Hijab

amy

I am a new revert to Islam Allhamdulilah!!!
I love my new religion although i am struggling with the Hijab!
I know it is part of my duty as a Muslim to wear it and i inshAllah i do want to wear it but it is a constant battle as i fell really uncomfortable when i put it on. Are there any non Hijab waering sisters out there? Or does anyone have any advice too overcome this because i want to please my Lord and be a 100% muslim!!!:shymuslima1:

dianek

I know it is part of my duty as a Muslim to wear it and i inshAllah i do want to wear it but it is a constant battle as i fell really uncomfortable when i put it on. Are there any non Hijab waering sisters out there? Or does anyone have any advice too overcome this because i want to please my Lord and be a 100% muslim!!!:shymuslima1:

I am a very recent revert as well and I don't wear it. I don't know if I will be able to. Atleast not until I ease my family into my reversion, and I don't know when that will be........it is too hard where I live to wear. Finding jobs would be difficult......and I know, it is all a test but not one I am ready to take just yet.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Don't rush into hijab sisters.

I am a revert and rushed into hijab and ended up going back to being beardheaded...Alhamdulilah i now wear hijab full time. But all i can sau is take it step by step. Don't rush.

The best advice i received was from the imam that witnessed my shahadah, he said 'learn a pillar at a time, even a pillar a year'. He is right. The hijab will come when you are ready and more into the deen.

Just start maybe by wearing modest clothes (i am sure you do already :) )

Don't put pressure on yourself, as you will get stressed and this is no good.

PM me if you ever want to chat :)

isabelelsherif

i have not converted as of yet will be taking my shahadah on Tuesday, but i have already started wearing modest clothing and have been wearing hijab on the weekends and in the evenings if i go out after getting home from work, i cant wear it a work right now or dont know if i ever will be able to wear it, i cant wear it with my family either they would disown me immediately but i take it off right before entering their street and then put it on when i leave

it is hard in the begining but i feel the more you wear it the more it feels right try it a day at a time

inshallah it will go well for you

:tti_sister:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
hey I know what you are going through...I come from a muslim family, but me and my sister are the only ones who cover! I started covering august 2006 and have worn my hijab properly since that :)

I understand what is going on in your head, BEEN THERE;DONE THAT!

But remember the reward and remember that it is your duty...maybe you think oh this and that, my beauty, I feel supressed, however remember that you should be seen for your person...men NEVER have a pure intention when they look at you uncovered...remember that, it would be naive to think!

Appreciate your body, it is YOUR OWN BUSINESS! :) Nobodyelse's

I disagree with Rosheen, I really rushed into hijab, but if your imaan is great and you are steadfast in following islam, don't fear it wil be too much, the hijab is like a part of me

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
Salam sisters,

I can completely understand where ou are coming from also as a revert I had the same concerns and neva thought that I would actually want to wear hijab but masha allah now i do i love it, its part of me alhumdillah.

Like what sister Rosheen said my iman also told me the same, 'take one step at the time, and once do what feels right even if people are telling you that its the right thing to do!! :hijabi:

Also i did the same as sister isabelelsherif, I started weraing my hijab whe I was with my hubby, usually at weekends when I came to visit him and then when I went home I took off, that was untill I got married then the day after y wedding I went to visit my family wearing my hijab and no one said anything. But again when I went home I again took it off. Eventually when I moved in with my hubby, the day I moved in actually I started wearing it and haven't looked back since. At the time my hubby didn't ask me to wear it and it was totally my choice :hijabi:

Insha allah sisters when Allah is ready, you will start wearing it :)

If you wanna chat just pm me :hijabi:

Masalam Saira xx

Jasmiah

The Hijab

Bismillah.
Salam sisters,
The Hijab is a difficult situation for a sister who are used to the western world! I am also a revert to Islam but i knew it was something that would be expected of me once i reverted, so i wore the hijab from the day i became muslim.
Although it is required please dont rush into it and be unhappy, take each day as it comes strengthen your iman and read your namaz and bring yourself closer to Allah (swt) and InshAllah you will find this much easier.
Itbis better to be a non Hijab wearing muslim, than not a muslim at all!!

Although sisters please persevere with the Hijab and look to wearing it in the near future as it is an important part of being a muslim women and it is important for other men not to be glaring at your beauty.

Too the sister who was worried about her parents...
InshAllah your parents will undertstand Islam and also see a change for the better in you as Islam shows us to respect our parents. You nare in my prayers sister and InshAllah your family will accept your faith.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
It took me 2 years to wear my hijab, ( I can hear the gasps now ))( half joking) All I can say is that everyone here is right, learn about your religion more and work on inproving in the deen and inshAllah it will come in time.:wasalam:

blackivy393

just work yourself into it.what i did i would start wearing my hijab anytime i went out afterschool or work, than i added weekends, so i was wearing hijab about half the week, next is left is just wearing hijab during school or work and you're an hijabi full time

Mairo

Maryama
Assalaam aleykum sisters!

I too started out wearing hijab when I first reverted. But I felt very uncomfortable with it - I am not a person who likes to draw attention to myself, and I disliked the kind of attention it would bring. I was prepared to get strange looks at times from other Americans, but what surprised me was the fact that other Arabic muslims who wore hijab would sometimes look at me just as strangely! I also just felt uncomfortable because it is just not a part of American culture to wear one, so it would make me feel out of place and strange in my own skin. However, I absolutely believe in the protection and privacy that comes with wearing hijab, thank God it is a very beautiful thing. I look forward to being a better role model and educating other women about this in the future.

I decided to stop wearing hijab about a year ago when I applied for a new job because I did not want to get discriminated against for it. Also I felt that when you do wear hijab you immediately become targeted as Muslim, and it can be hard to stand up to the scrutiny that brings when you are a new revert. I feel there are MANY more important things that should be understood and practiced in Islam first - your heart, faith and your good deeds count so much more. So I made the decision to concentrate on those things to make myself a better Muslim first. I kind of think of it as how Muhammad PBUH prepared himself at home for a number of years before going out into the public to teach the message.

I understand and appreciate the importance of modesty, so I do practice that fully (I wear modest clothing that covers my body completely, even in the summer time, I do not use makeup, perfume, or style my hair except when I am at home in the company of my husband), with the only exception being that I do not cover my head. But in time I also do intend to go back to wearing hijab full time, I know it is the right thing to do.

I think it may have been easier in the time of the prophet in that the Muslims were all living together in community, all the women were covering and got encouragement from each other in doing so. Living here in the US we are often the only practicing Muslims in our immediate neighborhoods, at the market, at work, or at school, etc. and so we are completely surrounded by non-Muslims in our every day life. I know that is the case for myself! And it can be difficult unless you are really prepared for it.

I feel I am getting close to that point of going back to hijab now, I anticipate implementing it at some point in the upcoming year. My faith has grown a lot and I am much less bothered by whether or not what I do or say appears strange to others. I have accepted that will just be a reality in my life, but I am bound to hold on as tightly as I can to the Quran and Sunnah regardless of what people around me think.

Insha'Allah we can be a good support for each other here.

msrebgui

:salam2:

Hijab comes with Iman(faith) so when your faith becomes stronger then your love for hijab will come. I am a revert as well, I come from a strong christian background and never thought I would be able to wear it but Alhumdulillah the more I learned of Islam and the closer I became to it my Iman grew and my love for the hijab grew. Take one step at a time start by wearing modest clothes and InshAllah once you learn more and more of Islam then you will find yourself yerning to wear hijab.

Hasibah

Dont rush into it. It is not necessary if you feel harm will come to you. I live in a town where I am very scared to wear it. I was spit on once during Ramadan and my DH encouraged me to take it off. Only Allah knows what is in your heart.