what if you did not pray before?

arabiantxn

i would like to welcome you both to turntoislam.com as for the asnwer i am not totally 100% sure so i don't know. some say that you have to make up for all the prayers you missed ,yet another option is that pray your salat regurally form here on and try to pray nafil salat also. (the nafia supposedly replaces your missed fard(obligatory namaz ).i hope some one will have a better answer for you as i am not good.

muslimguy

:salam2:

what is the rulling on someone who was a muslim but never prayed before?
does the person have to repeat all the missing prayers?
please provide ahadiths to back up your answer.

jazakom Allah Khairan.

Aaron Vinson

Good question

I was wondering the same thing i will wait for someone with knowledge about this to anwser your question its a very serious question.

NAVEED

Assalamoalikum

I will try to give as accurate answer as possible. First and foremost Repentence for all missing prayers, only seek Allah SWT's forgiveness, because technically there are only two occassions when you can 'repray' for obligatory prayers and they are, first if you oversleep and time for the salat has passed and secondly,you have so much confusion about time i.e, is it time for asr or its too late and its magrib time or you get confused about fajr time,is it time to pray or sun has arise. apart from that , there is no excuse at all for not praying at time.
however we all tend to miss prayers, because of influence of shaytan on us,who let us makes excuses and we miss prayers, may Allah SWT pardon us for our missing prayers.
The best way to make up for missing prayers is , with each obligatory prayer,instead of praying sunnah and nawafils, we should pray atleast one missing prayer of that time.ie, if we are praying magrib, first we pray three obligatory rakah,and then instead of praying any nawaafil, we should pray another three rakah for that missing magrib salat.
however, the meaning of a hadith is that if we pray all our life just to makeup of 'one' delebrate missed prayer, even that cannot be sufficent.so again I would emphasis on keep making up for missing prayers and also begging from Almighty for pardon,as he is the ultimate pardoner.
any good is from Allah SWT,and anything which is not correct is from me.

Assalamoalikum.