Catholic convert

Hasibah

Asalaam Alukum;

I am a convert Muslim? I came from the catholic faith. I will post more of a intro later.

Where can I find some Islam avatars?
:tti_sister:

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
wa alaikoom assalam wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatoho

welcome to TTI & congratulations on your reversion

looking forward to hear your story

hager

salam

salam
marbrouk
i'm soso happy to here,that u're convert to islam
allah bless u,brother...
salam
welcome in tti

Hasibah

:salam2:

I started looking into Islam after 9-11. I wanted to know what these crazy people believed. :angryblue:
I had just started college then and had just learned how to use the INTERNET. Which was a very useful tool. I also made Muslim friend around the world who would explain to me things I was unsure of. Back then "beliefnet" was useful. (but not so much anymore). About a year into the introduction of Islam I looked up a Musjid on the INTERNET and went and said my shahada.
I was pressured at first to find a husband but was not mush interested as I was helping my parents and didnt much like the idea of "brining " over a relative of someone from the musjid to marry me. I felt more like a piece of meat. So I rejected the idea for about 2 years.
After 2 years passed I looked for a husband on the INTERNET. A Sister at my musjid said her daughter used it to find a husband. Our town is very small and their is no available men here. (not my age)
My husband came to my town to meet and I went to his town to meet. About a month later we married. That was three years ago. Our anniversary is Feb 14 (3 years married).
My mom died about 8 months into the marriage and it devastated me. Mainly because she kept her sickness to herself and told no one. I NEVER stopped believing in one God ; but I did think about going back to the church. I went in and talked to several priests and was told by the first. Jesus was god so if you dont believe that you are not Christian.
The last time I went to talk to the priest I was denied reconciliation and sacrament because of my husband. They were essentially denying me access to God. No one can do that!
After that I started to think; why am I doing this? I dont believe in the trinity . I really did it because it was my "old home" and I had old feelings attached to my memories. But I will never fit into that "way" again. It dont make sense.

That is about where I am now. I am still "searching" or maybe I have that yearning feeling inside of me. I have spend my whole life thinking of God/Allah and that is no joke. When I was a child I would contemplate how I can be closer to him.
At times I still feel that way; I dont feel "full" if that makes sense.

A lot happened in between all of these events a lot of "islamiphobia" from my family and neighbors but one day I will sit down and write the whole story.

:ma:

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
Trying to learn the basics

welcome

i was catholic as well i make my shahadah tomorrow

this is a great website hope you enjoy

:tti_sister:

Okay, so I am very, very new here. My questions are probably going to be on a childlike level. What is "shahadah"? Translations with words such as these are very helpful. So, until I figure out where I can go and have these words and phrases translated into english I will likely be asking all of you what they mean.

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

Well the Shadaah is the First Pillar of Islam, The testiment of faith!
It has two Parts.
The first being that there is only One God worthy of Worship and the later being testifying that Muhammed(may the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) is the final Messenger of God.

This is said by non-muslims when they Enter Islam to accept Islam

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
Thank you so much. I am trying now to find a site where I can attain these translations so that I can move more quickly into understanding. I appreciate you being so patient and responding so swiftly.