how do you deal with stress/anger?

MubarekMuslimah

:SMILY176:Assalaamu alaikum brothers and sisters

I am after some advice insha'allah...how do you deal with anger or an angry temperment? I am quite stressed at the moment and its manifesting itself in anger and in irritability....I am doing and saying some things I dont like and afterwards I sincerly regret it and I dont know why I get so angry....

How do you deal with anger according to Islam? Its my worst trait unfortunately and Im doing my best with Sabr but sometimes when I get angry or annoyed.....I get really angry!:girl3: and become very emotional too..

I feel mentally exhausted trying to cope with things at the moment...but then I dont know why I am because I know some people in this world have things much worse than me and I should be more grateful...do you ever become grateful enough? or is it the very nature of gratitude and us humans that from time to time we forget what we have and we lose our patience...

Any advice much appreciated insha'allah in how to keep your temper and not get angry and how to deal with stress...

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

Jalila_mustafa

:salam2:

Shaitan Is So Enoying Isnt He...Anywayz

When angry::
Pronounced:: A'uoozubillahi minas shaitaanir rajeem
Translation:: I take refuge with Allah (SWT) from the accursed devil

I Know If Yu Say That Three Times To Yur Self It Helps Alot,
And Also Every Time Yu Feel Angry Yu Should Make Wudo That Helps To.

It Helps Me, InshahAllah it Will Help Yu Too, :hijabi:

P.s And Think happy Thoughts Sister :)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
I feel mentally exhausted trying to cope with things at the moment...but then I dont know why I am because I know some people in this world have things much worse than me and I should be more grateful...

How about going for a holiday
Personally, i read the quran or listen to quranic recitation . But yours , it is mentally exhaausted

Aaron Vinson

I know how you feel

I get the same way jalila mustafa made a great point i usally make wudo and read the quaran or make dua or i try to seek more knowledge of islaam and try to learn more, we are only human at times we will get upset i still do but i allways remind myself ALLAH [swt] loves me and i am alive in good health then i start to feel better

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Waalaikumsalam Sister,

Dr. Bilal Philips gave a short lecture on anger. It is titled at youtube "Don't get Angry- It's Makrooh!" I'm trying to control my anger knowing about this.

InshaAllah, this would help you.

[yt]PxwaigRxPfo[/yt]

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Talk with friends about it or about something else to take your mind off.
Exercise.
Eat.
Play a game.
Pray and ask for help.

Basically, take your mind off it or ask for help and support from close friends and from your Lord.

Salam alaikum.

arabiantxn

i go out driving or listen to quran in the car .
clean you belongings i clean my guns .
pray namaz /salat.
Exercise
work on cars
------
my father goes to sleep.
or he will go sit in car in garage.
or he will come and bug me - he cannot say much to my mother or my sister.
he would check my assets.
-----
my mother she stresses us out so i don't know
---
my sister -she stress us ,so we don't know .
---
really i tried cleaning the bathroom or just other things they work to destress you.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2: my dear sis MubarakMuslimah!

How r u? :hearts:

About your question, well, I'm having the same problem lately astaghfirullah and my cure is: Qur'an Qur'an and Qur'an! Allah speaks to u through the Qur'an!

I'm reading it, listening to it, and keeping it in my mind on my way to work! Ah...and I keep remembering that Jannah is for the sabereen wa' sabeerat!

Alhamdulillah! :hijabi:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I get angry aswell, once I'm angry,I stay angry unless I totally forget what I was angry about, sometimes forgetting what made me angry is difficult. I do take precautions in that, I speak minimal to the people around me in case I offend them (I would/have done that before).

What works for me..may sound strange is...cleaning up? Yeh..I tidy my room..or some other part of the house, I find it quite thereputic, and I normally forget by the time I finish...:)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What we are referring to is useless and selfish anger. It is when things do not go our way. We become angry when our ego is hurt. We feel so betrayed by life.
I have learned through many years of experinece to step back from the situation. I can not afford to go on a vacation but I take a mental vacation. I step back. Too, many times it is a blessing. It is releasing the need for immediate gratification. In the greater realm of things it is really nothing.
The Prophet (swas) told us to move. If we are sitting down we need to get up...there is a connection between the physical and the spritual. We need to change the energy shift. By this we are breaking the spell of the force of anger and dis-spelling it.
The suggestions given by the brothers and sisters is excellent. Remember it is small stuff that you will not even think of a week later, a month later and a year later you will laugh about it.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Salam Alykom:

When I am angry or stressed out I remian SILENT. That way I ensure I wont hurt anyone with bad words or very harsh comments. I take wudu, and go for a walk, or stay on my own for little while. I used to get angry easily, but Alhamdullah with lots of practice, silent became my main way to solve my pronlems.

When we are angry, if we look at our faces in the mirrior we might not recongise ourselves. But, whenever we are angry, smile back, smile back and keep silent. It took me sometime to perfect that to some extent..

I always remember that the one who make me angry, and make me react without bad manner, he/she surly controls me''.. I dont like to be controlled by no body, therefore, I found out that smiling and remaining silent during anger the best solution..

Wassalamu Alykom..

meer suhail

ILM seeker
:wasalam: all

oh seems like every one is having same problem
Alhamdullilah im having gr8 time
well for me ,,well wudu and salat :salah: is the best thing ,,,after my salat i really feel fresh and as if nothing happened ,,,,but those salats are the ones with most concentration i think have to keep focus ,,,so its like it absorbs the stresss and anger ,,,,,but yes as brothers said ,,,,,then 2nd choice is listening to my fav recitations ,those really work for me
Alhamdullilah