HELP!!!.....I NEED SOMEONES GUIDANCE!!

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
SAALAM everyone
My issue is concering my future.(i'm a sophmore in high school) all my life i have wanted to be a doctor everyone i kno wants me to be a doctor (family wise) but there are some ppl for instance my cousins who are very smart they are in excellerated or AP CLASSES (advanced placement classes) that always say to me that i am dumb "u can't be a doctor"...."ur not smart enough" which is true...i'm an average student getting B's but sometimes C's in my classes
i kno i can inshallah become a doctor..i believe i can because when it comes to taking care of ppl i am very good at it but i don't like such negativity..i believe i can do it
it's just that my cousins think highly of them selves just because they are smarter than me they think they can judge me because of wat my grades are...
they think i am not up to their standard to be thinking that i can be a doctor so i am very frustrated with them
INSHALLAH I WILL BECOME A DOCTOR

Sabz42

Salaam,
let your cousins say what they want to you them saying it dsnt make you any less clever it just shows how low they can be by putting sum1 else down,be strong and prove them wrong as long as u try hard and if you want to become one you will and ask Allah to guide you in the right direction and give you strength. InshAllah you will become a doctor.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Believe me when I say this:

High School is full of bs. You don't learn what you really want to learn in there. The reall education starts when you are in college because you actually learn what you wanna learn. When people say that you have to do good in hs to get into a good college, they are wrong. You can just as easily get into a good college in U.S by going through community college for a year and then transferring over. Its actually easier than going straight from HS.

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum dear sister. You know people always tell me the same think, i mean i always dream of abolishing racism and helping others, and everyone including family tells me (especially brothers and sisters) that i will never be able to do that. I'm average as well, that doesn't mean that because of your grades your not smart enough. everyone is good at something different. Allah does not like the people who boast and fill themselves with pride. Well anyways, i proofed some people wrong. i started a program in school which every week i gather students and speak to them, and hey that's a good start. i'm a freshman in highschool. ever since i was 4th grade that was my dream, and every year i would make a speech at school in front of my peers. Don't let them degrade you, i know how you feel...i have been through that and still am, but i ignore them. or either i tell them how stupid they're being. You are smart, and let me tell you why...you believe in Allah, that makes you smart. You've recognized who you are (a Muslim) that's being smart. You're not filling yourself with pride....that's smart. You might feel hopeless or that you will never achieve that kind of goal, but trust me you can. and inshaAllah you will. People will say anything. They judge you by the outside and don't know how you truly feel inside. Forget them, think of how many muslims you will help inshaAllah in the future. think of how many women and children will be healed by the permission of Allah through you. there is nothing to worry about. you will succeed, and the negativity of others is a test for you...so try not to fail by stooping to their level, rather work harder and proof them to be wrong inshaAllah. asalamu alaykum. and i hope i was of help.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

If i were in your situation, i would smile back when they say those words. The shaitann will whisper to you to cause break up.

misalat

It's true that some family/friends like to demorolize others ... Allah created each person different from the other - there are no two who are exactly the same ... so you should not compare youself with your cousins. the fact is no one can not except Allah who is going to be a successful in his/her futures life. you might tail the exams but you will be wealthier and achieve your goals at a later stage while the ones who were on the front lead miserable life ... this is seen practically, we have seen it already ...

We try our best but at the same time believe it Qadr (the will of God)... this should guide you in achieving your goals whatever they might be.

arabiantxn

We all here love you and belief you can accomplish it. so stop listening to those cousins of yours and listen to your actual family i.e. we ppl.

chaandani

Goofy Member
Hanifa ~ let me just tell you, i took an AP class in HS and there's nothing special about it. im pretty sure i did less work then the regular classes... you can be whatever you want to be. dont let your cousins judge you and tell you that you aren't smart. whats wrong with being an average student? at least you're not a failing student, right? just wait until college when the fun finally kicks in. :p HS is just full of stuff that you're never going to use again i swear.

khalillulah

you know my little sister high school exams does not really say anything about aptitude or your career goals, getting a B or C in high school shouldn't discourage you. you have a long way to go and as long as you know what you are doing you will be set and put trust in Allah, sometimes it can be frustrating to get a lower grade esp when you make a careless error, keep on working hard coz i know high school is not a big deal compared to what is ahead of you :SMILY286::SMILY286:.

maasalam

sofyan

Salam

Life is not always beautiful.
In my opinion, you must response with a smile.
Every people cannot predict in the future. Who knew that a young man who can not read a book is a prophet, and now he is the no. 1 on the top on the list as a greatest man ever in the history.
The one who know you is YOU and ALLAH.
Just Work and DO IT !
agree?
:shake:

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
thanks evryone but it's not like i can't talk to them because we go on the same bus to school my mom and her mom are sisters tht are very close we live across the street from each other

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, what matters is what Allah thinks of you, if he is pleased with you...for example my family wants me to get degrees and stuff, but I realised I want a simple education and where I can focus on what really matters in life, for example my future husband and future family etc....so ONLY care about what pleases Allah, and you will be pleased too insha'Allah

May Allah make it easier for you, ameen

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
asalamu alaykum dear sister. You know people always tell me the same think, i mean i always dream of abolishing racism and helping others, and everyone including family tells me (especially brothers and sisters) that i will never be able to do that. I'm average as well, that doesn't mean that because of your grades your not smart enough. everyone is good at something different. Allah does not like the people who boast and fill themselves with pride. Well anyways, i proofed some people wrong. i started a program in school which every week i gather students and speak to them, and hey that's a good start. i'm a freshman in highschool. ever since i was 4th grade that was my dream, and every year i would make a speech at school in front of my peers. Don't let them degrade you, i know how you feel...i have been through that and still am, but i ignore them. or either i tell them how stupid they're being. You are smart, and let me tell you why...you believe in Allah, that makes you smart. You've recognized who you are (a Muslim) that's being smart. You're not filling yourself with pride....that's smart. You might feel hopeless or that you will never achieve that kind of goal, but trust me you can. and inshaAllah you will. People will say anything. They judge you by the outside and don't know how you truly feel inside. Forget them, think of how many muslims you will help inshaAllah in the future. think of how many women and children will be healed by the permission of Allah through you. there is nothing to worry about. you will succeed, and the negativity of others is a test for you...so try not to fail by stooping to their level, rather work harder and proof them to be wrong inshaAllah. asalamu alaykum. and i hope i was of help.

thanks alot ....u did help!! :hearts:

Sa'diyah

hello

asaalam alaikum

I believe if you put your mind to something, you can do it; do it for yourself, because you want it, not to prove anything to anyone. IF you really want to become a doctor, you can do it. Be positive. People will always comment, but follow your heart.

I advise you to focus a little more in your classes, so that you can bring those grades up. When you are studying for your doctorate, B's and C's is not good enough. I would not want a doctor who got B's and C's performing surgery on me, would you. lol.

Blessings:hearts:

Abdullah Riyadh

If you need any HELP I'm ready

If I could do it any one can, I was once in the same situation and now I’m about to graduate from medical school all you have to do is pray to Allah all the time:salah:
and work very hard, the difference between a high IQ student and a lower IQ student is the amount of work you do to achieve your goal.
If you want any help about your studies or even in medicine in the future insha'Allah.
This is my email: [email protected]

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I am going to share something with you that I've been fairly quiet about. I performed about average in highschool but failed every math class and had to remediate every summer. I graduated on time with about a 3.2 average and went on to college. I still did about average until I found a wonderful Chemistry teacher who really helped me to learn in a method which was more beneficial to retention.

I applied to 6 American medical schools and was denied by every one of them. I felt discouraged and was advised to apply to the medical schools in the Caribbean. I was accepted last year and am about to complete my basic sciences in two weeks (Inshallah) This means I have roughly two years left before I have an MD behind my name. I have never studied so hard in my life but it is definitely possible to accomplish the dream of being a doctor if you are willing to be flexible and driven.

As far as your cousins go...while they may think themselves "smarter" they are not very compassionate so the intelligence is worth less than nothing. Knowledge without humanity is an empty value and they should remember if not for the mercy of Allah swt they wouldn't have that intelligence.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Salaam,

I am going to share something with you that I've been fairly quiet about. I performed about average in highschool but failed every math class and had to remediate every summer. I graduated on time with about a 3.2 average and went on to college. I still did about average until I found a wonderful Chemistry teacher who really helped me to learn in a method which was more beneficial to retention.

I applied to 6 American medical schools and was denied by every one of them. I felt discouraged and was advised to apply to the medical schools in the Caribbean. I was accepted last year and am about to complete my basic sciences in two weeks (Inshallah) This means I have roughly two years left before I have an MD behind my name. I have never studied so hard in my life but it is definitely possible to accomplish the dream of being a doctor if you are willing to be flexible and driven.

As far as your cousins go...while they may think themselves "smarter" they are not very compassionate so the intelligence is worth less than nothing. Knowledge without humanity is an empty value and they should remember if not for the mercy of Allah swt they wouldn't have that intelligence.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

selam aleykum shyhijabi ..that was really interesting, you always sound so wise and intelligent, Allah has blessed you really :)

so far I have agreed with almost every post you wrote masha'Allah

keep it up girl :):ma: