when you doubt that you are forgivable, all you are really doing is doubting the power of ALLAH SWT. the brother you mentioned should feel bad about what he did. he wasn't a good example of a muslim, at least you weren't born into a muslim family and there are things that you still need to learn. don't let the fact that he's a born muslim make you think that he's more of a muslim than you. so my recommendation is make taubah to ALLAH SWT, be sincere about it, move on and enter the masjid.

what ive noticed that once muslim men and women start dating even though they know it's haram, they become so in LOVE and focus on each other, yet in reality their imaan and duty to ALLAH SWT fade away. miss prayers, skip fasting, neglect zakat etc. that's why dating is so dangerous in islam.

:wasalam:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom sister,

Just say the Shahdaa may Allah have mercy with your situation, what happened is already happened you cant go back and change it, you did something wrong but the best thing is you know that was wrong, Ask Allah forgivness from what you have done, and come back to Allah s.w.t he forgive all the sins. Shaytan is pushing you more further to get you out of Islam too he wishpered to you to commit one mistake now his greatest achivment will be to get you out of Islam and to give up on Allah mercy.

Imagen Allah s.w.t call the people who committed sin by Oh my servants he didnt make difference between the sinners and non sinner he said in Quran and read CARFULLY

قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ​

Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful.

He called us the sinner Oh My Servants ... even the non Muslims he called Oh my Servants who acted with sins DONT Despair from His Mercy Surely Allah Forgive All the sins....he call us to repent to Allah ..even if our sins are like sea and oceans Except associating some one with Allah and making Shirk, other than this is forgiven if we repent and make Tawbah to Allah s.w.t.

In a hadith an old man came to the prophet peace be up on him and said Oh prophet I am a man committed all kind of sins the bigger and the small ones Dose Allah forgive me ? the prophet peace be up on him replied dont you wtiness that there isnt God except Allah ? and the man answered and I bare witness that you are his prophet , so the prophet peace be up on him said your sins are forgiven .. the man said even the Bigger sins and the prophet said even the bigger sins "

Sister, we all are sinner and make mistakes but the best of us are who know thier mistakes and repent to Allah s.w.t and come back to Allah s.w.t

listen to this part [yt]Del2qpNE8Hs[/yt]

May Allah make it easy on you come back to Allah and ask for his forgivness and be good from now on and if the city you are in is not good for you move to another city with good Muslims just pray to Allah and dont listen to Shyatan (Devil) he want you to give up in Allah mercy.

wa salaam alikom

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Sister I won't say much except what Allah SWT himslef said,

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful[] (53) "And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islâmic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islâm), before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped. (54)
(Az-Zumar)

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.[] (186)
(aL-Baqarah)
And Rasul-Allah SAW said,

Abu Hamza Anas ibn Malik al-Ansari, the servant of the Messenger of Allah reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah is happier about the repentance of one His slaves than one of you would be about finding your camel which had strayed away from you in the middle of the desert."
[Agreed upon]

In the variant of Muslim,

"Allah has greater joy at the repentance of one His slaves when he turns towards Him than one of you would have over his mount, which, having escaped from him with his food and drink in the middle of the desert so that he has despaired of finding it and gone to a tree to lie down in its shade, suddenly appears standing by him while he is in that state, so that he takes its reins and then says out of the intensity of his joy, 'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Lord!' getting confused because of his intense joy.'"

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah will turn towards anyone who turns in repentance before the time that the sun rises from the place it set."
[Muslim]

Abu 'Abdu'r-Rahman 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar ibn al-Khattab said that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah the Mighty and Majestic accepts the repentance of His servant as long as long as his death-rattle has not begun."

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If the son of Adam possessed a valley full of gold he would want to have two valleys, yet his mouth will only be filled by earth. Allah turns towards those who turn in repentance."
[Agreed upon]

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome to the website. We are all so pleased that you made contact. InshaAllah you will receive the encourgement that you so badly need. We have a big family.
Please do not be harsh on yourself. This may be the biggest blessing you have ever received. You are stepping into Islam because you want to. This is the home of Peace and Love. We are here to be with you. You will notice immediately the peace that will descend upon you.
You deserve to be in peace.
When you decide to go to the masjid know that the dua's of the members of this forum will be with you. I always suggest to members that they write to us at all times...do that.

Shahzad

respected sister,

ALLAH loves those who repent [ Al Quraan ]

Keep doing repentence regularly , ask ALLAH his forgiveness. ALLAH has said in the Quraan, the ask me forgiveness, i am the biggest forgiiver. So, ask him , ALLAH will give u that.

Keep acting on islam as u were. Sins is a human nature. As u have realized that u have done some thing bad, this is the sign that ALLAH loves u. ALLAH wants u to come back to ALLAH.

Make a contact wid any muslim woman in ur locality. Or may be some one on this site please give a fone call to our respected sister and tell her that ALLAH loves her.

inshALLAH every thing will be good. Dont leave prayers sister

abdulboji

Verily sins has bad effect on any person not just you , but every human being so first of all stop doing sins that you made in the past even if you feel that you will come back again to it , secondly repent to the God sincerly with all your heart and determine to not go back to the sins even if you feel that you will do it again , thirdly try to stick your self to the prayer and fair the almighty who has all power who gave you this life and feel that there is a punishment you must .... you must stop sins or repent after you do the sins and ask Allah to help you sincerly , try to help poor people and give them alms , read the Quran always with understand the meaning .

must important thing is keep away from doing sins because it is must dangerous for any one faith , it put a black spot on your heart every time you doing sin , until your heart don't care and not fair your creator .