piercings for males?

Electro

is it ok for a male to have a piercing? like an eyebrow piercing..or an ear stretcher ..
the niyya (intention) is not to look like women..and no i'm not like woah fashion freak bla bla bla
i just wanted to ask..

dianek

is it ok for a male to have a piercing? like an eyebrow piercing..or an ear stretcher ..
the niyya (intention) is not to look like women..and no i'm not like woah fashion freak bla bla bla
i just wanted to ask..

Ear stretchers are just GROSS!!!! Why would anyone do that to themselves? I live near the VCU area and there are a lot of "artsy" students who do that and I don't get it.......how ridiculous they will look in their old age.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
i just wanted to ask..
as far as I have come to learn...women are allowed piercings for the ears and the nose...as they are cultural elements..and part of adorning one's self and women enjoy that..

I wish I can remember which thread it was that I read this in..maybe one of the brothers or sisters will find it before I do..

as for men...piercings are not allowed AT ALL..

and I don't think (and this is a personal opinion and perspective on this) the intention would matter..because no one will see your intention..they will see the physical result of it..and ear stretchers would alter the physical appearance of your ears..and I think that is haram..AND you would be imitating the non-muslims by doing things like that..this is a huuuge non-muslim practice..so I think that would make it haram too

PLZ PLZ..correct me if I'm wrong on anything I said..and I'm going to try to provide you with that thread I spoke of

salam

Earrings and bracelets are forms of adornment for women, and Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who make themselves look like women and women who make themselves look like men.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5435).

Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah cursed men who wear women’s clothes and women who wear men’s clothes.” (Reported by Abu Dawood in al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Libaas, Baab fi libaas al-nisaa’). On this basis, it is not permitted for men to wear earrings or nose-rings.

Any Muslim man who wears jewellery is making himself look like the kuffaar, because this is known to be their style of adornment; the latest fashion among them is to wear earrings and the like in their ears, noses, lips, cheeks and other parts of the body (so-called “body-piercing”). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-libaas, Bab libaas al-shuhrah).

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I found this for you..inshallah it will help..

Fatwa No. : 85723
Fatwa Title : Wearing rings on parts of the body
Fatwa Date : 29 Muharram 1424 / 02-04-2003
Question

Is it Halal to put rings on the ear, nose, or other parts of the face and body?
Fatwa

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

It is lawful for the woman to wear any kind of jewelry and ornaments of silver, gold or others. The evidence for this is the Hadith reported by Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Nasai from Ali Ibn Abi Talib that "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) took some silk in his right hand and some gold in his left and said: These two are forbidden to the males of my Ummah" Ibn Majah added, 'lawful to their females'
So, this means that the woman is allowed to pierce her ear, nose or the parts that are generally used for adornment to put on them jewels. As for the covered parts like the stomach, the knee and the like, it is unlawful to pierce them, as this is a sort of imitation of the disbelieving and dissolute women. We point out here that it is forbidden for men to put any kind of jewelry apart from a silver ring as the Prophet did.
Allah knows best.

it's through www.islamweb.net

wa alaikum assalam

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I guess you have had the religious rulings ... not to mention that it is a way by which you will look like Kuffar.

Personally I find piercing/tatoos in males absolutely disgusting.

dianek

I now don't think they should have body piercings, but I was once a fan of a particular person, Sebastian Bach, who had this, what I then thought, awesome nose ring that connected to his chest via another piercing........I know I was weird!

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
Ewwwwwwww i wouldnt dare to get one. it looks nasty on men. on women its fine since they can wear gold and jewelry but not men.