how come there's so much music in lebanon?

Abdullah_77

First all prrasie be to Alllaah(swt) the Creator, and peace be upon the messanger.

i was just wondering but how come there's so much music in the levant(palestine, syria but preticullary lebanon) ???
lebanon is a predeominatley muslim country,
but you walk in the streets and you hear music blasting through all the souks and streets ? Isnt it sunnah that says that music is haraam?
i was just wondering why its so crazy and out of hand down there? I m sorry if offend any lebanese brothers and sisters but this is crazy in lebanon? you have belly dancers on tv and you haveand half naked women dancing and singing everywhere .? wheres the islam in lubnaan? what the heck are these nutz doing?
If youve ever heard lebanese music you know thats quite intoxicating. Its haraam and i know that, but none the less the music is good and the melodies can take you. however, This is dangerous for those muslims down there. with all the music singing in the street Its things like this that make one forget your religion and worst of all forget remembereance of Allaah(swt).

maybe im overreacting and acting cranky like an old grandma...but i dono...i don think this is good....

is there a problem in lebanon or is just me?????

Hend

assalam 3alaykum
yea i totally agree ..unfortunately great country like Lebanon wouldn't look islamic at all..it's all after the french colonization and those who turn secular.
may Allah guide them to tooba

Shahzad

yeah lebanon has failed to implement islam in it.

Almost all muslims countries are like that. Perhaps lebanon is a step ahead.

MAY ALLAH Save us

Allahu_Hassbi

yeah lebanon has failed to implement islam in it.

Almost all muslims countries are like that. Perhaps lebanon is a step ahead.

MAY ALLAH Save us

:salam2:
Surely all muslim countries are like this but Lebanon is absoloutly way too ahead.Also Labenese channels are totally unwatchable.Astaghfirullah
Colouring their hair blonde, speaking french and thinking they are french.May Allah SWT forgive me for speaking this but thats really frustrating.
Only Allah SWT can guide them.Inshallah.:tti_sister:
No hard feeling pls... only if i have offended ony of my labanese bros & sistas.

:wasalam:

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Lebanon was carved out of Syria in the early 20th century by the French mandate so as to make Christians a majority in it (doubtful). The consitute circa 50%. The constitution states that the president has to be a Christian (Maronite), the prime minister a Sunni and the head of parlimant a Shia. It is a deeply sectarian country. There are circa 500,000 Palestinian refugees who are not being naturalised because this will upset the delicate sectarian balance even though they have been there for ages and many are born in Lebanon.

It is the hub of westernisation in the middle east. A major producer of music and "super stars". I agree that most of their channels are totally unwatchable.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Surely all muslim countries are like this but Lebanon is absoloutly way too ahead.Also Labenese channels are totally unwatchable.Astaghfirullah
Colouring their hair blonde, speaking french and thinking they are french.May Allah SWT forgive me for speaking this but thats really frustrating.
Only Allah SWT can guide them.Inshallah.:tti_sister:
No hard feeling pls... only if i have offended ony of my labanese bros & sistas.

Salam,

Perhaps the majority doing this are the Christian lebanese.

apocalypse77

let them be..who are we to judge people anyway? just pray to allah that allah will give them guidance. religion becomes an ugly thing when its shove down the throat like nobody's business

and stop talking about secular and islamic state thing because this is all conned by the west. they have make some of us beleiv einto their idea of secular and secularism which is unlike our idea. when we say we are anti secular does that also mean were gonna hate science, technology, cleanliness, modernization, hygiene, environemntal care, animal conservation etc etc which are all part of islam? some of us seem to forget islam is not just about rituals but a way of life

Hend

salam

let them be..who are we to judge people anyway? just pray to allah that allah will give them guidance. religion becomes an ugly thing when its shove down the throat like nobody's business

and stop talking about secular and islamic state thing because this is all conned by the west. they have make some of us beleiv einto their idea of secular and secularism which is unlike our idea. when we say we are anti secular does that also mean were gonna hate science, technology, cleanliness, modernization, hygiene, environemntal care, animal conservation etc etc which are all part of islam? some of us seem to forget islam is not just about rituals but a way of life

salam aleekum
secularism is a western non islamic term which means non religious
Islam is based on science..as prophet Mo7ammad said"al 3aklu aslu deeni" reason is the origin of my religion..he was prepared to recieve the divine message by meditating in mountain 7eraa2 for 3years..and so was prophet Abraham 3alihi essalam,please refere to surat al an3am,number6,verses number 74-83..and the last verses of surat al 3imran,verses number 190-191, prophet Mo7ammad said 'waylun leman kara2aha wa lam yatafakkar".. Islam was always connected with science and knowledge and reason,unlike what happened with Galilio(sorry for the speeling ;p) remember?
salam aleekum

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

I agree. I hate it when I see some people shove Islam down other's throats. This is really what drives non-Muslims away from reverting to Islam becuase no-one really likes to be pressured into doing something. Especially something HUGE like choosing a faith. People are very uptight these days. It's sad. They need to broaden out more.

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

That statement I do not feel is totally correct. Islaam is not based on science.

Science in our day can be flawed. It can have/teach reasonings which are later proved false. It's not stable. It's a study of things around us. As says by the dictionary:
'
Science said:
- systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

It's what creation learns of the rest of creation. it does not mean it's always correct. Islam, did not come to affirm the sciences, it came as a guidance to mankind. It did not come to prove to all the scientists and doctors, LOOK! We know science in our book, so recognize the benefits. No, it came to bring guidance, it came to show people the truth, rather than have them poring over what DOES and what DOES NOT conform with our "modern" day science.

Thing is, the Qur'aan is true. It came from the Creator, and He is the one who Makes, so He would be the One to know best! It did not come from the creation who just assumes, and may or may not be right.

Therefore, I do not say that islam is based on Science. :D Islam is based on Tawheed! :) But I do recognize that of course, coming from the Creator Himself, some aspects of it are with science, because of course, Allah knows the sciences of things best. But, if something is in the Qur'aan but ALL the "sciences" in the world disprove of it... :D I stick to the Qur'aan.

Creator will always know better than creation.

wasalam

apocalypse77

salam aleekum
secularism is a western non islamic term which means non religious
Islam is based on science..as prophet Mo7ammad said"al 3aklu aslu deeni" reason is the origin of my religion..he was prepared to recieve the divine message by meditating in mountain 7eraa2 for 3years..and so was prophet Abraham 3alihi essalam,please refere to surat al an3am,number6,verses number 74-83..and the last verses of surat al 3imran,verses number 190-191, prophet Mo7ammad said 'waylun leman kara2aha wa lam yatafakkar".. Islam was always connected with science and knowledge and reason,unlike what happened with Galilio(sorry for the speeling ;p) remember?
salam aleekum

i give u an example. sometimes i think Japan is MORE ISLAMIC than some muslim majority countries even though they arent muslims. why? because they are hardworking! they are among the most advance and develop countries in the world? isnt being hardworking islamic at all? look at france..such a beautiful city with beautiful landscapes..isnt that what you call islamic?

and then what does the islamic world has to offer? always too dependant and rely on the west to drill oil for us, poor hygiene, non efficient road and airport system, dirty sewages, high illiteracy rates etc..tell me is that islamic at all?

we musnt be brainwash into the western idea of secularism because in islam we must accept secular activities like sciences too

apocalypse77

wa alaykum salam

That statement I do not feel is totally correct. Islaam is not based on science.

Science in our day can be flawed. It can have/teach reasonings which are later proved false. It's not stable. It's a study of things around us. As says by the dictionary:
'

It's what creation learns of the rest of creation. it does not mean it's always correct. Islam, did not come to affirm the sciences, it came as a guidance to mankind. It did not come to prove to all the scientists and doctors, LOOK! We know science in our book, so recognize the benefits. No, it came to bring guidance, it came to show people the truth, rather than have them poring over what DOES and what DOES NOT conform with our "modern" day science.

Thing is, the Qur'aan is true. It came from the Creator, and He is the one who Makes, so He would be the One to know best! It did not come from the creation who just assumes, and may or may not be right.

Therefore, I do not say that islam is based on Science. :D Islam is based on Tawheed! :) But I do recognize that of course, coming from the Creator Himself, some aspects of it are with science, because of course, Allah knows the sciences of things best. But, if something is in the Qur'aan but ALL the "sciences" in the world disprove of it... :D I stick to the Qur'aan.

wasalam

yes but islam encourages us to learn more knowledge about science in order for us to glorify Allah better. why int he world do you think the first revelation Gabtriel told Mohammed to read? It just goes to show you how importanty knowledge is. If we keep thinking Islam is just about rituals how are we ever goign to progress

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Islam is sound and rational and logical. It passes the tests of that which belongs to the sciences. The major Muslim philosphers ensured that.

Now, Music. That is a debate. What we need to worry about are issues of unity. We need to concentrate on helping Mulims. And I feel there are many more important issues to devote our time to. Let them listen to music. Let us plan for Muslims to fight oppresors.

muharram23

Staff member
wa alaykum salam

'

wasalam

wassaalmu alaykum

mashAllah!! Keep up the good work.

Wassalamu alaykum:mashallah:

Abdullah_77

I agree. I hate it when I see some people shove Islam down other's throats. This is really what drives non-Muslims away from reverting to Islam becuase no-one really likes to be pressured into doing something. Especially something HUGE like choosing a faith. People are very uptight these days. It's sad. They need to broaden out more.

i dont mean to sound like a religious grump.:SMILY286:.but i juz got sticken back and i never expected so much music in muslim counrty....its good music tho....dont get me wrong but...i dono...it just stuck me...

again dont mean to sound like a religious grump:lol:eek:k
selaam

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
i dont mean to sound like a religious grump.:SMILY286:.but i juz got sticken back and i never expected so much music in muslim counrty....its good music tho....dont get me wrong but...i dono...it just stuck me...

again dont mean to sound like a religious grump:lol:eek:k
selaam

HAHA don't worry you don't sound like one. It's preference I guess. Some people are more tolerable than others. There is nothing with either one.

samiha

---------
Staff member
yes but islam encourages us to learn more knowledge about science in order for us to glorify Allah better. why int he world do you think the first revelation Gabtriel told Mohammed to read? It just goes to show you how importanty knowledge is. If we keep thinking Islam is just about rituals how are we ever goign to progress

If you go back and read my post, you'll see quite clearly that nowhere did I contradict the fact that we are encouraged to learn, nor that it is wrong to learn science. I merely made it a point to try and show that science is not the base of Islaam.

Some people they take the Quraan and compare it to their science books. If it conforms with science then they take it, if it does not, they leave it. What kind of methodology is this? We should not compare Islaam to science, rather Science to Islaam. If science does not contradict Islaam, good and well, i see nothing wrong in believeing in it. But if it does, then by all means I see no reason to continue defending it.

I am trying to point out the importance of the Qur'aan. In the very first verses we see Allah points out that:

ذَلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ

"This (Quran) is the book, Whereof there is no doubt, A guidance for the God-fearing." (2:2)

This is the book which has no doubt. In seeking other dunya knowledge we should remember that. Other books of science maybe corruptable, and in those matters we cannot believe in them. Even taking the theory of evolution. If all the sciences proved that, we cannot take it, because we have been told by Allah how creation was made. Science as I pointed to definition before, is what MAN finds out from his own experiments and etc.

Now I feel as if I'm going in circles :SMILY27: but I hope i've slightly clarified my position.

wasalam

Abdullah_77

i agree............. it may have science in it but its not a science book'

the book sent down from the lord of the worlds is much greater then that:)