what is your name? what does it mean?

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
:SMILY34::SMILY34:saalam
my name is Hanifa and it means true believer....
(i don't really kno wat "true believer" refers to?)
:)

salahdin

Bismillah asalama aleikum wa rahma tullahi wa barakatu my name is ABDALLAH AND IT MEANS SLAVE OF ALLAH S.W.asalama aleikum wa rahma tullahi wa barakatu

dianek

I do not have an islam name but, for fun......

Vickie is from Victoria from the Roman times which means to conquer, victory!
Diane was the greek goddess of the moon ......SORRY!

So I guess, astuffrilallah, I am translated to Victorius Greek goddess of the Moon!!!!!! Could have been worse I guess!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
My name is Anastasia
I guess its greek or Latin
But I picked the name Aisha and I prefer when ppl call me like that ,coz its a Muslim name :)

waaleikum salam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
assalamo alaikum

well since I'm being lazy..I'm going to copy/paste what I wrote about my name from another thread..

my real name is Ann..a lot of people think that I have changed it because i live in the u.s. and want an easy name and all..and some think it's short for a longer name (a nickname basically) but it's actually a very rare *Arabic* name..and depending on how you use it in a sentence or in a context..it can mean *ripeness or growth*..*time*..or *very extreme heat* (i don't know where my dad was trying to go with that one!) ..and it is also an ancient name from Assyria or Babylon or something like that (can't remember..hehe)

so yeah..I have a horribly haunting name complex..ESPECIALLY..around Arabs..who never believe that my name is Arabic..and of course I'm upset and jealous of all the sisters that I know with beautiful names like..

aisha..fatima..zahraa..hawraa..sahar..etc.

wa alaikum assalam

rony

As-Salam, my name is Luthful Kader Rony. I do not know the meaning. I hope any brother or sister know the meaning.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
:salam2:

ok my name is same as my ID

" MEER SUHAIL" which means

MEER = mayor ,leader
SUHAIL =handsome, brilliant, glorious, sharp, and beautiful."
This was a term that was commonly applied to a bright star.
:laughing-dancing::arabi1::SMILY105:

Joanna-Aisha

Assalamu alykoum!

My name is Joanna which came from hebrew language and it means "Jahwe is merciful". There is famous Joanna D'Arc:) But I would like to have Arabic name and of course it will be Aisha (it read that she was beloved wife of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and that she was firts who said that women should wera Hijab):) So I don;t mind if u call me Aisha. And my last name is Osman, it comes from Ottomans (Osmans) dynasty:):)

Maa el salama

Joanna (Aisha)

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
My name is Rosheen,

It hails from ireland and is Gaelic. The spelling in Gaelic is Roisin

My dad who is English changed the spelling as people would find the orinal spelling difficult to read from.

The meaning of my name is 'rose'

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
salam aleikum
My name is Anastasia
I guess its greek or Latin
But I picked the name Aisha and I prefer when ppl call me like that ,coz its a Muslim name :)

waaleikum salam

your name kind of reminds me of mine, long and rare. Our names have the same amount of letters. But as for the name Aisha, I love that name :)

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Assalamu alykoum!

My name is Joanna which came from hebrew language and it means "Jahwe is merciful". There is famous Joanna D'Arc:) But I would like to have Arabic name and of course it will be Aisha (it read that she was beloved wife of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and that she was firts who said that women should wera Hijab):) So I don;t mind if u call me Aisha. And my last name is Osman, it comes from Ottomans (Osmans) dynasty:):)

Maa el salama

Joanna (Aisha)

aww YES! We have a Danish convert here who is married to a Somali. Now her name is Aisha, it seems everyone is fond of that name and I completely understand why.
I find the name Khadeeja quite beautiful though :)

Salaam,

No disrespect but I've heard some really strange names by non-Muslims such as Mercedes or Lexus. Naming yourself after cars? Pretty original. Might as well call yourself Nicotine (used in cigarettes).

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salaam,

No disrespect but I've heard some really strange names by non-Muslims such as Mercedes or Lexus. Naming yourself after cars? Pretty original. Might as well call yourself Nicotine (used in cigarettes).

Strange that... I've never really heard anyone call themselves "Skoda" or "Lada".

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Salaam,

Did you know where the car Mercedes has its name..the guy who invented it named it after his daughter, so I guess it is originally a female name, but I don't like it either.

NAVEED

I would rather tell you my childeren names, as I use my original name in TTI,which means good news, anyway their names are

Aamna
Maryam
Jibreel.
please tell me you lot like them or not.

Assalamoalikum

My children's names are
Ramzi Mohammad
Aya Yasmine
Norah Rahma

Mashallah! Beautiful names. I love Aya - it sounds like a karate move :SMILY288: May Allah swt bless you and your kids.

I would rather tell you my childeren names, as I use my original name in TTI,which means good news, anyway their names are

Aamna
Maryam
Jibreel.
please tell me you lot like them or not.

Assalamoalikum

Mashallah! Beautiful names. I know plenty of Maryams. I've never heard anyone use Jibreel - it sounds like someone determined and different.