Is the waxing of eye brows allowed?

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum. is the waxing of eyebrows allowed? many people have argued over this, i just want to be sure. salam.:)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i'm not sure. i have to pour over some hadith to find it. i'm almost certain that the plucking of the eyebrows is haram or at least makruh. insh'Allah someone will post daleel as to whether or not is halal or haram to wax one's eyebrows.

:wasalam:

koala

salam:)

:salam2:

how about if your intention is not to SHAPE....you just want to pluck some stray hairs...so that they look neat and tidy.....i feel like my eyebrows look sort of unruly especially when you get close:D....so would it be ok to just pluck a little AROUND ....even if it did make the eyebrows look a bit thinner???

im guessing no:D

wassalam

msrebgui

Sorry not to offend anyone but what about the ones that have a unibrow? Are they allowed to shape them?

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
salam,

I have been told and have read (although cant quite remember where) that it is haram to wax or pluck or use any other method of the eyebrows, however you can pluck or wax other areas of the face (upper lip etc...) about the uni brow i think it could be ok i'm not too sure.....

Hope this helps

Wasalam

:tti_sister: