i,m a english white convert,to islam

buraq

asalam-o-alikum,
i ve converted to islam, and very proud, to be muslim,
i live in a small town in derbyshire uk, were thereis no muslim community,
and after living here for nearly 3 years i have not made any close friends, al so this is the first site i,ve found that is so welcoming, i just love the sisters page, i,m divorced and have 4 children, at the moment my problem is on there toys, is it harram for my son to do model making, his farther has got him a set of ? lord of the rings army,
do any other sisters have problems with the modren toys we have today,
allah hafiz
sumayya

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Waaleikum Salaam sister.
Welcome to the site sister. I am from UK too,Manchester. my wife she is also a convert too, mashAllah. For your question...inshAllah knowledgeable sister (mashAllah) here will answer the questions.

Wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome home. This is a wonderful family. What you do not have for friends in your community we will make up on line. I live in a very small Muslim community in the US. We have around 250 Muslims..this includes the tots. We are unable to see each other due to our commitments. We make up our time on Sundays. We have a very active Sunday school.
Although I moan and complain a lot about this site I love it. This is my connection to the Islamic world.
Once upon a time I lived in England. I am Pakistani, living in West Virginia and speak with an English accent and wear hijab. Now this makes anyone laugh.
I pray you find comfort here. I am the oldest female and use the term aapa to address myself. It simply means older sister. As I have written this I welcome you in the Muslim tradition with all my heart,

your aapa.

Meraj

Brother
asalamualikum!!!
welcome to the tti family sister!!!hope you wil get benefit from here inshallah...
"forget abt B/W sister,,,it does"t matter here...lol'
:wasalam:

Sakeena

ALHAMDULILLAH!

asalam-o-alikum,
i ve converted to islam, and very proud, to be muslim,
i live in a small town in derbyshire uk, were thereis no muslim community,
and after living here for nearly 3 years i have not made any close friends, al so this is the first site i,ve found that is so welcoming, i just love the sisters page, i,m divorced and have 4 children, at the moment my problem is on there toys, is it harram for my son to do model making, his farther has got him a set of ? lord of the rings army,
do any other sisters have problems with the modren toys we have today,
allah hafiz
sumayya

Welcome to Islam sister! AWWWWWW SIS!!! *HUGS*
I'm soo happy 4 u! I converted 3 yrs ago and I'm so happy 2 know u accepted Allah as Lord of the Universe alhamdulillah!!!! This is soo wonderful! Allahu akbar!

Yes, modeling, a man or woman, is haraam in Islaam.

I'm so happy to have another sister!!!

Take care sister!!

Salam and peace!

Sakeena :hijabi:

Rawa

salam

Salam Sister,
First, welcome to this website: the home for all muslims.
Secondly, though you are expecting a sister ot answer you, I, as a bother, would like to share with you some knowledge I have. Before living in England, I used to live in Kurdistan of Iraq. There was an Imam who has a good knowledge about Islam, mashallah. His reply to having toys and dolls was that, if a child plays with the toy, it is permissable and allowed. If nobody plays with it, it is better not to have it at home. I heard this reply by myself. He did not mentioned a comlete or incomplete toys.

Wassalam

buraq

salam

Salam Sister,
First, welcome to this website: the home for all muslims.
Secondly, though you are expecting a sister ot answer you, I, as a bother, would like to share with you some knowledge I have. Before living in England, I used to live in Kurdistan of Iraq. There was an Imam who has a good knowledge about Islam, mashallah. His reply to having toys and dolls was that, if a child plays with the toy, it is permissable and allowed. If nobody plays with it, it is better not to have it at home. I heard this reply by myself. He did not mentioned a comlete or incomplete toys.

Wassalam

thank you for that reply, we offten forget about things we keep away ,:muslim_child: