10 years!

Irish Brother

It must be 10 years of my life that Islam has always interested me as a religion for many reasons, the main one being it feels the true one.

I was raised Irish Catholic and moved to England with my family when i was young, so always faced "issues" from the locals because of what happened with the IRA etc.

Nowadays I see around me the same thing happening to the Muslim brothers and sisters of my community for the same reason's.

This makes me very sad and angry and created an empathy with Muslims around me, which has now created an interest and strong desire of Islam.

Where do i go from here?

I will not lie and say I do not drink and I am not married to the mother of my children. The guilt taught to me from Catholic priests never fazed me, but these things do now for me in the eyes of Allah!

Forgive me for talking nonsensical rubbish, but I am at a Crossroads and feel deep down that perhaps Islam is the Sat Nav I am looking for to take the correct road from this junction!?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Thank you for writing to us. It is not rubbish that you write. It is very difficult to tear down the years of living in a world that does not make sense.

There are many brothers on this forum that are pious men. There are many sisters who will make dua for you.

We can not make the decision for you..but let me tell you: Islam is the home of peace and love. Please ask questions and keep posting. We are multicultural and have varied experiences to help you.

You will notice a drastic change in your life..we are here..and we are a huge family. Welcome.

ShaheedU

Extinct
Hey man:)

Ive ALWAYS wanted an irish accent! It is sooo cool(as Allaah willed it):) I guess you dont have one. What has that got to do with anything?:confused:

Anyways, have you ever read the Qur'an in its explanatory English version? If not I think that is one of the first things you should do because that will further make firm your belief in Allaah, the only one to be worshipped.

Here is an online version http://masjidtawheedchicago.org/books/Quran__Noble_Quran__Meaning_in_English__Khan_and_Hilalee.pdf

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
That's OK. We are not really perfect, that's why there is Allah swt to forgive our sins, but of course seeking repentance comes commitment. Just make duah (prayer) that Allah (swt) may guide you to smoothly enter Islam after you had established in your heart that there is no worthy of worship except Allah (swt) and that Muhammad (sws) is his messenger. And with these you are ready to submit to his will (become a TRUE muslim), that is leaving everything that is prohibited (drinking, etc.) and doing his commandment and what is permissable to him. With these things I might say, you are no longer in a crossroads but in the straight path. It's just for you to choose and walk through it.

Salam

Irish Brother

I hope you all had a great Eid.

Thank you all for the replies you have sent me and I know this journey I am on is going to be a long one and if (Insallah (sp)) I find Islam, I will be looking for a lot of help and advice.

Slainté (an Irish wish of good wealth!!)

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Hello Irish Brother

Again welcome to TTI. I'd encourage you to take your time to read & learn. You already know few muslims so maybe you can ask them some questions (or here on TTI as well). Please make sure you ask someone who actually knows what they are talking about as -unfortunately- there are lots of muslims around who -due to enthusiasm- can give you wrong information.

I'd encourage you to look at the basics of faith beside the "life style" issues. These two links are in the signature of our administrator bro mabsoot and I'd encourage you to have a look at them:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2432

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2426

I pray that you find true happiness in both worlds. Amin.